Venous leak confirmed. What next?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
googly3

Re: Venous leak confirmed. What next?

Postby googly3 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I had not visited this forum in some time, but I genuinely appreciate all responses!
33 y/o, suffering from ED as long as I can remember. Never had random boners. Pills worked for a few years, but now losing efficacy. Venous leak confirmed by Dr. Garber. Likely going the implant route at some point.

nick.young1888

Postby nick.young1888 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:19 am

googly3 wrote:Hello gentlemen,

I got my doppler ultrasound done sometime back, and Dr. Garber had confirmed to me that I have a venous leak. I have access to the results now, and I wanted to compare it with others. In spite of the leak, Dr. Garber told me that I should try all options and not rush into the implant given my relatively young age. I've been lurking on this site for a year or two now and have gone through a lot of posts related to venous leaks. In a lot of these posts members have pointed out that implant might be the only option for leak patients, so it got me wondering why the Dr. Garber didn't directly suggest the implant.

I also came across posts where members mentioned the % of their leaks (example: "Dr. Eid told me that Implant is my best option since I had a 45% leak") - I don't have a such a %age number. All I have are the numbers below. I have tried pills and they are only good for oral sex, as as soon as I try to penetrate I lose my erection (I start losing an erection when I move around a little). My avg. peak systolic velocity number is 28.84, end-diastolic velocity is 7.56 and resistance index is 0.73. Is implant the only option for me? Any thoughts?

hey, do you get morning wood or nocturnal erections at all?

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:18 am

It seems that your inflow is sub-par and your outflow is pretty high (everything above 5 is considered pathological), but the average inflow (if I remember correctly) is above 30.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:07 am

I am 63. My ED problem started at age 30. I immediately went to a reputable urologist who specialized in men’s sexual dysfunction. Back then it was before many of the tests and treatments available today. He diagnosed that it was in my head because he gave me an injection and I had a hard cock for a couple hours. The psychologist he referred me to did not find anything to conclude it was in my head.

It took nearly three decades and numerous doctors to finally diagnose a severe Venous Leak. I could not even get an erection from the injection used for the test. For 30 years my problem was consistent that I could get hard while flat on my back and go soft when I moved. I hope since you have the VL results you will be able to move forward and get in with your life.

You may not feel lucky, but you are lucky to live in this time when we have more tests and knowledge of VL. Most doctors will require you to try all of the other options available, including pills, injections, etc. before moving forward with an implant.

Best wishes.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Implants”