Rods In My Back Not An Issue

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DaveKell

Rods In My Back Not An Issue

Postby DaveKell » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:42 pm

You may recall I was out of commission for several weeks following a 9 level spinal fusion with rods and screws hardware. This was the result of an accident that wasn't my fault I'm on my way to being well financially compensated for. Since the bottom of the rods below my lumbar spine are anchored into my hip bones, I was getting frantic about flexibility for sex.For example, I require a rope handled tool to put my socks on since my back doesn't bend far enough forward to do it, and I've had to switch to slip on athletic shoes and my western boots. I couldn't take the suspense anymore and had to see what I was up against. As it turns out, I do indeed have enough flexibility for missionary position sex. My favorite, with my wife on all fours and me standing behind her at the edge of the bed is no problem whatsoever. Looks like I dodged a bullet there.

On another note, the way my surgeon mounted the rods along my spine with what he called "opposing force", has left me with a constant feeling of pulling pressure along my spine and worse pressure in my extreme lower back where it feels like the top of my hips are trying to push out of my body. A mega discomfort on steroids!The neurosurgeon said it's a sensation I'm going to have to become accustomed to. I spoke with someone on a spinal fusion support group with the exact same fused vertebrae I have, anchored in the hips, who told me it took them a full two years to get to the point of not noticing the pressure anymore. The bothersome thing is I walk like John Wayne in most of his movies where he has something of a lumbering limp. Having had 18 prior major surgeries on my intestines, I've become adept at accommodating unnatural sensations. This will be no different.

I remind myself there are thousands of veterans with war wounds who'd gladly trade places with me so I'm putting forth a valiant effort to stop complaining about it. Just today I shipped off a one of a kind acoustic guitar I inherited from a wealthy friend who commissioned the build of the guitar. I sent it to one of the most reputable guitar restoration experts in the country since the guitar was heavily damaged in the car wreck. He should finish it up around the time I receive the settlement and I'll hopefully once again have the finest sounding guitar at my weekly jam. It's going to bear some visible scars, but so do I, an 18 inch long one up the center of my back. It will be a survivor just like I am. No amount of money will ever make up for the condition I'm left in but I'm incredibly thankful me sexual capability was not taken from me.

https://soundcloud.com/user-566557345/teh-rear-view. Here's a song I wrote about the pain from the surgery. It's possibly a first to ever be written about surgical pain. Everybody who hears it thinks it's a bitter breakup song but it's actually about my pain!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Larry10625

Re: Rods In My Back Not An Issue

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:49 pm

DaveKell wrote:You may recall I was out of commission for several weeks following a 9 level spinal fusion with rods and screws hardware. This was the result of an accident that wasn't my fault I'm on my way to being well financially compensated for. Since the bottom of the rods below my lumbar spine are anchored into my hip bones, I was getting frantic about flexibility for sex.For example, I require a rope handled tool to put my socks on since my back doesn't bend far enough forward to do it, and I've had to switch to slip on athletic shoes and my western boots. I couldn't take the suspense anymore and had to see what I was up against. As it turns out, I do indeed have enough flexibility for missionary position sex. My favorite, with my wife on all fours and me standing behind her at the edge of the bed is no problem whatsoever. Looks like I dodged a bullet there.

On another note, the way my surgeon mounted the rods along my spine with what he called "opposing force", has left me with a constant feeling of pulling pressure along my spine and worse pressure in my extreme lower back where it feels like the top of my hips are trying to push out of my body. A mega discomfort on steroids!The neurosurgeon said it's a sensation I'm going to have to become accustomed to. I spoke with someone on a spinal fusion support group with the exact same fused vertebrae I have, anchored in the hips, who told me it took them a full two years to get to the point of not noticing the pressure anymore. The bothersome thing is I walk like John Wayne in most of his movies where he has something of a lumbering limp. Having had 18 prior major surgeries on my intestines, I've become adept at accommodating unnatural sensations. This will be no different.

I remind myself there are thousands of veterans with war wounds who'd gladly trade places with me so I'm putting forth a valiant effort to stop complaining about it. Just today I shipped off a one of a kind acoustic guitar I inherited from a wealthy friend who commissioned the build of the guitar. I sent it to one of the most reputable guitar restoration experts in the country since the guitar was heavily damaged in the car wreck. He should finish it up around the time I receive the settlement and I'll hopefully once again have the finest sounding guitar at my weekly jam. It's going to bear some visible scars, but so do I, an 18 inch long one up the center of my back. It will be a survivor just like I am. No amount of money will ever make up for the condition I'm left in but I'm incredibly thankful me sexual capability was not taken from me.

https://soundcloud.com/user-566557345/teh-rear-view. Here's a song I wrote about the pain from the surgery. It's possibly a first to ever be written about surgical pain. Everybody who hears it thinks it's a bitter breakup song but it's actually about my pain!

Oh my god Dave, you poor guy. I really hope things start to look up for you. Keep collecting $$$$$ it doesn't sound like you could ever be properly compensated. Did you use one of those TV lawyers?? :)

Larry

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:02 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Dave represented himself.
If anyone ever deserved to get at least partially compensated for his suffering he is.

Hope the recovery keeps progressing well.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:04 pm

tomas1 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Dave represented himself.
If anyone ever deserved to get at least partially compensated for his suffering he is.

Hope the recovery keeps progressing well.

Absolutely.. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:06 am

Hang in there Dave the pnut gallery is routing for you!
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”