Pump bulb attached to scrotal skin

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RJ1000

Pump bulb attached to scrotal skin

Postby RJ1000 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:47 pm

The base of my pump's bulb seems to be attached to the bottom of my scrotum. This is similar to a ping pong ball being glued to the floor. The attached skin area is circular with a diameter of perhaps a quarter of an inch.

Is this normal or should the entire pump be able to move somewhat inside the scrotum?

Since mine is "glued" in place, that attachment point is regularly rather sore, especially when walking etc. I thought if the pump should move freely I could try to wiggle the skin to release the bulb stuck at that point. It might make that area a lot more comfortable for me.

So my question is: Should any part of the pump, especially the bulb, be stuck to or attached to any scrotal skin?

BTW I am now 8 weeks post-op.

Thanks as always for all assistance.
Age 66. ED caused by Peyronie's with hourglass deformity 2016. Prostate Surgery 2017 and now cancer free. Implanted Jan/2019 by Dr. Kramer. AMS-700-CX (21.0 cm with 0.5 RTE).

Larry10625

Re: Pump bulb attached to scrotal skin

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:14 pm

RJ1000 wrote:The base of my pump's bulb seems to be attached to the bottom of my scrotum. This is similar to a ping pong ball being glued to the floor. The attached skin area is circular with a diameter of perhaps a quarter of an inch.

Is this normal or should the entire pump be able to move somewhat inside the scrotum?

Since mine is "glued" in place, that attachment point is regularly rather sore, especially when walking etc. I thought if the pump should move freely I could try to wiggle the skin to release the bulb stuck at that point. It might make that area a lot more comfortable for me.

So my question is: Should any part of the pump, especially the bulb, be stuck to or attached to any scrotal skin?

BTW I am now 8 weeks post-op.

Thanks as always for all assistance.

Some surgeons, (like mine for instance), at least sometimes... I don't know if he always does it, anchors it down with a few sutures to keep it at the bottom of the scrotum where it belongs. Ask your surgeon if he did that... if not, he may (or may not) wish to action that. :)

Larry

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Mine stuck a bit too. I gently massaged and peeled the skin away in a hot bath.

Mr stuby

Postby Mr stuby » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Pump stuck on left side hurt. Like hell! Grabbed. Scrotal skin held onto pump and slowly pulled apart, can't believe
how good that felt. Took three day's. Mite wanna check with doc. first?
Mike
74yr.old married 54yrs pc11/13 rad seed implants started ved 1/14 .implanted 11/20/2016 ams lgx 18+1 11 up 8 down 6 1/2 flaccid 7 5/8
local uro sanford health,

s. central N.D.
MIKE

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:55 pm

My pump is stuck to the bottom of my scrotum pretty much same as you described. I spent many baths trying to pull it apart and get it free with no success. Doc said it wasn’t a big deal and I should leave it alone.

I’m 8 months out and it’s still adhered but doesn’t bother me at all. I actually feel like it helps me pump with one hand knowing it won’t slip away from the connected skin.

I feel like my constant pulling to try and free the pump made the area sore and possibly extended the healing process. Made it difficult to pump at first cause the skin was raw from the stretching.
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:00 pm

I discovered that cycling cause my pump to stick to my skin. Apparently I was squeezing it too hard it caused some internal damage to the skin that stuck to my pump. When I figured that out I actually pointed the pump in the direction that I wanted it and put it exactly where I wanted it and then I glued it to my skin purposely. Now I can one hand it never locks up always pumps first time everytime great when I walk great when I sit great when I squat great all the time
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:02 am

my doc said don't touch it during healing. Bad advise! My pump ended up glued to my left nut. Got in hot tub (106) daily for 4 weeks pulling them apart. All is good now.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

RJ1000

Postby RJ1000 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:30 am

Oldbeek, your issue sounds like it was more painful than mine is now. I have tried hot water in the shower to separate the skin from the pump bulb. The attachment is a bit less now and a bit more comfortable however still not good. I will keep trying to detach the skin from the bulb and hopefully over time be successful.
Age 66. ED caused by Peyronie's with hourglass deformity 2016. Prostate Surgery 2017 and now cancer free. Implanted Jan/2019 by Dr. Kramer. AMS-700-CX (21.0 cm with 0.5 RTE).

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:54 pm

Common problem i guess. I had my pump stuck to my sack for a while. I did warm baths and tried to pull it away. It actually took 4-5 months to free completely. I thought i was going to have to live with it, then one day i noticed i was free. Recovery is honestly a longer process then you think. Be patient.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:31 pm

oldbeek...received the same advice from my surgeon (don't touch it until the 5th week out 'training' session)!! My problem was a bit different, though, since the doc performed scrotoplasty at the same time as my implant. Instead of a small horizontal incision at the base of my penis, he cut a 4 - 4.5" vertical incision. It extends from the base of my penis to the bottom of my scrotum. At the end of the 5th week, my incision now adheres to the three tubes and the top of my pump. Doc should have know this might happen!! Surgeon said he'd do another procedure (along with the anesthesia and catheterization as the implant procedure) if I wanted him to fix it. I said no and fired him and his urology practice and the surgical center! Won't ever have any of those butchers touch me again! Just have to deal with it and know that this will be my only implant procedure till death.

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Return to “Implants”