Scheduled April 17th !

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
needhelp

Scheduled April 17th !

Postby needhelp » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:31 am

I have not been on FT for a few weeks. Been doing a lot of thinking. I'm back. I'm scheduled for my surgery April 17th. I'm scared but realize this has to be done. A year ago at this time I was having great sex. No issues at all. Then that horrible night where my life changed for ever....... I had a fracture having sex. Now less that a year I'm having an implant (that I have to pay out of pocket). Thank God for a dear friend that I met here on FT that referred me to his Dr or I probably would not be able to make this happen. He has helped me in more ways than he could imagine. This pass 10 months have been the most stressful and depressing time of my life. Cant get it up, gf finds another guy, insurance wont pay, this is my life now?....I can see how people "take the bridge". I honestly have to admit, I sat there at times staring at my sleeping pills thinking about what it would be like or if I could really do it. I think that is a thought we've all have had at times when your down as far as you think you can go....... and then life seems to push you down a little more.... I pray after April 17th my life will be back. I feel that I have loss so much in my life. Hard to imagine being happy again. I'm scared at the same time. I'm single. Dating will be different, sex will be different, foreplay will be different. I'm walking into the unknown....I'm just out of my comfort zone I guess......a scary feeling
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

SW0110

Re: Scheduled April 17th !

Postby SW0110 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:13 am

Wish you the best. Hope things go well for you. 25 days since my titan implant. It went really smoothly. Very little pain, bruising, or swelling. Still so glad here i went ahead and did not wait any longer.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Needhelp,

I'm outside of Wilmington and just made an appointment with Dr. Lentz. I'm wondering who the doctor is that you found?

Tom
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:43 pm

needhelp wrote:I have not been on FT for a few weeks. Been doing a lot of thinking. I'm back. I'm scheduled for my surgery April 17th. I'm scared but realize this has to be done. A year ago at this time I was having great sex. No issues at all. Then that horrible night where my life changed for ever....... I had a fracture having sex. Now less that a year I'm having an implant (that I have to pay out of pocket). Thank God for a dear friend that I met here on FT that referred me to his Dr or I probably would not be able to make this happen. He has helped me in more ways than he could imagine. This pass 10 months have been the most stressful and depressing time of my life. Cant get it up, gf finds another guy, insurance wont pay, this is my life now?....I can see how people "take the bridge". I honestly have to admit, I sat there at times staring at my sleeping pills thinking about what it would be like or if I could really do it. I think that is a thought we've all have had at times when your down as far as you think you can go....... and then life seems to push you down a little more.... I pray after April 17th my life will be back. I feel that I have loss so much in my life. Hard to imagine being happy again. I'm scared at the same time. I'm single. Dating will be different, sex will be different, foreplay will be different. I'm walking into the unknown....I'm just out of my comfort zone I guess......a scary feeling

Totally great news. So glad you found the financial resources to overcome insurance denial. I'm married and of course unable to fathom what single guys are up against with going into a new relationship when sex becomes involved. However, I HAVE imagined it an awful lot (don't read anything into that! My marriage is a life sentence at this point I'm entirely happy with). I see it like this. If you become overly concerned with trying to hide the implant initially you are vastly compounding the pressure you felt in dealing with ED in the first place. In the situation of finding myself single, I see the benefit of having established a solid relationship before sex comes into the picture. One good thing about that approach is you come off as more mature, steady guy instead of a young horn dog. At that point, I would be straight up eliminating the pressure by having a conversation about being bionic with the woman. As someone else pointed out in another thread where this was discussed, women place a high value on honesty. I imagine myself telling a woman "look, you're about to find that I'm not going to get hard instantly because of being with you. I can assure you though that I WILL FEEL THE NEED to be hard just the same as before. It simply will require a few seconds of manual effort on my part to be ready and we'll be having the best sex imaginable". I think owning it is the best policy, especially since you'll know as Will Sonnet used to say "no brag, just fact" and that you WILL be able to deliver incredible, sustained sex for as long as a woman can handle it. Where is there any need to back up from that?

On the topic of suicidal ideation... I believe this forum has lost a few guys to suicide before I came on. I've wondered about another guy who in his first few posts mentioned he was struggling with the thought. He hasn't been back in quite some time. I myself got that low initially. The only thing that stopped me was the memory of my father who killed himself at the same age Elvis Presley was when he died (42), just two months before Elvis passed. I get reminded of it every year when comments about how long it's been since Elvis left invariably come up somewhere. With my dad, I remember how much all 4 of us kids abjectly hated him for taking his own life. I couldn't subject my family to that no matter how appealing the idea of it became. As it turned out, everything in my life is the best it could possibly be at this point.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:10 pm

Hey brother I'm happy for ya. Anything ya need just let me know. Don't forget to change your signature line to reflect what's going on. I get to FINALLY start pumping and using this thing on April 12th :D . I think you'll be happy with Dr.T, he's done a great job on mine so far.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:28 pm

Lunatech wrote:Hey brother I'm happy for ya. Anything ya need just let me know. Don't forget to change your signature line to reflect what's going on. I get to FINALLY start pumping and using this thing on April 12th :D . I think you'll be happy with Dr.T, he's done a great job on mine so far.

You do know that comment about that guy who's helped me was you buddy....thank you...I'll be in touch. Got some information on the discharge. Bet you cant wait to start pumping :)
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:49 pm

Glad you found the resources to do it! I find it hard to believe an insurance company can deny a way to make you whole after an injury. If you lost a leg, would they make you go without one? Damnable $#it on their part. Awesome persistence man!
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:16 am

needhelp wrote:You do know that comment about that guy who's helped me was you buddy....thank you...I'll be in touch. Got some information on the discharge. Bet you cant wait to start pumping :)

Just want to help a brother out if I can. ;) Look forward to talking to ya again and don't hesitate to give me a call or text about anything. I know how the nervousness and butterflies increase with each day getting nearer to surgery.

Yeah, we (wife and I) are counting down the days till 4/12. I'm expecting a little pain and discomfort when I start pumping but the result is going to be worth this journey.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

disapointed2

Postby disapointed2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:03 am

I have been posting my progress etc. I am 4 days post op. Your welcome to read these posts. I have been extremely lucky so far with the surgery. Fear not the surgery, if your surgeon is a good one then it will be ok. Good luck in April. if you have any questions for me do not be afraid to contact me. I am willing to pass on my experience with this implant information. Good luck to you. Gods speed
67yrs old. ed for 8yrs. Implanted 5-29-2019

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:24 am

Lunatech wrote:
needhelp wrote:You do know that comment about that guy who's helped me was you buddy....thank you...I'll be in touch. Got some information on the discharge. Bet you cant wait to start pumping :)

Just want to help a brother out if I can. ;) Look forward to talking to ya again and don't hesitate to give me a call or text about anything. I know how the nervousness and butterflies increase with each day getting nearer to surgery.

Yeah, we (wife and I) are counting down the days till 4/12. I'm expecting a little pain and discomfort when I start pumping but the result is going to be worth this journey.

You'll be hearing from me. So happy for you and your wife :)

Return to “Implants”