UK Implant Diary

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
UK_Steve

Re: UK Implant Diary

Postby UK_Steve » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:34 am

Day 8
2 painkillers before sleep. Woke about 1am slight ache but can't sleep. Took sleeping pill slept until 8am! Doing little during the day means I'm not tired at night.
No problems walking in the garden now. No aches just slight burning sensation.
Recommend use of frozen wheat bag to control swelling. Easy to apply & refreeze.

Day 9
Took last of the antibiotic tablets today
Pain is more of a burning sensation which occurs when standing but eases with walking.
Drove for the first time since op for about 30 minutes. This is very uncomfortable & caused a long period of aching. Therefore I will not be driving down to London for my follow up appointment on Day 12. Rail travel it will be again!

Day 10
Slept much better last night as a result of trying not to sleep during the day!
Resisted taking any painkillers but needed one at midday after a longer walk in the garden.
Peeing is easier and flow better
Applying frozen wheat bag about 3 times per day for 20 minutes.
65 years old
Diagnosed with PC in August 2017 - Biopsy Gleason 4+5=9
Radical Prostatectomy 14/12/17 no nerves spared - PSA now undetectable. ED since op. Tried MUSE and injections without success.
Titan 22cm + 1cm - 25/03/19 by Mr Ralph in London UK

UK_Steve

Postby UK_Steve » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:35 am

Days 11 & 12 - Assessment

Wife & I travelled back to London from Wakefield by train for an assessment & to learn how to operate the pump. The journey down was slightly uncomfortable due to the burning sensation around the groin. Stayed in the excellent Holiday Inn at Watford Junction overnight & travelled via underground to Harley Street for my 10 o'clock appointment.

One of Mr Ralph's team answered a number of questions I had then deflated the implant, re-inflated it then deflated it again. I was then invited to have a go which I attempted with some trepidation! However with enough determination, effort & assistance I was able to carry out several pumps & releases while actually feeling the device refilling. Finding the valve to deflate was challenging but with a bit of guidance & persistence I managed to do it. After I was able to inflate & deflate successfully without help, the visit was over. I was recommended to repeat this in a weeks time when most of the remaining swelling should have gone. Surprisingly there was no pain during the cycling. This was probably due to being partially inflated since the operation. Now deflated, there is a lot less of the burning sensation. The visit lasted for 1 hour.
The train journey back to Wakefield was much more comfortable than the journey down now that I'm deflated.
65 years old
Radical Prostatectomy 14/12/17 no nerves spared - PSA now undetectable. ED since op. Tried MUSE and injections without success.

UK_Steve

Postby UK_Steve » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:36 am

Day 13
Attachments
Day 13.jpg
Day 13.jpg (57.16 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
65 years old

Geronimo

Postby Geronimo » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:20 am

Well done keep us updated please.
72 yo England, ED 2011, PD 2015, VED & hand massage, given me a big fatter penis, , love the old wild west stories. fav song, "A day in the life" - Beatles.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:29 pm

UK_Steve wrote:Day 13

Wow Steve,
That's some cut. Looks like mine which was 3 1/2" but horizontal. Thought maybe he'd found a zipper or was trying to make a coat. :lol: :o :roll: :oops: :cry: :lol:
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

UK_Steve

Postby UK_Steve » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi DougAnd
Mr Ralph prefers the vertical cut as it follows the natural line in the scrotum which hides the scar. At the moment the cut is covered in glue which allows me to shower while protecting from infection. However it's damn annoying when it catches on my pants!
65 years old

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:20 am

UK_Steve wrote:Day 8
2 painkillers before sleep. Woke about 1am slight ache but can't sleep. Took sleeping pill slept until 8am! Doing little during the day means I'm not tired at night.
No problems walking in the garden now. No aches just slight burning sensation.
Recommend use of frozen wheat bag to control swelling. Easy to apply & refreeze.

Day 9
Took last of the antibiotic tablets today
Pain is more of a burning sensation which occurs when standing but eases with walking.
Drove for the first time since op for about 30 minutes. This is very uncomfortable & caused a long period of aching. Therefore I will not be driving down to London for my follow up appointment on Day 12. Rail travel it will be again!

Day 10
Slept much better last night as a result of trying not to sleep during the day!
Resisted taking any painkillers but needed one at midday after a longer walk in the garden.
Peeing is easier and flow better
Applying frozen wheat bag about 3 times per day for 20 minutes.

Steve, I don't understand why you have pain killers and you are in pain but not using them. That's what they are for. As a member of the medical community (paramedic) I can tell you that pain causes other issues and pain also can tell you things about your healing process. Watch closely for fever (at or over 104). See a doctor immediately if you have pain and a temp. Take your pain killers... being in pain is not a smart thing to do. :)

Larry

UK_Steve

Postby UK_Steve » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:53 am

Hi Larry,
Thank you for the advice which is appreciated. The sensation is more like an ache or burning feeling. This only happens occasionally like when standing or sitting for example and eases very soon. I'm still taking painkillers (1 or 2 a day) like when I've been overdoing the walking or just before bed time. Just lying down is a great "pain" killer for me but I know I need to make an effort to move around (within limits!) to help the healing process.
65 years old

UK_Steve

Postby UK_Steve » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:58 am

Days 14 - 17 Summary

1. Sleeping:

Doing relatively nothing all day means I'm not really tired so sleeping is off & on . When sleeping on my side I find it more comfortable if I put a folded pillow between my legs .

2. Discomfort:

Most of my discomfort is occurring in the shaft of the penis. On closer inspection I believe that the fold from the implant (dog ear) at the base of the penis seems to be the culprit. More so on the right side. So on day 16 I sat in a hot bath (great recommendation guys!) and was able to pump up the implant just enough to straighten it out a bit. Much more comfortable now.

3. Exercise:

I try to walk for 20 minutes three times a day. The issue to date has always been whether to have the penis pointing up or down. Finally as recommended on FT (thanks again guys) I find the best compromise is wearing "Separatec Mens Modal Boxer Shorts" (bought from Amazon). I follow each walk with a 20 minute wrap of the frozen wheat bag around the scrotum. It's a bit of a shock applying it now that the feeling is coming back!

4. Tablets:

As required 1 or 2 ibuprofen per day
Occasional sleeping tablet
65 years old

Geronimo

Postby Geronimo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 am

Hi Steve, looking good my man, any chance of a update pic.
72 yo England, ED 2011, PD 2015, VED & hand massage, given me a big fatter penis, , love the old wild west stories. fav song, "A day in the life" - Beatles.

Return to “Implants”