Revision surgery yesterday

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jollyhellfarter

Revision surgery yesterday

Postby Jollyhellfarter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:02 am

So I had the same dr. Do my revision because he was familiar and ready and insurance was running out so no ti.e to find another one in time.
I will start by saying dont do it if you dont have to and even then.....think hard on it.
My Dr. Had put to much implant inside and it was buckled. Was in so much pain. They just kept telling me the buckling was swelling. I kept telling them something was wrong.
I finally had revision surgery yesterday come to find out he had to take out 4 cm. So over the past 4.5 months am sure with the stretching that occurred I probably started off with 2 full inches to much.
So then I told them I wanted my implant if it had to be removed. They refused. I fully intend on suing. I feel so violated and only had to go through this because the Dr. Didnt do his job right.
The Drs. Name is Etai Goldenberg with Urology of St.Louis.
44 yr. Old. White male. Average size. Healthy, Dr. Goldenberg, implanted nov. 13th 2018. Worst decision ever. Was adamant lgx, but dr. Decided cx when under. 1 cylinder 14 mm short. Buckling since day of surgery, whether flaccid or erect.

DougAnd

Re: Revision surgery yesterday

Postby DougAnd » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:30 am

Jolly,
Sorry about your bad experiences, hopefully it is fixed. By law you cannot own your implant unless it is in your body. Only a licensed Doctor can. But I would like that law changed for all of our benefits too much secrecy this is America not Russia although some days I wonder. I've heard it said that FDR bragged we would beat the Russians at their own game. That's like being just a little pregnant you either abort or go full term.
If you can delete this string please do. The name of your Doctor is in your bio. Those who care to know will look for it there.
I'm a bit confused about what went wrong? It's hard to believe that anyone would give you longer, they always go shorter. Also 4 cm too long sounds unlikely. Do you know what your flaccid stretch was before surgery and what is your length now? If he did not leave you inflated after the first surgery you may have lost 2 inches. I suppose it is possible not to get it back in 4.5 months took me about 5 or 6 and I thought that was bad. What do you mean by one side 14 cm short? What was the other side? They should be even to 1 cm or less.
I'm having a revision surgery this June. It will be my third implant surgery in less than 1 year. And this one will likely be the Mother of all surgeries. Still trying to cope with that. But like you can't go on without it. Good luck hope you heal quickly
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Jollyhellfarter

Postby Jollyhellfarter » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:17 am

Not true about posession of implant. Well versed in the law regarding this. I bought it and I own it. There are medical malpractice case that are lost because the patient didnt keep the implant to show what went wrong. My left side was 14 mm shorter than right, it was measured using ct scan. But yes they put at minimum 4 cm to much in me the first time. It was crumpled up and sitting on top of my pubic bone but under the skin so it wasnt as noticeable. But to me it was, and anyone could feel it clear as day. Like a knot, no I wont delrte this about the Dr. Evenyone needs to know not to use this guy. My appts. With his were always recorded where I could and he is on recording admitting fault, and yesterday while my wife was talking with him afterwards like I just wanted to find something to complain about. It was totally unusable, and isnt that the reason we are all on here and getting this surgery. My first surgery was soooo painful but noone listened, he just wanted me to pump to the max to stretch my penis.....umm, the dr. Was stupid he should know that was possible.
Screenshot_20190312-231723_Opera.jpg
Screenshot_20190312-231723_Opera.jpg (615.65 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
44 yr. Old. White male. Average size. Healthy, Dr. Goldenberg, implanted nov. 13th 2018. Worst decision ever. Was adamant lgx, but dr. Decided cx when under. 1 cylinder 14 mm short. Buckling since day of surgery, whether flaccid or erect.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 am

I just can't imagine having a second surgery by a doctor who you have such a bad relationship with. I know you mentioned insurance problems and it put you in a horrible position. I don't know what I would have done in that situation.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:27 pm

I agree with Thomas.

I disagree with Larry and Dougand that f'up doctors should remain unnamed to create any friction with the "pay me now" site cash cows.

I had my second experience with this "they own it" bit last June. 1st experience was in 2009 when a tumor was removed out of my chest at a research hospital. They asked me to sign more papers to keep the tumor, study it, share it, publish about it, keep samples of blood, et cetera, than it took to be admitted. I did so because it was the 32nd known of that type, the only one in a make that was not cancerous, and I am very pro education and research.

The second was last June when I asked for the tumor removed from my rt arm pit to send to another hospital. I was informed it was now the property of the hospital where it was removed. They own it. The WOULD LOAN a slide of it to another facility but it had to be returned. Pressing for more details, I was told that they encase it in wax and store it indefinitely. They loan slides to requesting doctors but rent or lease pieces to drug companies, research facilities. It is a $200-450.00 a pop deal for them. Pisses me off. They claimed that signing to allow surgery gives them that right.

Any court would allow the manufacturer or those defending the quack to examine the product for defect or measure it. The right to a defense, in my opinion, is not an instant exclusive right to ownership. I would fight for it if I paid for it. The issue here is whether the length was properly measured. I think opinions could vary greatly as it is now just an opinion being no third party is going to cut you open to measure now to see which measurement was proper.

Some days are a bitch. Sorry you had to go through that. Now, who have I pissed off?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Not me, I was thinking about you since OP is also in MO.
85 years

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:42 pm

I have had two revision total 3 operations in 10 months. My first revision was done by the same doc as the original. My first doc had / has a great reputation, is mentioned many times with great reviews on this site. My surgeries did not turn out well. All docs will get it wrong at some point or something will go wrong at some point. I am not mentioning his name because I am an outlier not the norm. I still have a relationship with this doc he takes care of my low T. Not exactly sure what happened , went wrong with the surgeries.

Second revision done by a different doc 1.5 cm smaller than the first two. Crazy operation took well over 3 hours. Lots of scar tissue. Sliced me up good. Will see new doc in 6 days to get fully pumped up for the first time , currently at 40 percent. I will be 7 weeks out. I hope it all holds together. I am feeling pretty good about the out come. This doc I will not name either because he did a poor job with follow up. He is out of state and I would have expected more considering the complicated surgery. So I don’t want to recommend him, but if I had a complex problem I might use him again. Neutral
59 years old. Forth revision 10/2021
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:12 pm

It's got to be hard to call out a doc for bad result especially when other's have had good results.
If he oversized you, he deserves to get a bad review IMO.
I guess it's possible you needed a smaller implant just because of the scar tissue?

I'd simply name him in my signature and let it go at that.
Just MHO though.
85 years

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 pm

I read that after a corporotmy sometimes there is a need to downsize the unit. I probably had scar tissue from injections that made the process more difficult. I also had a second opinion from a different doc that said that my first unit was sized correct.
59 years old. Forth revision 10/2021
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:54 pm

it is my understanding that Jamie Matson an AMS rep retrieves all used AMS products. You can go on their website and it clearly says that only a doctor is able to buy the product. I suppose if you're rich you can fight City Hall but it's probably going to be an uphill battle. Unless your lawyer specifically requested for legal purposes I seriously doubt that you're ever going to see it again.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”