Both dissapointed & have a pump question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
HomeTeam

Both dissapointed & have a pump question

Postby HomeTeam » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:43 pm

This is my first post on Franktalk as I recently found out about this site.

Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida implanted me on Jan 25, 2019 with a 22cm Titan. He also had to use the 'scratch technique' as I had some scar tissue from years of Trimix injections. The Titan implant was left partially inflated to 50% for 3 days. When I went back to his office on the 4th day he deflated me and told to me alternate using ice and hot showers to help reduce the swelling. Unfortunately, my testicles were swollen for approximately 4 weeks until the end of February. Then I noticed that my left testicle was still swollen and the pump was partially under my left testicle. Dr. Perito told me I had Epidemytis on my left testicle and prescribed antibiotics for this. After 1 week of antibiotics my left testicle finally went down from the swelling around March 10th, but the left testicle is still partially sitting on the pump.

On March 15th I went to his office and was extremely disappointed once he finally pumped me all the way at my request. My inflated erect penis was the same size as my flaccid penis size before the implant. For comparison my pre surgery size was 6.5 inches fully erect and 3.5 inches flaccid. On top of that the base of my penis is thick when fully inflated but the higher you go up the shaft toward my glans the narrower my penis gets. Dr. Perito said I had more penis at the base and I need to pump 3x a day for 1 hour a day and use VED to get my length back.

The problem is as of today 3/28/19 I still can't find the release valves on my own. I can pump it up on my own but I still can't find the release valve on my own. Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully appreciated as I need to get my pre-surgery length back in a hurry?

Is this experience normal?
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

ED2013

Re: Both dissapointed & have a pump question

Postby ED2013 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:00 pm

Feel for the release valve in a hot bath. It will loosen your scrotum and make it easier to feel.

George03

Postby George03 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:57 am

AMS 700 here. I was similar to you a couple of months after activation. Not much different flaccid than when pumped at first. Also, more narrow toward the end. Almost 6 months now, and girth is thicker near the end, length looks almost pre prostectamy. It is still early for you, but contact your doc if any concerns. If you read the forum, most seem to take up to a year to regain length.
Prostate removal August 2017, AMS 700 LGX Implant August 2018 60's, generally good shape and health. PSA zero so far.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:05 am

HomeTeam wrote:This is my first post on Franktalk as I recently found out about this site.

Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida implanted me on Jan 25, 2019 with a 22cm Titan. He also had to use the 'scratch technique' as I had some scar tissue from years of Trimix injections. The Titan implant was left partially inflated to 50% for 3 days. When I went back to his office on the 4th day he deflated me and told to me alternate using ice and hot showers to help reduce the swelling. Unfortunately, my testicles were swollen for approximately 4 weeks until the end of February. Then I noticed that my left testicle was still swollen and the pump was partially under my left testicle. Dr. Perito told me I had Epidemytis on my left testicle and prescribed antibiotics for this. After 1 week of antibiotics my left testicle finally went down from the swelling around March 10th, but the left testicle is still partially sitting on the pump.

On March 15th I went to his office and was extremely disappointed once he finally pumped me all the way at my request. My inflated erect penis was the same size as my flaccid penis size before the implant. For comparison my pre surgery size was 6.5 inches fully erect and 3.5 inches flaccid. On top of that the base of my penis is thick when fully inflated but the higher you go up the shaft toward my glans the narrower my penis gets. Dr. Perito said I had more penis at the base and I need to pump 3x a day for 1 hour a day and use VED to get my length back.

The problem is as of today 3/28/19 I still can't find the release valves on my own. I can pump it up on my own but I still can't find the release valve on my own. Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully appreciated as I need to get my pre-surgery length back in a hurry?

Ed is correct... the hotter the better. The heat makes the rubber pump softer. Also, did you get a key chain pump sample? I don't know if Coloplast does that, AMS does. I found it easier to find it while comparing to the sample. Sorry to tell you this but I think he meant girth, the Coloplast products DO NOT work on length, only the AMS LGX. I hope you are able to find your valve and lose your implant virginity. Are you still swollen anywhere? You could gently tug at your pump and testicle until they separate. It sounds like tissue has attached them. Many of our members have pulled them apart over time, just be firm but gentle.. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:08 am

George03 wrote:AMS 700 here. I was similar to you a couple of months after activation. Not much different flaccid than when pumped at first. Also, more narrow toward the end. Almost 6 months now, and girth is thicker near the end, length looks almost pre prostectamy. It is still early for you, but contact your doc if any concerns. If you read the forum, most seem to take up to a year to regain length.

Agreed and Dr. Perito is one of the best. :)

Larry

HomeTeam

Postby HomeTeam » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:31 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
HomeTeam wrote:This is my first post on Franktalk as I recently found out about this site.

Ed is correct... the hotter the better. The heat makes the rubber pump softer. Also, did you get a key chain pump sample? I don't know if Coloplast does that, AMS does. I found it easier to find it while comparing to the sample. Sorry to tell you this but I think he meant girth, the Coloplast products DO NOT work on length, only the AMS LGX. I hope you are able to find your valve and lose your implant virginity. Are you still swollen anywhere? You could gently tug at your pump and testicle until they separate. It sounds like tissue has attached them. Many of our members have pulled them apart over time, just be firm but gentle.. :)

Larry

Larry - No I'm not currently swollen anymore, but it seems like the pump ball is sitting too high up on my left testicle. In fact while looking in the mirror my left testicle is now higher than my right testicle as my right testicle is freely hanging normal. This is also impacting my useable dick length to penetrate. My left testicle is still a little sore, but literally it seems like some tissue is attached to the ball. I'll begin the "Hot Baths" as you guys suggest. I'm really concerned about my length as I was a 'grower' and not 'shower' to begin with. Dr. Perito told me that by aggressively cycling I could gain my pre-implant length over the course of a year or so. I hope he's right, if not I'll look to possibly do a revision in about a year or so with Dr. Eid.

I went to Dr. Perito because I had several people say he was the absolute best in SouthEast part of the US, which I live in South Florida. Man, I hope this really works out, but for right now I'm
52 years old. Implanted (Infrapubic) on 1/25/19 with a 22cm Titan by Dr. Perito in Miami, Florida. ED for 20 years (Pills for 10 years / Injections for 10 years). Penile injections led to fibrosis and scar tissue. Penile implant last resort.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:38 pm

You have the same problem as MK who also has a Titan. Your implant is badly buckled deep inside of you.I have an LGX and it took me 7 months to fully inflate my implant. Mine is softer so takes longer to break up the scarring. I really do not understand why these guys do not send patients home fully stretched out.
Your pump is a different problem. For some reason surgeons can't seem to get it right. Maybe there is no right place? But obviously high is never it. Sounds like yours has glued itself to your left testicle. Not sure about sterility but that's got to hurt. Mine was on top of my left testicle cord hurt every time I tried to pump. 4 months later I'd had enough and had a surgery just to move my pump. Good luck.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:57 pm

My right testicle just does not want to work and play well with others either. The left one sits fine but the right one is nestled right agsinst that deflate button. Pump is right in the middle and low. Hot baths help a lot. I also had one spot that seemed stuck to the pump ball. I just started working skin in a circular motion and kept tugging skin. Not pump. Doc said pump settles over a couple months as scrotum heals and tubes find their place. Scrotum moves freely now. In order to reach deflate button i have reach under and push rightie up out of the way. Lots of stories on here where pump works itself out over time.

I would not get worried about size right now. Read over a bunch of tag lines and you will see a lot of 22 cm titans were implanted in guys with stretch lengths of 6.5 inches or even longer who got all that back and more. Just check signature lines for cm length. Old posts will usually turn up stretch length. I stretched at 6.25 so say 6 for a little leeway. I got 19 cm 3 weeks ago. I am still about 25 percent inflated and still bone press at 5.5. I can feel a lot of emptiness in the cylinders as well and not really stretched at all. I have no doubt i will get my 6 back. I might have to wait for a revision to get my twenties 7 lnches though. Every body is different but pretty much every person i have seen here with 22 is doing better than 6 inches in length.

One thing to see is where tips are. They should be in your glans. Even mostly deflated they still should be up about halfway in glans. My 30 to 35 degree curve is almost gone right now to.

Still way early. Keep my fingers crossed for you and the antbiotics do their job.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:02 pm

I agree Dr. Perito is one of the best. I know it’s tuff right now, but I wouldn’t worry. Judging by the length of the implant you have, it’s likely you’ll eventually be very close to your pre surgery size.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:44 pm

I had the same problem finding the release valve. Had them send me a sales sample of the pump/valve, it was very simple after that. Above the pump you can feel a convex side of the pump, the valve is on the opposite side. I put my thumb in the detente and use my middle finger to press the valve, works every time. Hope this helps.
DSCN1753.JPG
DSCN1753.JPG (159.89 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
DSCN1754.JPG
DSCN1754.JPG (157.22 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Return to “Implants”