If an infection occurs, Is my sexual life completely over?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tomas1

Re: If an infection occurs, Is my sexual life completely over?

Postby tomas1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:59 am

Larry, I'm glad you didn't take offence. I didn't think you'd have a problem with it, and I sincerely hope you get this latest problem resolved soon.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:55 pm

tomas1 wrote:Larry, I'm glad you didn't take offence. I didn't think you'd have a problem with it, and I sincerely hope you get this latest problem resolved soon.

Naaaaaaaaa, I have a hell of a sense of humour... sometimes that gets me in hot water with some penile craniums without that sense. :D

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:02 pm

tomas1 wrote:Dammit, Larry, I hope you get it squared away asap.
Here's a heartfelt card to cheer you up.

At least there are not icicles on that bedpan!
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
tomas1 wrote:Dammit, Larry, I hope you get it squared away asap.
Here's a heartfelt card to cheer you up.

At least there are not icicles on that bedpan!

Geez Sheep, with the pain and heat coming off my leg with the cellulitis, I would welcome icicles off of anything...… well, not quite everything ;)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:16 pm

Larry10625 wrote:Geez Sheep, with the pain and heat coming off my leg with the cellulitis, I would welcome icicles off of anything...… well, not quite everything ;)

Larry

I don't know. Plopping my butt on a frosty stainless steel bedpan is an uplifting experience - and not in the good way!
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Namirrah

Postby Namirrah » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:51 pm

alibaba wrote:Industry wide advertises infections at 3%. 3 out of 100. If 300 people get an implant and 9 in a row get an implant, then the rate is 9/100 in one group and 0% in 2 other groups of 100. It would be easy to fall in a 0% group too. I believe the last I heard, Dr. Eid was at 3/10ths of 1%. NIH studies support the more experience a doctor has and the more implants they install, the lower the infection rate. I've read about dick procedures for a decade and have only twice read where someone's dick was whacked off due to infection. Larry is as near a disaster as anyone and he seems quite proud of his outcome. You likely have a greater risk of being eaten by sharks while ordering pizza from a mob hit man on an airplane destined to crash into a mountain because the pilot is humping the stewardess whose ass just bumped the auto pilot switch. Cheers man. If you need it, don't limp dick your life away with what ifs. I wish I had done it sooner.

As soon as you mentioned the stewardess' ass, that was the only thing I retained. That big, bouncy, glorious ass... what? What's happening here.
Age: 39, Diabetic (well controlled) HBP (since teens, less well controlled, but ok),
mild ED for 3 years, l arginine l citrulline and norvaline (amino acid stack) helped.
Pills: ineffective. Started trimix: 6/24/18, EXTREMELY effective.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:32 pm

I also loved the story about the stewardess (nice visual), but , back to the topic of :
"what happens to you if you get an infection ?"

I asked my surgeon (Dr Eid) the question : "what happens if the implant gets infected"
His answer: "If it gets infected, then you will need to have the implant removed and a malleable implant will be placed to keep the tissues dilated. Perhaps 6 months down the line, a new 3 piece standard inflatable implant will then be installed, and most likely, that will work fine and heal without infection" To that, my answer was: "OK good, so there is a rescue plan" and he said, "yes, there is a rescue plan to handle the situation of infected implant"

Bottom line: Infection can happen. When it does, it is a big big problem. BUT, if you are using a extremely experienced surgeon, then you will likely end up on the other end just fine.

I think that your urologist was being honest by stating that there is a "chance" (hopefully 1% chance) that this surgery could end up badly with the feared infection complication. You need to be honest with yourself that you are taking a risk. You need to be so incredibly upset about failing at sex that you are willing to take on this risk

For me, and I know this is extreme, I would be OK if I died from the operation, since, well, sex really is that important to me. If sex aint that important to you, then do not get the surgery.

The issue of infection is also nicely discussed in a prior thread titled: "uro warns me about getting implants.. I"m confused"
https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11840&p=102340&hilit=rescue#p102340

Finally, it might be useful to hear from various frank talk brothers who had an infection, and who emerged on the other side with a good implant---I think Larry has already chimed in on this, and it looks like he is just fine with a great working implant even though he went through the road of infection.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

kosh200

Postby kosh200 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:06 pm

Mine wasn’t infected per se but I did have some unexplained issues. The day of my first activation my incision opened up and would not heal properly. It oozed for two months until my doc went in again and cleaned everything out and moved my pump. There was actually a track from the oozing wound to the pump which usually indicates infection, but Both stain and microscope revealed none. I have since healed nicely and averted any revision. Thank the Lord!
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:00 am

TANGERINE wrote:I also loved the story about the stewardess (nice visual), but , back to the topic of :

I asked my surgeon (Dr Eid) the question : "what happens if the implant gets infected"
His answer: "If it gets infected, then you will need to have the implant removed and a malleable implant will be placed to keep the tissues dilated. Perhaps 6 months down the line, a new 3 piece standard inflatable implant will then be installed, and most likely, that will work fine and heal without infection" To that, my answer was: "OK good, so there is a rescue plan" and he said, "yes, there is a rescue plan to handle the situation of infected implant"

Bottom line: Infection can happen. When it does, it is a big big problem. BUT, if you are using a extremely experienced surgeon, then you will likely end up on the other end just fine.

I think that your urologist was being honest by stating that there is a "chance" (hopefully 1% chance) that this surgery could end up badly with the feared infection complication. You need to be honest with yourself that you are taking a risk. You need to be so incredibly upset about failing at sex that you are willing to take on this risk

For me, and I know this is extreme, I would be OK if I died from the operation, since, well, sex really is that important to me. If sex aint that important to you, then do not get the surgery.

The issue of infection is also nicely discussed in a prior thread titled: "uro warns me about getting implants.. I"m confused"
https://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11840&p=102340&hilit=rescue#p102340

Finally, it might be useful to hear from various frank talk brothers who had an infection, and who emerged on the other side with a good implant---I think Larry has already chimed in on this, and it looks like he is just fine with a great working implant even though he went through the road of infection.

Yes, I did go through it and Dr. Brock did NOT put a malleable implant in because he said that they just removed an infected implant and to re-introduce another foreign object is just looking for trouble. I am quite surprised that Dr. Eid told you that because all 4 of the doctors I spoke with at length agreed that putting another device in there for the 6 month healing period is looking for trouble. Yes, I lost some size because of it but it's all back and then some AND I am alive to tell this story and I came close to NOT being able to tell it. I am glad he didn't put a malleable implant in. :)

Larry

benefitter

Postby benefitter » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:49 am

Larry10625 wrote:
TANGERINE wrote:I also loved the story about the stewardess (nice visual), but , back to the topic of :

Yes, I did go through it and Dr. Brock did NOT put a malleable implant in because he said that they just removed an infected implant and to re-introduce another foreign object is just looking for trouble. I am quite surprised that Dr. Eid told you that because all 4 of the doctors I spoke with at length agreed that putting another device in there for the 6 month healing period is looking for trouble. Yes, I lost some size because of it but it's all back and then some AND I am alive to tell this story and I came close to NOT being able to tell it. I am glad he didn't put a malleable implant in. :)

Larry

I'm really glad healing after infection went well.

How long is your length when you erect now?
Are all the reduced lengths back?
young 20s male, but i think my only option is implant
not good at english

Return to “Implants”