My IPP with Dr Eid, Spring 2019...is OFF! Insurance bust!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Re: My IPP with Dr Eid, Spring 2019...is OFF! Insurance bust!

Postby alibaba » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:45 pm

We have to admit we are lucky to have good 1st and 2nd choices. Damn it all if we had to work our way down to number 12 on the list! Eid was also my first choice. No disrespecting of Doctor Kramer but I am glad I had the experience of going to Baltimore and meeting the fine people there. It is always a memorable experience to be among nice people. Even riding the commuter train was an enjoyable visit experience. Cheers to men striving to be boys again.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

505AbqNM

Postby 505AbqNM » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:06 pm

DougAnd,

Since my surgery is scheduled for May 1, maybe a brief journal might be useful (in a new topic, of course). I will be staying at the Days Inn near UMMC so I am anxious to report on it since Alibaba stayed at the Holiday Inn, I believe, but thought the Days Inn looked nicer and wished he had stayed there. I will be flying out on post-op day 3.
BTW, I received official confirmation in the mail yesterday that Dr Eid, though 'contracted PPO', is not In Network for my specific PPO plan (what's in a name, right?) and my PPO (really EPO?) pays nothing toward Out of Network physicians. Dr Eid's office still feels I would be covered since they are contracted PPO but that is not what is relevant. So glad I caught this one in time! Patient beware!?!
Married, age:67, work fulltime, Type2 diabetic, worsening ED since 2012, all meds ineffective by 2019. Bionic on May 1, 2019 by Dr Andrew Kramer. Titan XL, standard pump, 24cm + 1RTE, best TriMix sizes realized, G~6", L~7.5”, pump revision Nov 2019

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:33 pm

tomas1 wrote:Good luck, I actually had a good result elsewhere, but not as good as I'd have liked.

My wife said I wasn't hard enough this morning and I had to explain it was because of the goddam 3.5cm RTE.
Obviously hard enough, but not enough beam strength.
I'm surprised more guys with long RTEs don't complain about them.

Make sure you eat some steamed crabs while there.

Hard enough or stable enough?

It was my understanding that fully pumped up, an implanted penis does not bend. That is, the shaft is rigid and hard. But also extension (by RTEs - rear tip extenders) moves the junction between the hard plastic rear tip and the inflatable portion of the implant forward, thus producing the "hinge effect" reducing the stability of the penis.
This allows the penis to wave (flop) around more or less freely (whereas a natural erection is usually harder to point off to the side or down.

In any event, once a penis is inside your partner, isn't the hinge effect mitigated? The only issue then, would be during the insertion phase?

I know, having to guide your penis by hand instead of just being able to point yourself into her with your hips is a letdown, but still, doable sex is preferable to no sex?

Or, did I misunderstand? Very possible.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:32 pm

Lost Sheep, you understood it right. Back in the day, it would go in on its own, but now she has to guide it.
During the guide phase is when she used the wrong term "not hard enough" instead of bending. I think she associates the bending with not being hard enough?
You're also right that once it's in, all is well.

Maybe I still haven't pumped enough, or the implant doesn't expand enough in length to made it like a rigid unit?
Whatever, I can live with it.

Now I just have to get orgasms to come more readily.

On a side note, I paid the extortion fee to the company that supplied the surgical assistant and plan to never see the urologist or his office again.
It's actually not located close to me and there are plenty more fish in the sea.

My GP doc is pretty capable of most of the duties of the urologist and also has prescribed Testosterone and Tamsulosin to me. He even used to prescribe tri-mix.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:04 pm

Tomas,
I'm going to ask Dr Kramer to give me a 21 cm CX with .5 cm rtes or 1 cm if I need them.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”