Billing surprise

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: Billing surprise

Postby DougAnd » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:28 am

Larry10625 wrote:
tomas1 wrote:That's a very good idea. I hope they don't bill the full $3K and it's rejected, but I guess I still have the bill to fall back on?
I dunno, it will probably end up the same way.

Are you guys telling me that while you are asleep, people can just come in to the OR and work on you and then bill you for it whether you knew and agreed or not?? :oops:

Larry

It's worse than that. Fl has a must reveal costs upfront law. But apparently the medical field is exempt. It was that by law waiving your right made no difference. I'm sure that has changed. But yes you can be examined by the Doc who has 2 or 3 others just watching from the door and they will bill you too. Very common practice.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:16 pm

DougAnd wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
tomas1 wrote:That's a very good idea. I hope they don't bill the full $3K and it's rejected, but I guess I still have the bill to fall back on?
I dunno, it will probably end up the same way.

Are you guys telling me that while you are asleep, people can just come in to the OR and work on you and then bill you for it whether you knew and agreed or not?? :oops:

Larry

It's worse than that. Fl has a must reveal costs upfront law. But apparently the medical field is exempt. It was that by law waiving your right made no difference. I'm sure that has changed. But yes you can be examined by the Doc who has 2 or 3 others just watching from the door and they will bill you too. Very common practice.

I would just refuse to pay it... what can they do, repossess your implant :D

Larry

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:44 pm

I've decided to bite the bullet and go back to my uro. I was going to ditch him and let my GP handle my testosterone and monitor my PSA and prostate. The last time I went to him I got a very overzealous, and quite abrasive nurse practitioner instead of my doc whom I liked.

I was going to just request I only see my GP and actually made an appointment with him in 6 months.
Several days ago, I got a call from them that Melissa was concerned about my T level and wanted me to come back.
I called and said I'm seeing my uro in a week and would like to show him my labs and have him handle it. They said OK.

I take my wife in tomorrow to see my former GP who wouldn't let me self administer T unless I paid $80 for a month's supply and refused to let me get my own for $60 for 6 month's worth. To top it off, the $80 was only if I paid cash; not use debit or credit cards. I guess that's how they fund their Xmas parties? Otherwise it was $90.

I plan to bite the bullet and ask if I can come back to him but obviously not for T.

My present GP is obviously getting too big to handle the likes of me and palms me off on a turd. He's a team doc for the Phoenix Suns and I guess I don't count.

On a side note, my implant is working all right, but I don't like its kinks. I hope they'll go away.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”