How deep is "deep"... ?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
justanotherdrumber

How deep is "deep"... ?

Postby justanotherdrumber » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:11 pm

We read all the time about Distral tips being properly located deep into the Glans.
Maybe this should be self explanitory, but hey ; hopefully most of us have had a single experience to judge this by. Usually our own, with nobody else to show that would understand or compare ours to.

How would you define, "deep" ?
Do you check flaccid or errect ?
What terms would you use to help someone figure out how their implant might rate in this department ?
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

Lost Sheep

Re: How deep is "deep"... ?

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pm

justanotherdrumber wrote:We read all the time about Distral tips being properly located deep into the Glans.
Maybe this should be self explanitory, but hey ; hopefully most of us have had a single experience to judge this by. Usually our own, with nobody else to show that would understand or compare ours to.

How would you define, "deep" ?
Do you check flaccid or errect ?
What terms would you use to help someone figure out how their implant might rate in this department ?

I define "properly deep" as the implant going into the distal tips of my tunica to the same depth as they went (during my best erections) before E.D. (if I can remember correctly, back that far).

For me, I do recall fairly well how I could feel the tips of my tunica in my glans. Both when I was 18 years old and just a couple years before implant. I observe, there was not much loss of depth in between those two points in time. Now, after implant, when fully inflated, the tips of my tunica are only a tiny fraction of an inch less deep in my glans than they were before, but detectably closer to the underside than before.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:54 pm

1/2 to 3/4 into the glans.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:35 pm

Agree with OldBeek.
But some guys have mushroomed shaped glans. Theirs might not be as far in? What shape is yours? pyramid or mushroom?
My tunica goes about 1/2 way into my flaccid glans. So looking at the hooded lip on the top center and going from there about 1/2 the distance to the flaccid tip is where my left tip is. I know because my left tip is also almost directly beneath the center top of my glans, just to the left. My glans is pyramid.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”