If an infection occurs, Is my sexual life completely over?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
benefitter

If an infection occurs, Is my sexual life completely over?

Postby benefitter » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:16 pm

As a young man, this is the most afraid scenario for me..
young 20s male, but i think my only option is implant
not good at english

ChosenOne619

Re: If an infection occurs, Is my sexual life completely over?

Postby ChosenOne619 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:21 pm

What do you mean? You mean something like ganggreen on your penis then yeah. I think about that as well but I think I'm strong enough if I ever had to go through something like that......maybe.
22 year old male with Ed since I could remember. Tried sildenafil 20mg per pill went up to 4 pills didn't work and side effect were getting to me. San Diego, California where I reside

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:26 pm

With a good surgeon and proper care infections are fairly rare.

If an infection does occur, RAPID treatment often takes care of it.

Even more rarely, the implant must be removed, the infection cleared up and a new implant installed.

The main element is to choose a surgeon who has a good track record of low infection rates (experienced surgeon). The other key is to keep the surgical site VERY clean before and after surgery.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:31 pm

I suppose that even with modern medicine there is a chance you'll lose your penis because of an implant. I think unprotected sex is a bigger risk, though. Even if you do get infection usually it only means that your penis will be shorter than it could have been. Larry is proof that there is sex life after infection. He is an implant warrior. Wes I think also has survived intact and is still going strong.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Industry wide advertises infections at 3%. 3 out of 100. If 300 people get an implant and 9 in a row get an implant, then the rate is 9/100 in one group and 0% in 2 other groups of 100. It would be easy to fall in a 0% group too. I believe the last I heard, Dr. Eid was at 3/10ths of 1%. NIH studies support the more experience a doctor has and the more implants they install, the lower the infection rate. I've read about dick procedures for a decade and have only twice read where someone's dick was whacked off due to infection. Larry is as near a disaster as anyone and he seems quite proud of his outcome. You likely have a greater risk of being eaten by sharks while ordering pizza from a mob hit man on an airplane destined to crash into a mountain because the pilot is humping the stewardess whose ass just bumped the auto pilot switch. Cheers man. If you need it, don't limp dick your life away with what ifs. I wish I had done it sooner.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:53 am

alibaba wrote:Industry wide advertises infections at 3%. 3 out of 100. If 300 people get an implant and 9 in a row get an implant, then the rate is 9/100 in one group and 0% in 2 other groups of 100. It would be easy to fall in a 0% group too. I believe the last I heard, Dr. Eid was at 3/10ths of 1%. NIH studies support the more experience a doctor has and the more implants they install, the lower the infection rate. I've read about dick procedures for a decade and have only twice read where someone's dick was whacked off due to infection. Larry is as near a disaster as anyone and he seems quite proud of his outcome. You likely have a greater risk of being eaten by sharks while ordering pizza from a mob hit man on an airplane destined to crash into a mountain because the pilot is humping the stewardess whose ass just bumped the auto pilot switch. Cheers man. If you need it, don't limp dick your life away with what ifs. I wish I had done it sooner.

Good morning Ali and Doug;
The septic shock scared the hell out of me, especially because of my profession, I totally understood the consequences. Losing the first implant and then having nothing for 6 months while I healed was a total bummer but I was lucky to be alive. I absolutely love my new AMS LGX (as does my wife). I still have to be careful of infection because blood borne infection can attack the weakest tissue, which currently, is the penile and scrotal tissue. Having said that, I am currently battling cellulitis in my lower left leg, which is the same leg as they took my graph from when I had my triple bi-pass. Cellulitis is a serious, difficult infection for which I am living off of IV antibiotics at home for 7 days... Sunday is the last day. I still have to be very careful of signs and/or symptoms of implant area infection. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:15 am

Man Larry it just keeps on coming.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:44 am

DougAnd wrote:Man Larry it just keeps on coming.

I know eh? I just can't catch a friggin break. Between health issues and disrespectful penile cranium's I just can't win. I have chosen to simply ignore the penile cranium's and I have antibiotics for the current health issue. :D :D

Larry

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:11 am

Dammit, Larry, I hope you get it squared away asap.
Here's a heartfelt card to cheer you up.
Attachments
get well Larry.jpg
get well Larry.jpg (62.23 KiB) Viewed 1425 times
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:46 am

tomas1 wrote:Dammit, Larry, I hope you get it squared away asap.
Here's a heartfelt card to cheer you up.

Thanks for cheering me up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry

Return to “Implants”