Auto-inflation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Auto-inflation

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:57 pm

jmack858 wrote:A Coloplast rep was at my Dr office to show how to cycle my implant for first time, he told me after deflating do one quick pump to close deflate valve

This is what I have heard from everyone who has commented on operating the pump/valve. So, I cannot discount the overwhelming evidence of its truth (for both manufacturers' devices).

But my mind boggles at the thought that you CLOSE the valve to inflation by the same action used to DO inflation. Color me boggled. :oops: :?:
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:06 pm

How often do you cycle your implant and for how long ?

Morpaul

Postby Morpaul » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:40 am

ED2013 wrote:How often do you cycle your implant and for how long ?

Hi.
Probably every couple of days as time varies from a couple of minutes to 30 mins.
To be honest the issue gets me down and uninterested.
65 years old. Implanted 6/11/2018 AMS 700. Live in UK Nottinghamshire.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:16 pm

Morpaul wrote:
ED2013 wrote:How often do you cycle your implant and for how long ?

Hi.
Probably every couple of days as time varies from a couple of minutes to 30 mins.
To be honest the issue gets me down and uninterested.

Auto inflation is usually an early on problem. The more you cycle your implant and break it in should help.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:57 am

Morpaul wrote:Thanks Larry et al.
I tried pressing as hard as I could whilst squeezing. Same outcome, semi erect again after a few minutes.
Then tried the slight press of the pump just after button/squeeze process. No discernible difference.
Today when I pressed the button to deflate I hear and felt at the button a whoosh and again when I squeezed penis. But still reinflated.
Is there a definitive test BS have to check if valve is faulty?
Why am I able on a few occasions to press pump bulb more than 20 times to no further effect? That equally indicates some issue with the bulb/button.
Thanks for all the ideas...
Paul

After you deflate and squeeze, give a quick squeeze of the pump.. you have to feel/hear a click. I spoke with AMS and had Jamie run the "quick squeeze" thing by the engineers and they confirm that the quick squeeze closes the valve so saline cannot backflow. So, she says it's like a dog in a fenced yard... If unlatched, the dog can use his nose and push the gate open but if you close it hard enough to hear it latch he can't get out. :)

Larry

Larry

Mr stuby

Postby Mr stuby » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 am

larry
that's one interesting analogy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
74yr.old married 54yrs pc11/13 rad seed implants started ved 1/14 .implanted 11/20/2016 ams lgx 18+1 11 up 8 down 6 1/2 flaccid 7 5/8
local uro sanford health,

s. central N.D.
MIKE

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
I tried pressing as hard as I could whilst squeezing. Same outcome, semi erect again after a few minutes.
Then tried the slight press of the pump just after button/squeeze process. No discernible difference.
Today when I pressed the button to deflate I hear and felt at the button a whoosh and again when I squeezed penis. But still reinflated.
Why am I able on a few occasions to press pump bulb more than 20 times to no further effect? That equally indicates some issue with the bulb/button.
Paul

After you deflate and squeeze, give a quick squeeze of the pump.. you have to feel/hear a click. I spoke with AMS and had Jamie run the "quick squeeze" thing by the engineers and they confirm that the quick squeeze closes the valve so saline cannot backflow. So, she says it's like a dog in a fenced yard... If unlatched, the dog can use his nose and push the gate open but if you close it hard enough to hear it latch he can't get out. :)

Larry

Larry

I have to ask, for clarity, which direction "backflow" is. Reservoir to Implant (inflate direction) or Implant to reservoir (deflate direction)?

How I interpret what you are saying is; with the valve in deflate mode, fluid is free to flow in either direction. With the valve in inflate mode, fluid is 100% locked out from flowing in the deflate direction and locked out from flowing in the inflate direction unless a threshold amount of pressure is put on the pump bulb.

I suppose, if pressure (over that threshold pressure) is put on the reservoir, inflation of the implant could take place without pumping, but that is unlikely to the point impossibility in most cases.

Have I got that right?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Mr stuby

Postby Mr stuby » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:48 pm

lost sheep
answer is yes
mike
74yr.old married 54yrs pc11/13 rad seed implants started ved 1/14 .implanted 11/20/2016 ams lgx 18+1 11 up 8 down 6 1/2 flaccid 7 5/8
local uro sanford health,

s. central N.D.
MIKE

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Paul

Larry

Larry

I have to ask, for clarity, which direction "backflow" is. Reservoir to Implant (inflate direction) or Implant to reservoir (deflate direction)?

How I interpret what you are saying is; with the valve in deflate mode, fluid is free to flow in either direction. With the valve in inflate mode, fluid is 100% locked out from flowing in the deflate direction and locked out from flowing in the inflate direction unless a threshold amount of pressure is put on the pump bulb.

I suppose, if pressure (over that threshold pressure) is put on the reservoir, inflation of the implant could take place without pumping, but that is unlikely to the point impossibility in most cases.

Have I got that right?

That is the way I understand it, yes. :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:I have to ask, for clarity, which direction "backflow" is. Reservoir to Implant (inflate direction) or Implant to reservoir (deflate direction)?

Have I got that right?

That is the way I understand it, yes. :)

Larry

Well, that is not how I would have built that valve.

I would have had the valve in deflate mode allow ONLY deflation (no two-way flow) and in inflate mode have it be a one-way valve with no threshold to overcome with the pump.

But I am not the hydraulic engineer for AMS, and I suppose they did it the way they did because it makes the valve 1) have a longer, more reliable service life, 2) be simpler, smaller and less expensive to build and 3) simple to operate (once you get accustomed to it).

Thanks for the comments, Larry. That helps a lot.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”