Go home deflated

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
andrew1959nj

Go home deflated

Postby andrew1959nj » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:29 am

I just had my Video consult with Dr. Eid. I like his 3 priorities, low infection, restore to full size and commitment to making everything look natural.

The one thing that surprised me is that he wants to send me home deflated with cycling to start 3 days post op. His logic is that the body builds scar tissue around the reservoir quickly and if it isn't fully inflated from the start, it can lead to auto-inflation. Whereas cycling early on will prevent shrink in penis size.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

Lost Sheep

Re: Go home deflated

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:44 am

Makes sense. You can forcibly inflate the implant and doing so at 3 days is early enough that scar tissue would not be too much of a problem to break up/expand.

The reservoir cannot be forcibly inflated after the surgeon closes you up. So, scar tissue that forms in those first few days is likely to be there forever.

There are studies (published in peer-reviewed medical journals) indicating that early activation is advantageous. Problematic if one waits too long because it hurts to do it. But Dr. Eid has perfected a surgical technique that, while it takes an extraordinarily length of time in the operating room and a high degree of practiced skill, makes the post-op recovery much easier on the patient. For example, he takes a GREAT deal of care to nearly eliminate bleeders in the wound area and minimizes bruising. This helps patient comfort post-op and thus allows that early cycling that is problematic for patients of less assiduous surgeons.

I am not saying Dr. Eid is a super-God in the surgical suite. He just works very hard at it. I have never met Dr. Eid, but corresponded with him before my surgery. He impressed me greatly.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:10 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Makes sense. You can forcibly inflate the implant and doing so at 3 days is early enough that scar tissue would not be too much of a problem to break up/expand.

The reservoir cannot be forcibly inflated after the surgeon closes you up. So, scar tissue that forms in those first few days is likely to be there forever.

There are studies (published in peer-reviewed medical journals) indicating that early activation is advantageous. Problematic if one waits too long because it hurts to do it. But Dr. Eid has perfected a surgical technique that, while it takes an extraordinarily length of time in the operating room and a high degree of practiced skill, makes the post-op recovery much easier on the patient. For example, he takes a GREAT deal of care to nearly eliminate bleeders in the wound area and minimizes bruising. This helps patient comfort post-op and thus allows that early cycling that is problematic for patients of less assiduous surgeons.

I am not saying Dr. Eid is a super-God in the surgical suite. He just works very hard at it. I have never met Dr. Eid, but corresponded with him before my surgery. He impressed me greatly.

The one thing that I have noticed is that Dr. Eid tells his patients that they can start to cycle on day 3 but few patients actually do. I read far more often then not people post that they had their follow up appointment and it went well... Dr, says I can start cycling but I am still really sore and/or swollen so I think I'll wait for a bit. :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:29 pm

In July, 2016 I found this article. I recommend anyone interested in this subject to read the full article thoroughly.

Most interesting is the high dropout rate (and the reason for it).

I also wonder how much pre-op stretching by application of a Vacuum Erection Device (V.E.D) would have reduced the dropout rate or increased the effectiveness of early activation. (Dr. Eid, the last time he expressed an opinion to ME, in late 2017 did not recommend for or against pre-op V.E.D. therapy.)

Other studies have been done, experiencing a similar dropout problem. I guess it depends heavily on how much you want it and what you will endure to get it.

Pre-op prep as well as post-op treatment are both important, in my opinion.

This article refers to the differences that early activation (EA) vs no early activation (NEA) of the inflatable prosthesis
Title" Pseudo-capsule “coffin” effect: How to prevent penile retraction after implant of three-piece inflatable prosthesis
Authors: Enrico Caraceni, Lilia Utizi, Giovanni Angelozzi; Department of Urology, Civitanova Marche Hospital, Italy.
Short Summary: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25017596
Longer summary: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25017596
with this sentence: "The result is a penis bigger in flaccid state but smaller in erect phase, when early activation is not performed"
Full article: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... prosthesis

This article was obviously translated from the original Italian, so there may be some grammar issues to overlook.

And this thread might be of interest: "Over what timespan does Scar Tissue form post-op? (And can it be reversed)?"
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11379&p=97430
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Almost 3 weeks here. Spent first 2 weeks about 50 to 60 percent inflated. At 2 weeks was deflated to about 25 percent or so. Was told all was good and when i could get to deflate button i could push and deflate. Planned on doing so but not yet still am semi erect.

Issue is the pain still in the scrotum on that button. It is a bit sticky as well. I have had no real issues since surgery. Pain was really manageable but would never have been able to push that button in the first week. Still not able to without breaking out in a cold sweat. I was told it would be fine being semi inflated until the fourth week. Then i had to get fully deflated and start inflating twice a day.

I Keep taking hot baths and massaging scrotum. One day soon will just take a deep breath wrap my left hand around penis and push button with my right hand and hope i donot pass out in the tub and drown myself. One thing is button is easily identifiable now. Before past couple of days i would have had to just guess and hope i was close.

Not looking forward to cycling but will be glad to get rid of this erection.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:45 pm

I went home 80-90% inflated. Stayed that way for 4 weeks. It was a very painful healing. Pain same as you get when cycling to max pump, but it was continuous. No scar tissue around reservoir that I know of. No auto inflation.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:16 am

oldbeek wrote:I went home 80-90% inflated. Stayed that way for 4 weeks. It was a very painful healing. Pain same as you get when cycling to max pump, but it was continuous. No scar tissue around reservoir that I know of. No auto inflation.

The same for me... 80% inflated after surgery for 20 days.
Not problem with reservoir, scar tissue or autoinflation..
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:52 am

maxxxxx wrote:
oldbeek wrote:I went home 80-90% inflated. Stayed that way for 4 weeks. It was a very painful healing. Pain same as you get when cycling to max pump, but it was continuous. No scar tissue around reservoir that I know of. No auto inflation.

The same for me... 80% inflated after surgery for 20 days.
Not problem with reservoir, scar tissue or autoinflation..

Oh buddy, I get it... you had no problems but a rock hard erection for 20 days... especially with that gigantic trouser python you have..... oh my god, the paid must have been awful. :(

Larry

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Larry10625 wrote:

The one thing that I have noticed is that Dr. Eid tells his patients that they can start to cycle on day 3 but few patients actually do. I read far more often then not people post that they had their follow up appointment and it went well... Dr, says I can start cycling but I am still really sore and/or swollen so I think I'll wait for a bit. :)

Larry[/quote]
My boys have always been way to sensitive and crowded, but with T therapy they now have more room for a cousin. Given how phobic I am of pain, squeezing my sac just three days post opp seem overly aggressive. However, after 10 years of virtually no use, the prospect of having a working, cock with predictable results and several waiting kitty's that want to test drive it, is a very strong motivator.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 pm

Thanks for the replies. I was ready to use another fine Dr right across the Hudson who uses many of Dr. Eid's techniques. But insurance willing, going with Dr. Eid. After looking at his portfolio of post op pics, some of the partially deflated cocks look a lot firmer than anything that I have had to work with 95% time in the last decade! Thank GOD I work at home now. How do you wear a suite a big woody? LOL

Return to “Implants”