infection after 2 years??

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: infection after 2 years??

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:21 am

When I was talking to the "Big 4", Dr Kramer and Dr Brock told me that bacteria will seek out the weakest area of the body and attack... if the implant was the last thing you had done, it would be the weakest area and vulnerable to a bacterial infection. After we get infections we MUST be very alert to the signs and symptoms for infection so it can be treated BEFORE it's too late. :)

Larry

newbie443

Re: infection after 2 years??

Postby newbie443 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:15 pm

I remember from my research before surgery that infection can happen any time after implant surgery. But that it is a low risk that is mostly seen with in the first year.

I have not been told to take antibiotics for dental work since I had implant surgery and I have had some dental work done. I was told to take them for dental work back in the 80's after I had surgery and 2 large staples in my left foot. Back then there was not the concern of doc's over prescribing antibiotic's that there is now how ever. I have not taken them for dental work in a long time. Seems to me it depends a lot on the doctor and the patient history.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”