4 years has flown by since implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RelievedofED1

4 years has flown by since implant

Postby RelievedofED1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:11 am

It has been four years this minute since Dr Kramer did my implant and I am still ecstatic I got beyond my fears and did it. Everything works when I want it to which is several days a week. As I probably mentioned before I honestly don’t remember ever having less stress related to erections and intercourse. I have no pain though I wear padded bike shorts if bicycling for long distances. The tips of my implant go all the way into my implant so only a quarter inch of length lost and no floppy head. I will definitely seek out Dr Kramer if I need a replacement someday as I wouldn’t have any hesitation seeing him or having it done again. The pain was so minimal for me I was able to use it gently for intercourse in less than 3 weeks with his permission. The only thing that changed was how long my penis is a all the time which makes hiding it something I’ve given up on. My eyes are up here moments have occurred. The only other thing is that I had a loose circumcision as a baby and used to have a great deal of my penis head covered when flaccid and erect which protected it and after the surgery much less foreskin laxity. I have started restoring my foreskin to get it covered again and making progress over the last few months. Easier for me than some I think as I had loose skin even after implant just less.

I have struggled with abnormally high PSAs having two negative biopsies and bouts of prostatitis and one episode of sepsis. Also BPH and urinary retention. I opted for REZUM treatment which has improved flow and nocturnal urination some but led to urge incontinence for a few months after and with my length now made wearing pads tough as to wearing penis up or down. Penis worn up and it is over over or at underwear waist band so had to wear pad high and above underwear or penis down and uncomfortable as I sat on penis at times. I’m not super long but almost as long flaccid as erect now. I would not have Rezum again without anesthesia to knock me out as I had local and it hurt like a b$@ch. Also I did it to avoid TURP and incontinence and retrograde ejaculation and I had incontinence for 3 months and still have retrograde or no ejaculation though orgasms feel great still if not better. Just weird to not feel ejaculation. Wife happy. TURP next time.

I have said before that I would never have the implant before a reasonable trial of all other Ed treatments first including injections which I did as not all implants turn out ok. If no acceptable results trying alternative treatments then I would see Dr Kramer or a doc with his experience like Dr Eid and others to ensure the best outcome possible.

Prayers said for all of you still in the middle of the ED struggle but wanted to check in to give at least one positively no regrets story. Have a great day and week.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

Larry10625

Re: 4 years has flown by since implant

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:19 am

RelievedofED1 wrote:It has been four years this minute since Dr Kramer did my implant and I am still ecstatic I got beyond my fears and did it. Everything works when I want it to which is several days a week. As I probably mentioned before I honestly don’t remember ever having less stress related to erections and intercourse. I have no pain though I wear padded bike shorts if bicycling for long distances. The tips of my implant go all the way into my implant so only a quarter inch of length lost and no floppy head. I will definitely seek out Dr Kramer if I need a replacement someday as I wouldn’t have any hesitation seeing him or having it done again. The pain was so minimal for me I was able to use it gently for intercourse in less than 3 weeks with his permission. The only thing that changed was how long my penis is a all the time which makes hiding it something I’ve given up on. My eyes are up here moments have occurred. The only other thing is that I had a loose circumcision as a baby and used to have a great deal of my penis head covered when flaccid and erect which protected it and after the surgery much less foreskin laxity. I have started restoring my foreskin to get it covered again and making progress over the last few months. Easier for me than some I think as I had loose skin even after implant just less.

I have struggled with abnormally high PSAs having two negative biopsies and bouts of prostatitis and one episode of sepsis. Also BPH and urinary retention. I opted for REZUM treatment which has improved flow and nocturnal urination some but led to urge incontinence for a few months after and with my length now made wearing pads tough as to wearing penis up or down. Penis worn up and it is over over or at underwear waist band so had to wear pad high and above underwear or penis down and uncomfortable as I sat on penis at times. I’m not super long but almost as long flaccid as erect now. I would not have Rezum again without anesthesia to knock me out as I had local and it hurt like a b$@ch. Also I did it to avoid TURP and incontinence and retrograde ejaculation and I had incontinence for 3 months and still have retrograde or no ejaculation though orgasms feel great still if not better. Just weird to not feel ejaculation. Wife happy. TURP next time.

I have said before that I would never have the implant before a reasonable trial of all other Ed treatments first including injections which I did as not all implants turn out ok. If no acceptable results trying alternative treatments then I would see Dr Kramer or a doc with his experience like Dr Eid and others to ensure the best outcome possible.

Prayers said for all of you still in the middle of the ED struggle but wanted to check in to give at least one positively no regrets story. Have a great day and week.

Thanks for sticking with us. What happens a lot is that people join our website depressed and in despair... They get lots of advice and suggestions, then they get courage and hope. Then they start pill or injections or get an implant and once they have started having successful intercourse again, they no longer need us and they just quit logging on. I am thrilled that things have worked out so good for them but, now another voice of experience, another source of pictures senior member to ask questions of has left. We need people like you, Dave, Happy, Max, Smetro, dg_moore Geronimo, Donnie, etc, etc, etc (sorry, I know I have left out some big names on here). These are the guys that have been there, done that. Thanks again to all of you and all the senior members that I have not listed. All of you are truly helping and this site wouldn't be the same without you. :)

Larry

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:48 pm

I would hasten to second what Larry said, to come back after a good while and tell us how you got on is great to hear, and you're doing well!

Can I ask you, does your glans retain blood at all?

I assume not since you noted that you have a bit of length loss even with properly fitting cylinders, I presume this is due to the glans no longer inflating. Also, what's wrong with a bulge after Ed...… haha!
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Dogface

Postby Dogface » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:14 pm

RelievedofED1 wrote:It has been four years this minute since Dr Kramer did my implant and I am still ecstatic I got beyond my fears and did it. Everything works when I want it to which is several days a week. As I probably mentioned before I honestly don’t remember ever having less stress related to erections and intercourse. I have no pain though I wear padded bike shorts if bicycling for long distances. The tips of my implant go all the way into my implant so only a quarter inch of length lost and no floppy head. I will definitely seek out Dr Kramer if I need a replacement someday as I wouldn’t have any hesitation seeing him or having it done again. The pain was so minimal for me I was able to use it gently for intercourse in less than 3 weeks with his permission. The only thing that changed was how long my penis is a all the time which makes hiding it something I’ve given up on. My eyes are up here moments have occurred. The only other thing is that I had a loose circumcision as a baby and used to have a great deal of my penis head covered when flaccid and erect which protected it and after the surgery much less foreskin laxity. I have started restoring my foreskin to get it covered again and making progress over the last few months. Easier for me than some I think as I had loose skin even after implant just less.

Thank you for sharing your story. Very timely for me. I'm scheduled with Dr. Kramer on Wednesday 4-17-19.
RP surgery for PCa March 2011, rising PSA 2013, remission since 2014. Chronic ED since 2011 tried pills, VED, and injections. Implanted LGX 4/17/19 Dr. Kramer. On scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8. That's due to a slight curve.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Dogface wrote:

Thank you for sharing your story. Very timely for me. I'm scheduled with Dr. Kramer on Wednesday 4-17-19.

Great doctor, great record, you will be a believer. Start anticipating losing your implant virginity, it's almost as good as losing it the first time. :)

Larry

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:47 pm

Larry,

It’s way better. Losing my original virginity was not a treat. I was a two pump dump.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:48 am

radioradio wrote:Larry,

It’s way better. Losing my original virginity was not a treat. I was a two pump dump.

Bob

Although NOT bragging, I had one night where I was a one pump chump... I was mortified. Thank God I take care of my wife during foreplay. Is there anyone else out there who cannot get their partner to orgasm through intercourse?? If I finger her or use a vibrator she goes crazy but it has NEVER worked by drilling her. :(

Larry

roksolid

Postby roksolid » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:20 am

Yup. I fixed that problem.

I have a friend who swore to me that she never gets off on vaginal. I've known her for years.

She doesn't suffer from that malady anymore.

rok
The Rok is now solid! Implanted 8/14/18. AMS700CX (21+1)

"That magic in your pants is making me blush!" --Kesha

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:44 am

LeRoastBeef wrote:I would hasten to second what Larry said, to come back after a good while and tell us how you got on is great to hear, and you're doing well!

Can I ask you, does your glans retain blood at all?

I assume not since you noted that you have a bit of length loss even with properly fitting cylinders, I presume this is due to the glans no longer inflating. Also, what's wrong with a bulge after Ed...… haha!

Initially I didn’t have any engorgement but not too different from what happened (or didn’t) before my implant. I have noticed that has improved over the years though I will still use Muse pellets at times.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:47 am

Dogface wrote:

I will be thinking of you but know you are in good hands! Dr Kramer is one of the best in my book as a caring physician and talented surgeon.

Return to “Implants”