Loss of length reality

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Loss of length reality

Postby DougAnd » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:12 am

This is worth repeating again and again.
Many guys who read this forum are having soft erections struggling with pills injections VED masturbation anything to get hard. If this sounds like you one thing is certain, your penis is slowly shrinking. My softies began in my early 20's. By 35 soft erections at night had cost me about an inch. Maybe less. When your nocturnal erections completely stop, Red flag :oops: . I lost about 5/8 of an inch in about 2 years of impotence. :o From what I understand this is pretty typical.
An implant is the only thing that can permanently stop your shrinkage. Don't wait until you have a clitoris before you get an implant. Your implant will never give you a longer cock than what you present to your implant surgeon. Exceptions are extremely rare. In fact it is very likely that you will lose a little more because of your implant. One brother posted a study showing an average loss of about 3/4 cm or a little more than 1/4" loss. That study is pretty typical. If you are doc locked by insurance you can expect to have that result. But you can't see it or feel it wouldn't even notice it unless you pulled a tape so don't wait and lose an inch trying to decide on potentially giving up 1/4.
A favorite excuse for shrinker Docs is to tell you after the fact that your perceived loss was from ED before your implant. These guys don't both to have you measure in advance so what can you say? In the building industry for certain things we had the 1/4" golden rule had to be within that tolerance because most customers cannot see that variance. I have to believe that the vast majority of patients who complain about loss of length after implant must have shrunk more than 1/4" otherwise they would not have noticed. I also have to believe that you know how long your dick is without pulling a tape on it.
Example: After 2 years + of total impotence nothing even close to firm ever no way no how I started use Vacuum therapy. The very first time I just stared into the acrylic cylinder admiring my first really nice erection in years. But something looked off. Now mind you I had not seen my erection for at least two years but it didn't look quite right had no clue what the problem was but it looked well short. So I marked the tube deflated and pulled a tape. It was 5/8" too short. Must have done something wrong my vacuum kit came with zero instructions I was going by general rules from the net. Carefully followed those and inflated again. Waited for minutes. No change. That is when I googled ED and shrinkage and flipped out. I had always believed that what you were born with you died with and that a nice erection would immediately restore everything kind of like fully re inflating a balloon. WRONG According to the article you either use it or you lose it. And I had lost it big time. Don't repeat my mistake. Get an implant sooner rather than later. Or be prepared to always squat when you pee.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Re: Loss of length reality

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:13 pm

Dougand, wise counsel, indeed.

Restoring recently lost size and elasticity is possible according to this article. And obviously, preserving qualities is an advantage.

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

I note that inside the vacuum tube, my penis was about an inch longer than it was with a natural erection. The vacuum gets more than my blood pressure could give me (and may have boosted length by drawing my internal tissues forward a bit).

This article may be of value to FrankTalk members awaiting implant as well.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24506138
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”