How to get an implant NOW

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

How to get an implant NOW

Postby DougAnd » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:09 pm

I was ready for an implant long before I got mine. But it was a complicated situation. I thought it might be in my head. So did my wife. Meanwhile zero erections and zero sex. I waited for medicare to kick in then got serious. I tries pills again, masturbation, finally VED. But had I known it was medical not in my head I would have done it even before all that.
Here is the key to convincing your uro it's time. I was asked if I had tried pills. Yes I had on and off for years but with mixed results. All you need to say is yes and they do not work well for me. In my case I got a 2 day head ache each time but you don't even need to say that. Just that they do not work well enough. No details.
Can you have an erection masturbating? Not hard enough for penetration. No details just does not work satisfactorily.
Have you tried injections suppositories or creams? Unless your insurance demands that you try these you can simply say not interested. I had my one and only injection for my first Doppler. The needle was ok no big deal. It burned inside and for 2 hours it felt like I was having a monster erection but nothing was happening. I didn't need to even go there a simple don't want to was good enough.
I went to 4 different uros before my implant and usually all I had to say was that I had not been able to have satisfactory sex in two years and that was it. I was functionally impotent. If you guys are straining to quickly get it in before it's gone, let me ask you is that satisfying? Honestly? wouldn't rather take your time until both of you are ready" If yes is your answer then you need an implant NOW!
Guys if you are ready for an implant answer the questions correctly and within 6 weeks you will be bionic. All the doctor wants to know is that A. You are well aware that it cannot be reversed a one way decision and B. that you want it now.
Here is where I'm coming from. Ask your FT brothers if they should have done it earlier. Most will say yes. Most guys do not realize the unbelievable crap they are enduring with ED. You don't have to do that. If you are one of those guys it's time past time actually. You just need to have the mindset that enough is too much and answer the questions accordingly. Your uro is a smart guy he will get the message. And schedule for life changing surgery. Would I rather have my 20 year old dick back? Absolutely. Not going to happen. But I much prefer my 66 year old dick to my 50 year old one. Hands down. No question at all. Find the right Doc and just do it.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

oldbeek

Re: How to get an implant NOW

Postby oldbeek » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:55 pm

I disagree. There are lots of guys that use injections for years and are happy with them. If they had not given me EXTREME pain, I would have stayed on them. The erections were more full and satisfiying. The orgasms were easier and more enjoyable. It was just closer to natural for me. But, the peyronies which may have been just because of the RP surgery forced me into an implant.I used injections for a short time at a very reduced dose with a tolerable ache in my dick. The experience was good. Definitely if pills worked I would not be here with an implant.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:43 pm

I am glad I waited. My advice is when nothing else works it is time for an implant regardless of your age.

I had great erections with injects for 20 years. About the twenty year mark the injections started not to work so well. I probably could have used a more potent injection and waited longer. I wanted the spontaneity of the implant. For me the loss in sensitivity was not worth the spontaneity.

The down side of twenty years of injections was scar tissue makings the implant process much more difficult.

Bottom line is if you can’t get an erection on your own or with help get an implant.
59 years old. Forth revision 10/2021
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

getitdone

Postby getitdone » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:49 pm

I believe his target audience are men that have pretty much already decided that an implant is what they need. The title of the post was not "GET an implant Now" it was "How to get an implant NOW". This decision is 100% individual and every case is different for every person. His point is that you don't have to try every known treatment for ED in order to get an implant. Any Urologist will gladly prescribe all types of treatments before an implant. Pills first, then a different pill. Then different types of injections. Then shock-wave treatments, P-shots or whatever you can think of before an implant.

All you have to do to qualify for an implant is tell the Urologist that you have tried ED pills and they didn't work for you, that's all. I waisted six months giving injections a try because I thought I needed to demonstrate that other treatments didn't work for me in order to get an implant. I wish I had found this site earlier and I would not have waisted six months trying something that didn't work for me.
South Texas, 50 yo, single, ED 20+years, pills not effective anymore, trimix works but very painful. Titan implanted 3/26/19.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:50 pm

I have say the first three urologist surgeons i saw as soon as peyronies was noted wanted to schedule me real quick for a titan. Like next week soon. Bcbs when i checked said ed had to be involved. Those first three checked nothing medically to determine level of ed. 4th and final did blood flow tests etc and told me i was broke, had 30 or so degee curve and implant was my only hope. Scheduled titan asap, and no insurance issues. No bills yet so still waiting on my part of bill.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:35 pm

getitdone wrote:I believe his target audience are men that have pretty much already decided that an implant is what they need. The title of the post was not "GET an implant Now" it was "How to get an implant NOW". This decision is 100% individual and every case is different for every person. His point is that you don't have to try every known treatment for ED in order to get an implant. Any Urologist will gladly prescribe all types of treatments before an implant. Pills first, then a different pill. Then different types of injections. Then shock-wave treatments, P-shots or whatever you can think of before an implant.

All you have to do to qualify for an implant is tell the Urologist that you have tried ED pills and they didn't work for you, that's all. I wasted six months giving injections a try because I thought I needed to demonstrate that other treatments didn't work for me in order to get an implant. I wish I had found this site earlier and I would not have wasted six months trying something that didn't work for me.

Bingo! Some Docs will keep you hanging limp forever. But when it's obviously time just give it up and do it. I'm about to post a reality check thread so guys like me can know what it's not.
DougAnd
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:42 pm

DougAnd wrote:
getitdone wrote:I believe his target audience are men that have pretty much already decided that an implant is what they need. The title of the post was not "GET an implant Now" it was "How to get an implant NOW". This decision is 100% individual and every case is different for every person. His point is that you don't have to try every known treatment for ED in order to get an implant. Any Urologist will gladly prescribe all types of treatments before an implant. Pills first, then a different pill. Then different types of injections. Then shock-wave treatments, P-shots or whatever you can think of before an implant.

All you have to do to qualify for an implant is tell the Urologist that you have tried ED pills and they didn't work for you, that's all. I wasted six months giving injections a try because I thought I needed to demonstrate that other treatments didn't work for me in order to get an implant. I wish I had found this site earlier and I would not have wasted six months trying something that didn't work for me.

Bingo! Some Docs will keep you hanging limp forever. But when it's obviously time just give it up and do it. I'm about to post a reality check thread so guys like me can know what it's not.
DougAnd

Doug I agree with that. The only thing I would add is do your homework and get the best doc you can. Don’t settle because it’s faster.

Mav
59 years old. Forth revision 10/2021
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:10 pm

Just say to the doctor if he thinks you are good and don't need one; "Let's F#@%". :shock: That should get the situation back on track. :roll: :lol:
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:12 pm

Maverick2dog wrote:I am glad I waited. My advice is when nothing else works it is time for an implant regardless of your age.

I had great erections with injects for 20 years. About the twenty year mark the injections started not to work so well. I probably could have used a more potent injection and waited longer. I wanted the spontaneity of the implant. For me the loss in sensitivity was not worth the spontaneity.

The down side of twenty years of injections was scar tissue makings the implant process much more difficult.

Bottom line is if you can’t get an erection on your own or with help get an implant.

Agreed, personally for me the injections were great in the beginning but after a few years I had to keep increasing the potency and the dosage amount. Unfortunately, after years of injections I begin to develop fibrosis and scar tissue. If I had to do it all over again I think I would have got the implant sooner so I could have saved my penile tissue from excessive scaring and fibrosis. But hindsight is always 20/20 vision.
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

gene308

Postby gene308 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:16 pm

You all make good points. I would add one more .Age.. I was 67 when I got my implant. I prayed for another 10 years of passion with the woman I love. Thanks to the implant I now have that. The advice from the members of FT was wonderful. I thank you all for helping me through this. Reading your experiences was an inspiration To be honest I was terrified of this procedure. I kept reading and remembering how so many of you were happy with the results. It gave me courage.
Gene308 married 43 years AMS 700 CX 21cm+2cm Implanted 10/04/2018 Dr James Hotaling (surgeon) and Mariah McCafferty, (Surgical Nurse and AMS rep) , University of Utah

Return to “Implants”