Second Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Riverdog5043

Second Implant

Postby Riverdog5043 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:09 pm

Greetings all. In the first week of December 2017 I had an implant installed and before the start of the new year, it was removed due to an infection. Now over a year out I will be meeting with another surgeon to discuss the possibility of second implant. I have been completing vacuum therapy for 15 minutes a day, everyday, for the past 6 months and have seen a slight improvement in my peyronies.

No guarantees the doc will give the green light on a second implant as it all hinges on the doppler exam coming up in May. If all goes well, it will be performed at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FLA. Anyone have an implant installed there? How was your experience? So far I have received nothing less than excellent care at there.

Any advice / experiences from anyone who has had a defective implant removed and replaced? After my prostate was removed in May 2015 I noticed a decrease in length and when the implant was removed, I noticed length as well as girth had diminished. Will I lose more length & girth?

Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

Lost Sheep

Re: Second Implant

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Riverdog5043 wrote:Greetings all. In the first week of December 2017 I had an implant installed and before the start of the new year, it was removed due to an infection. Now over a year out I will be meeting with another surgeon to discuss the possibility of second implant. I have been completing vacuum therapy for 15 minutes a day, everyday, for the past 6 months and have seen a slight improvement in my peyronies.

No guarantees the doc will give the green light on a second implant as it all hinges on the doppler exam coming up in May. If all goes well, it will be performed at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FLA. Anyone have an implant installed there? How was your experience? So far I have received nothing less than excellent care at there.

Any advice / experiences from anyone who has had a defective implant removed and replaced? After my prostate was removed in May 2015 I noticed a decrease in length and when the implant was removed, I noticed length as well as girth had diminished. Will I lose more length & girth?

Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

I did vacuum therapy 30 minutes twice a day. The intermittent vacuum-release worked well, but with Peyronies' a longer time spent erect, with "modeling" might be better for you. (NOTE: I am NOT in any way a medical professional.)

Doppler exam? What are they looking for? You had an implant before and that pretty much guarantees no erections without an implant. Is the exam just an insurance company "check-box" requirement or is there something medically important?

I will leave comments about size changes after a revision due to infection to men with actual experience with that. But aggressive vacuum therapy (but be careful not to be TOO aggressive lest you damage yourself!) can help with elasticity and recovery of shrinkage if it has not been too long. The Tunica is not an elastic tissue, but it is living tissue and there is some evidence that increase in size can occur over time (measured in months or years rather than weeks, but still...)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Riverdog5043

Postby Riverdog5043 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Thank you for the response. The doctor said the doppler was to check if the vacuum therapy had broken up any of the scar tissue which was left behind from the failed infected implant . The implant was put in and removed at Tampa General. I would not recommend them. I was promised one doctor was going to perform the surgery however another showed up on the day of the surgery. Lack of preparation caused a delay and rescheduling. After it was installed the reservoir slipped from the location they placed it and I had to have a CAT scan to locate it. I was in constant pain from day one until day 28 when it was removed and determined to be infected. They originally told me it was defective however change the status to infection and thru never explained why Except to say for “insurance purposes” I left and never went back there again

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:07 pm

Here are papers describing the two protocols I used. The first one because I found it first. It also allowed me to "ease up" or "sneak up" on maximum safe vacuum. The latter made more sense for the oxygenation factor. So, I used both.

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24506138
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:38 pm

I am no way an expert or even good advice but I can tell you that using VED I regained about 1 5/8" in about 60 days. If you are not working use it 3 times a day. My goal was a quick stretch and release. So multiple times quickly. I put marks at 1/4" on the acrylic cylinder. The goal is to track your advances. If you slow down miss a day you lose gains. If you can hold length for 2 weeks it is yours. The more often you can stretch daily or in the middle of the night the easier and faster you will grow. Good luck but be careful about skin damage. Stretching your scarring might thin your tissue. Shorter might be safer.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Riverdog5043

Postby Riverdog5043 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:39 am

Thank you for the input, greatly appreciated:

Return to “Implants”