first urologist visit

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
trlewis35

first urologist visit

Postby trlewis35 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:45 am

I started my implant journey yesterday. My wife and I visited a local uro mostly for advise on what route to take. This dr. no longer does implant surgery but he thinks I'm a good candidate having been type I diabetic so long and in reasonable shape. He knows Dr. Lentz at Duke and thinks he can get me in to see him. I'm excited to start this journey. Thanks to all of you that have helped me start this trip by posting your stories.
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

Larry10625

Re: first urologist visit

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:20 am

trlewis35 wrote:I started my implant journey yesterday. My wife and I visited a local uro mostly for advise on what route to take. This dr. no longer does implant surgery but he thinks I'm a good candidate having been type I diabetic so long and in reasonable shape. He knows Dr. Lentz at Duke and thinks he can get me in to see him. I'm excited to start this journey. Thanks to all of you that have helped me start this trip by posting your stories.

Best wishes to you and your wife. If you have questions or just need to talk, my e-door is always open. I prefer a phone conversation but will do it this way if I have to. I have a long distance phone plan in case you do not. If you want to talk, PM me your number and a good time to call. :)

Larry

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:31 pm

Triewis , good luck just 3 weeks out from mine and 3 more to go till we take if for a test drive. Now adjusting to have a dick that is a shower and not a grower. Letting the swelling go down and not looking back on my decision.
Bumble
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Being a "shower" is a beautiful thing about an implant! Before my implant, I was less then an inch most of the time flaccid, now I'm 3.5 - 4" all the time, flaccid, and I did not lose any length at 8 months out, LOVE IT!!!
Congrats on your implant, it only gets better from here.
Andy
DSCN1739.JPG
DSCN1739.JPG (190.01 KiB) Viewed 1771 times
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:04 am

Bumble wrote:Triewis , good luck just 3 weeks out from mine and 3 more to go till we take if for a test drive. Now adjusting to have a dick that is a shower and not a grower. Letting the swelling go down and not looking back on my decision.
Bumble

Bumble;
Best wishes to you and your wife as well. Like I said to Triewis, if you have questions or just need to talk, my e-door is always open. I prefer a phone conversation but will do it this way if I have to. I have a long distance phone plan in case you do not. If you want to talk, PM me your number and a good time to call. :)

Larry

MovingOn5

Postby MovingOn5 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 pm

I have an appointment with Dr. Lentz too. It is scheduled for second week of April. I will let you know how my visit goes and perhaps we can compare notes. I am ready to take the plunge, I just need to find the right surgeon for my penis, LOL.
Have you scheduled your appointment with Dr. Lentz yet?

I also have a meeting with a second urologist later in week for additional input.

Keith
Titan Implant 4/27/19, previous Nesbit surgery 2015 to correct 90 degree bend.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Triewis35...well done!! Taking your wife along to appointments will pay huge dividends in the long term. She needs to be an active part of your cheering section along with us on FT! Ensure that your selected surgeon is on YOUR side and is recommending the most natural looking product for you AND listening to your questions in order to please you both post-op! This irreversible procedure is all about YOU and not the surgeon! He or she should be interested totally in your situation and medical history in order to offer the best solution to your ED issues for the long term. DO NOT let the surgeon push you to AMS or Coloplast just because they have a cozy relationship with a local rep!! He/ she should want to install the most natural looking product that replicates YOUR natural erection AND maintain the length and girth you already have (unless you want more?). Don't let them tell you that you should expect to lose lots of inches after surgery. WHY? They don't want to measure correctly? They think they know better than what the real you is capable of achieving in inches? Did they test you to see what you could produce naturally? Why not? They think you don't deserve to be the biggest you can be based upon your God-given physical anatomy?

Don't let THEIR philosophy get in the way of YOUR BEST OUTCOME!!

I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself but I speak from experience! This is YOUR day and the rest of your lives as a couple! That's the only thing that matters. PERIOD! I don't believe anyone on FT would disagree. We all have our own stories to tell, our own reasons for ED (some longer and more debilitating than others). However, we're all in the battle to become winners of our own way forward. Don't let the surgeon short you on what belongs to you and your wife.

I'll put my soapbox away and wish you the absolute BEST down the road. Prayers and honest questions wins the day!

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:44 am

Thanks Larry!

Movingon, I haven't heard from the dr I saw Monday or Dr. Lentz yet but I'll let you know when I get scheduled.

Navy, my wife is very supportive of the implant, I thing she is looking forward to a nice hard one again :D and I want her involved.

Thanks to every member on ft!
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:04 am

Bumble wrote:Triewis , good luck just 3 weeks out from mine and 3 more to go till we take if for a test drive. Now adjusting to have a dick that is a shower and not a grower. Letting the swelling go down and not looking back on my decision.
Bumble

You guys will just love losing your implant virginity.. Best wishes to the both of you. :)

Larry

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:31 pm

I got a call from Dr. Lentz office at Duke and have an appointment to see him on the 7th of May.
Thanks to all,
Tom

Return to “Implants”