Smooth surgery day one

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jimmgym

Smooth surgery day one

Postby Jimmgym » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:29 pm

Good morning
Just had my implant surgery at UPMC in Pittsburgh. Dr rusilko told me would that I would have two Incisions intra pubic AND scrotal But learned later that he placed everything through the scrotum, didn’t need two incisions . I spent the night in the hospital and did have some pain , and discomfort from the catheter. The foley was pulled earlier today and must say that the pain is very tolerable. I did have a couple shots through the IV to relieve some , but Happy so far with my pain level and really not much swelling , or bruising

Definitely going home today inflated 50% and will follow up with the doc in two weeks. After reading some of the bad experiences on here , I wanted to let everyone know, in my experience it has not been bad at all

I’m 55 have had ED for over 15 years. I have the AMS CX.
A new brother....Jim

Lunatech

Re: Smooth surgery day one

Postby Lunatech » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:13 pm

Welcome to the brother hood. Glad to hear you've had a good ride so far. I experienced more bruising and swelling once I got home as several others on here have also so I wouldn't be surprised if it hits you day 2-3 if I were you. Hopefully you'll be one of those who never experience it though. I agree removing the catheter wasn't as bad as I expected either. I was sent home mostly/fully deflated and the pain from them deflating me was over the top. Much happier with catheter out and fully deflated though. Right now the swelling in my scrotum is really getting back to normal and there seems to be a power struggle between the two long term residents and the new one creating a little pain for me. They'll get used to each other soon enough though.

What size CX and RTE did you get?
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:58 pm

Good luck to you. Going on day 5 here and feeling pretty good. I also was supposed to have an abdominal and scrotal incision. I woke up with just the scrotal. I was not swollen to much except in the fat pad which is still costing me about 2 inches in shaft length or close to it. Called doc office to see if I could get an answer to how long the cylinders are. I should have gotten paper at discharge but did not. No answer yet.

Pain on day 3 was worse. Day one I took percocets at hospital every 4 hours. And a couple shots of morphine for good measure. Day 2 got home cut percocets 1 every 6 hours instead of 2 every 4. No real problem. Day 3 went to 1 every 4. Then pain got better.

Day 4 did not take any painpills after miidnite Sunday. Just took some ibuprofen. Now very little of that even. Not even that today. Ball sack is sore but only bruise I got is on the bottom of sack. I can't see it but wife says it's there. Otherwise on day 5 just swelling in fat pat at top of penis.

If I had flown anywhere, for me today would have been first day I would have felt like really doing so. It is first day I have managed to bend it down enough to use a toilet.

I can feel all around pump and it is hanging low but could not feel a button or anything else on it. Doc office did not give me any specific instruction but to them in 9 days to get deflated and instructions on pumping.

All in all pretty satisfied. I can feel my tubes up in my glans so whatever size he put in was probably right. Girth is right at 5. I was always around 5.5 to 6 so close already at 50 percent.

Best wishes and hope thing go smoothly. The absolute hardest thing I dealt with was peeing. Just until this morning I had to pea laying down on my side in a little Johnny. This morning I was finally able to sit on toilet and push it down far enough to miss the rim. Sitting down to p felt great.

Must be getting less swollen inside so it is becoming a little more flexible and more comfortable.

Again good luck.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:20 pm

Hey Jimmgym:

CONGRATS on being admistted to the bionic brotherhood --- so so very happy for you. Now your life will change for the better !

a) Agreed, recovery from surgery can be "no big deal". Just like you, I found the post surgery days rather easy. I did not need the narcotics (just lots of naprosyn) and I took a short half mile hike seven days after surgery and was back at work easily at two weeks (maybe could have been back at one week, maybe)

b) the CX is a great implant --- more rigid then the LGX (or at least that is what the rumor mill says)

c) One thing that I was told is:
"it is important to pump vigourously during this early period, you should make your penis shaft as hard as granite"

This is so important since stretching your penis tissues is super important at this stage. Otherwise, you might form scar which will limit your size in the future (look up the key word "pseudocapsule" in franktalk)

you are doing great. Welcome to the brotherhood ! You will be back in the saddle soon.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Congrats to you. I have not been on here is sometime. I'm about a year and 8 months in. I love mine. You will too!
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Return to “Implants”