Send home 100% deflated

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Youngmen

Send home 100% deflated

Postby Youngmen » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:13 am

I am 23 years old and got my 24 cm titan in March 21 in Kiel ( Germany). I have a lot of Pain. I get home 100% deflated. Is that normal? I read that some get home 50% inflated or more..
My activation is in 5 weeks.
1995, ED since birth due to venous leak. Pills worked but then get
peyronies. 24 cm Coloplast Titan with Dr Osmonov, germany on 2019/21/3

mr.skin

Re: Send home 100% deflated

Postby mr.skin » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:47 am

Seems unusual, but Osmonov is the best in Germany.

as I am your age and from Germany as well, would you be willing to talk about your experiences via pm ?

Wish you the best and fingers crossed.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:00 am

While I'm not in Germany and have the AMS LGX I was also sent home 100 deflated and won't activate until 6 weeks (if I can make it that long :D ) From what I can take from this site all doctors are different in their methods of how they send us home and in the timeline for activation. Some activate at 3 days while others are 6-7 weeks. I also think it sometimes depends on the individual and what other issues they might dealing with. Take Gruffhunter for example. He was sent home fully inflated for a few weeks then fully or partially deflated and wasn't cleared to pump till (I believe) 7 weeks. If you haven't read his recovery thread you need to. He was very detailed in his log of recovery. My recovery has had some similarities to his but also very different (I have a recovery thread here also).

As it stands now I'll be activated on 4/12.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:43 am

OMFG... This doctor is cruel. 5 or 6 weeks fully inflated.... ouch? :(

Larry

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:56 am

When i ever have to do this again, i am going to ask more questions about that inflation and deflation protocol. Just finishing up my full third week. First 2 weeks at 50 or so. At 2 week appt. Was defalted to about 25 percent but reslly cannot tell much difference. I was told things looked great, and i needed to fully deflate at week 4 and start cycling a couple times a day.

All i can say is i never had any real issues with surgery pain but this being semi erect for weeks is like having a migraine in my crotch. Glad i had about half my surgery pain meds left. Been halving them at night. Still just not able to do much moving around. Getting real bored with laying around house for sure.

In reading stories there is such a wide range of protocol it is really un believable that things are not more standardized as to inflation deflation policies after surgery. Like everyone else here i just have to have faith in the surgeons policy who did mine anx things work out with a good outcome.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:30 pm

SW0110 wrote:When i ever have to do this again, i am going to ask more questions about that inflation and deflation protocol. Just finishing up my full third week. First 2 weeks at 50 or so. At 2 week appt. Was defalted to about 25 percent but reslly cannot tell much difference. I was told things looked great, and i needed to fully deflate at week 4 and start cycling a couple times a day.

All i can say is i never had any real issues with surgery pain but this being semi erect for weeks is like having a migraine in my crotch. Glad i had about half my surgery pain meds left. Been halving them at night. Still just not able to do much moving around. Getting real bored with laying around house for sure.

In reading stories there is such a wide range of protocol it is really un believable that things are not more standardized as to inflation deflation policies after surgery. Like everyone else here i just have to have faith in the surgeons policy who did mine anx things work out with a good outcome.

Yea and, this is the first I have seen of your protocol... :(

Larry

Youngmen

Postby Youngmen » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:55 pm

I have a lot of Pain and I am in hospital because I got feaver..I hope no infection. Is feaver always a sign of infection..? I am really afraid.
1995, ED since birth due to venous leak. Pills worked but then get
peyronies. 24 cm Coloplast Titan with Dr Osmonov, germany on 2019/21/3

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:29 pm

This protocol really is a buggy thing. I ended up using a doc about 2.5 hours away from me. Initially i understood i was being kept about half inflated for 2 weeks then go back and get deflated. I assumed then i would start cycling. Not sure what changed at 2 week deflation he felt around and said pump was still a little high and there was still a lot of tissue swelling on top of deflate button. He deflated me to sbout 25 percent said things looked great and that he would not need to see me again. He said that i needed to find deflate button when it was comfortable but not critical to deflate rest of way until week 4 and start cycling then. If i had an issue to call but othrrwise no reason to make the 5 hour rt to see him again. Deflate button was sticky but should get better. Pump will be a hard to use for awhile but also should get better.

I should have had him write all this down. Still feel good about the surgery and as far ss operation it went great. My only issue has been finding deflate button and residual pain around it in scrotum.

In a hot tub i can finally feel the button but scrotum is still sore. I am just going to rely on his words and not worry about deflating completely or cycling for another few days. I still have a semi soft 5.5 pumped up do feel like i will get my pre op stretch of 6 back with the 19 cm total. I can feel a lot of loose cylinder and tips are a good halfway up into the glans. Just one more day.

Right now just not going to get in a hurry. Get into week 4 deflate and then start cycling. It does seem with all the different variations this surgery post implant should be a little more standardized.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:01 pm

Youngmen wrote:I have a lot of Pain and I am in hospital because I got feaver..I hope no infection. Is feaver always a sign of infection..? I am really afraid.

It is one of the infection signs, but not a guarantee. What does your doctor say?

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:55 pm

went home 80-90 % pumped for 4 weeks. Asked Dr why? He said that is what I needed, you will be enjoying it soon. Only thing I see in common with guys that were sent home pumped up 50% or more is we all had peyronies bends. Mine came out straight as an arrow.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”