Pre-surgical Testing approved and ready for Dr. Kramer

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dogface

Pre-surgical Testing approved and ready for Dr. Kramer

Postby Dogface » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:46 am

EKG turned out fine but doctor said I'm a little too fat. Lift weights all the time and have higher than average BMI of 30. Meeting with Dr. Kramer on 4/17/19. Getting very nervous but determined to see this thing through. I'll let the doctor decide on my implant type. Been reading on forum about CX vs. LGX (I think) I have no clue which is right for me. I have extreme shrinkage since RP surgery. The damn thing is a shy turtle indeed. It's embarrassing having an examine. Surgery on a Wednesday and decided to stay until Friday due to advice from my FT bionic friends. May rent a car with a reclining passenger seat which will help on the return trip. (6 hours)

Thanks all for your support to each other and noobs like me.
RP surgery for PCa March 2011, rising PSA 2013, remission since 2014. Chronic ED since 2011 tried pills, VED, and injections. Implanted LGX 4/17/19 Dr. Kramer. On scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8. That's due to a slight curve.

roksolid

Re: Pre-surgical Testing approved and ready for Dr. Kramer

Postby roksolid » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:24 am

Good luck to you. I have surgery that week also (non-urological).

My only piece of advice is to take the painkillers 20 minutes before you get in the car, or that 6 hour ride is one you'll never forget.

rok
The Rok is now solid! Implanted 8/14/18. AMS700CX (21+1)

"That magic in your pants is making me blush!" --Kesha

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:16 pm

Dogface wrote:EKG turned out fine but doctor said I'm a little too fat. Lift weights all the time and have higher than average BMI of 30. Meeting with Dr. Kramer on 4/17/19. Getting very nervous but determined to see this thing through. I'll let the doctor decide on my implant type. Been reading on forum about CX vs. LGX (I think) I have no clue which is right for me. I have extreme shrinkage since RP surgery. The damn thing is a shy turtle indeed. It's embarrassing having an examine. Surgery on a Wednesday and decided to stay until Friday due to advice from my FT bionic friends. May rent a car with a reclining passenger seat which will help on the return trip. (6 hours)

Dr. Kramer likes the LGX. As for your turtle, before you go under, say good bye to it, when you wake up you will never see it again. Happy Toy and I can attest to the fact that when we went into the OR we were embarrassed to pull our pants down... when we came out, we couldn't keep them up. :D

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Dogface wrote:May rent a car with a reclining passenger seat which will help on the return trip. (6 hours)

Good luck. You are in good hands.

For transportation,

Motor home with a bed near the front so you can still talk to your driver would be ideal, but a one-way rental would be pricey and round-trip might have to include the idle days in the cost (unless you can find one in Baltimore that needs to be returned to your local area, in which case you might get it cheap!).

Alternative to a car with reclining passenger seat would be a full-size car wherein you could lay down comfortably in the back seat. Or an SUV.

Best might be a full-size van or a mini-van, take the middle seat out and put in a futon alongside an ice chest.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:58 pm

I just finished my booking for my June 19th surgery with Dr Kramer. We decided to fly in got a great price will spend 3 nights in the hotel stayed an extra day after surgery in case they keep me over night and got a great deal on a car rental one way one day 15 hours to Fl. With my surgery scheduled at 6:15 AM I could have driven home the same day and saved $100.00 but oh well the extra days rest will probably be better for me. Counting down the days. Right now at night I sleep with 5 to 7 pumps however many I need to just straighten out the implant. Too little and it bends creating pressure against my skin and too much same problem. So Mama Bear is just right (and safe)
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

roksolid

Postby roksolid » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:04 am

Larry10625 wrote:Dr. Kramer likes the LGX. As for your turtle, before you go under, say good bye to it, when you wake up you will never see it again. Happy Toy and I can attest to the fact that when we went into the OR we were embarrassed to pull our pants down... when we came out, we couldn't keep them up. :D

Larry

Never in my life would I ever think I would regard pants as a social inconvenience. :P
The Rok is now solid! Implanted 8/14/18. AMS700CX (21+1)

"That magic in your pants is making me blush!" --Kesha

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:29 pm

Dogface wrote:EKG turned out fine but doctor said I'm a little too fat. Lift weights all the time and have higher than average BMI of 30. Meeting with Dr. Kramer on 4/17/19. Getting very nervous but determined to see this thing through. I'll let the doctor decide on my implant type. Been reading on forum about CX vs. LGX (I think) I have no clue which is right for me. I have extreme shrinkage since RP surgery. The damn thing is a shy turtle indeed. It's embarrassing having an examine. Surgery on a Wednesday and decided to stay until Friday due to advice from my FT bionic friends. May rent a car with a reclining passenger seat which will help on the return trip. (6 hours)

Dogface,
If you've lost an inch or two from your RP consider the LGX. It's the only one that given time will keep stretching you back out. Up to 7 tenths of an inch per year. Expect 4 tenths at least if you cycle daily. With the CX what you have the day of surgery will be it. If that's ok then go for it otherwise I'd choose the LGX no question.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:33 am

roksolid wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:Dr. Kramer likes the LGX. As for your turtle, before you go under, say good bye to it, when you wake up you will never see it again. Happy Toy and I can attest to the fact that when we went into the OR we were embarrassed to pull our pants down... when we came out, we couldn't keep them up. :D

Larry

Never in my life would I ever think I would regard pants as a social inconvenience. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:07 am

Travel not bad at all for me. From Winston Salem, NC and traveled on Saturday after Dr. Kramer and had zero problems. Used two ice bags for swelling, Wed-Sat morning with Motrin only. Once catheter out no problem moving around, just move slow.

Went back 30 days later for inflate and found I still internal swelling so wanted a little longer. Many guys here inflate much sooner but I was very careful so I didn't screw things up. Glad I did due to internal swelling as that would have hurt to try. Once I go the go ahead I pumped everyday and sometime would get a burn like lifting weights as I stretched out to where it was and moving scar tissue. During surgery he found scar tissue in the lower left section that required more work.

Will send you video of surgery if you want and the guys here will try to answer all your questions. Photo is very first inflate and this is what you will have from Dr. Kramer.
Attachments
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg (24.31 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Dogface

Postby Dogface » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:11 am

DougAnd, sounds like good advice on the LGX. I'm 65 years old in good shape but have no need for a large lump in my pants while walking around (LOL). Dirtman send me a link to your video and I'll listen to Dr. Kramer's comments. I'm a tad bit squeamish when it comes to watching the operation. BTW what size implant did Dr. Kramer use Dirtman? Any loss in size when you were fully functional? I'd would be happy with a 5" erection. Would probably motivate me to lose a little belly fat for better access and control.
RP surgery for PCa March 2011, rising PSA 2013, remission since 2014. Chronic ED since 2011 tried pills, VED, and injections. Implanted LGX 4/17/19 Dr. Kramer. On scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8. That's due to a slight curve.

Return to “Implants”