Send home 100% deflated

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
andrew1959nj

Re: Send home 100% deflated

Postby andrew1959nj » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 pm

I'm have met with Dr Eid and Dr. Sadeghi. Both had been listed on Coloplast as Centers of Excellence. I'm having my implant done if all goes well in May. Both of them send patients home fully deflated. The logic being that they don't want the body to start creating scaring around a partially inflated reservoir which could contribute to occurrences of autoinflation latter on. They both recommend cycling at week two with some patients using their new manhood in week four.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

Bubba1956

Postby Bubba1956 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:22 pm

I too was sent home deflated. I agree you do not want a condition called " Pseudo- coffin effect" to arise. I am willing to show more . PM with email, I am willing to help you
I am 62 years old. Full blown Ed for 10 years. married for 18 years. my urologist dr. Kershen. Implanted October 15,2018. AMS 700 LGX 18cm length by 12 mm diameter I live in Coleman, Mi. USA : 8-) )

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:34 pm

Bubba1956 wrote:I too was sent home deflated. I agree you do not want a condition called " Pseudo- coffin effect" to arise. I am willing to show more . PM with email, I am willing to help you

The earliest mention of the Pseudo-coffin effect I have found was in reference to scar tissue forming around the implant, thus restricting the size which the implanted penis could achieve when inflating.

I never thought of applying the same term to the reservoir. But it is perfectly logical to be symmetrical in use of the term. And autoinflation due to encapsulation of the reservoir IS a concern.

I thought of a couple of ways to leave both the implant and the reservoir 100% (or nearly so) inflated for a time after surgery and allowing the excess saline to drain off (or be drained off in an office/outpatient procedure) a few days post-op. Probably not worth the extra trouble, though.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:56 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Bubba1956 wrote:I too was sent home deflated. I agree you do not want a condition called " Pseudo- coffin effect" to arise. I am willing to show more . PM with email, I am willing to help you

The earliest mention of the Pseudo-coffin effect I have found was in reference to scar tissue forming around the implant, thus restricting the size which the implanted penis could achieve when inflating.

I never thought of applying the same term to the reservoir. But it is perfectly logical to be symmetrical in use of the term. And autoinflation due to encapsulation of the reservoir IS a concern.

I thought of a couple of ways to leave both the implant and the reservoir 100% (or nearly so) inflated for a time after surgery and allowing the excess saline to drain off (or be drained off in an office/outpatient procedure) a few days post-op. Probably not worth the extra trouble, though.

And yet, dg _moore did NOTHING with his and everything is just peachy keen :)

Larry

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:07 pm

Will keep you in my thoughts and hope fever is not indicative of infection. 3 weeks here and still paranoid of that. Daily inspections looking for any redness or soreness not there yesterday.

Let us know how hospital stay is going.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:25 pm

I was sent home deflated, stayed that way for 6 weeks, with no problem. I have my full pre-implant length after 8 months with daily inflation after given green light.
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Return to “Implants”