Dr. Eid doesn't work with my insurance... would Dr. Karpman be a good second choice for an implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
WindWizard

Re: Dr. Eid doesn't work with my insurance... would Dr. Karpman be a good second choice for an implant?

Postby WindWizard » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:20 am

Zxylpk wrote:I chose Dr. Karpman because he was on the West Coast, and came highly recommended. If I had to do it again, he would be my first choice regardless of his location. Check his credentials and talk to him.

Would you attribute anything negative to the infrapubic implant approach you received? A lot of guys on FrankTalk really seem to be against the approach in general, and I've heard a lot of horror stories from people who've gone thru it, but I also know it's all that Karpman does and he seems to be highly regarded. I'm gonna call his office tomorrow and see if I can speak to him soon. Again, with him being in network, he seems like the obvious choice, but the infrapubic approach scares me....
20 years old. Severe ED for the past 5 years due to scar tissue.
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

Larry10625

Re: Dr. Eid doesn't work with my insurance... would Dr. Karpman be a good second choice for an implant?

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:55 am

WindWizard wrote:
Zxylpk wrote:I chose Dr. Karpman because he was on the West Coast, and came highly recommended. If I had to do it again, he would be my first choice regardless of his location. Check his credentials and talk to him.

Would you attribute anything negative to the infrapubic implant approach you received? A lot of guys on FrankTalk really seem to be against the approach in general, and I've heard a lot of horror stories from people who've gone thru it, but I also know it's all that Karpman does and he seems to be highly regarded. I'm gonna call his office tomorrow and see if I can speak to him soon. Again, with him being in network, he seems like the obvious choice, but the infrapubic approach scares me....

Ask him, maybe he would be willing to do it another way. :)

Larry

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:30 pm

I know there are people who like infrapubic. Been a while so I do not remember. I think Eid and a couple others said infrapubic should only be used on overweight people. I think it boils down to the fat cushions the tubing so it does not turn into a pain issue. I do know of several who had the same issue as I had infrapubic. After saying that, 15 minute install factory assembly line Perito does infrapubic and he does many but I do not know how many of his patients are senile geriatrics that would not know a good job from a bad. He never returned my calls. Some here say he does good repairs. There was a video one time of Eid and Perito giving the merits why they use the approach they do. Both said bad things about the other. One was a bit unkind and the other was rather blunt with their reasons. I have talked to some who used Karpman and they were all very happy and liked him. My wife says 2 doctors said infrapubic should not have been used on me because I was too thin to use that method on. Karpman was 2000 miles away and Milam was a 5 hour drive else I would probably have gone with Karpman the first time. Both had good reviews here at the time but research later on found past reviews on Milam sucked and Karpan were still good. As far as I know Milam was the only one that was an advertiser here.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:34 am

Wind, not sure why infrapubic scares you. For me, choosing my surgeon was most important. Once I met with Karpman, I knew I was in good hands. I was deathly afraid of infection and his statistics on infection are exemplary. I’m not overweight and I’m pretty fit, work out regularly, which i think is key for recovery whichever type of surgery you have. Best of luck in making your decision.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

Return to “Implants”