ED: the silent shrinker

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

ED: the silent shrinker

Postby DougAnd » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:32 pm

In my late teens rare, painful long lasting erections curved me upward to just below my navel. Thankfully by my early twenties my erections became softer and although I didn't really notice it they also became shorter. By my mid thirties I was getting really soft and I knew that I was shorter but assumed that a good erection would fix that. Years passed I became softer and shorter. Still I thought that a hard erection is all it would take to restore my length. Finally the day came when my glans no longer peeked out of my shorts at night and manual stimulation produced nothing more than useless c hubbies. For two plus years I was functionally impotent. So I had no idea how really short I was becoming. My AHA moment occurred when I began vacuum therapy. After years of limpness it felt good to have a firm erection again. Yet after I measured the tube I discovered that A. I had lost more than 1 5/8th inches (about 5/8 in just the last 2 years ) and B. that a firm erection did NOT bring it back. Later I learned that this loss is permanent and that only a Penile implant can stop it.
If your natural erections have stopped you need to seriously consider just how short you want to be. Keep in mind that you may lose up to an inch more from your implant. Like me, using vacuum therapy you may gain back some of your loss before implant. But I wouldn't count on it before you try it.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Re: ED: the silent shrinker

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:59 pm

DougAnd wrote:In my late teens rare, painful long lasting erections curved me upward to just below my navel. Thankfully by my early twenties my erections became softer and although I didn't really notice it they also became shorter. By my mid thirties I was getting really soft and I knew that I was shorter but assumed that a good erection would fix that. Years passed I became softer and shorter. Still I thought that a hard erection is all it would take to restore my length. Finally the day came when my glans no longer peeked out of my shorts at night and manual stimulation produced nothing more than useless c hubbies. For two plus years I was functionally impotent. So I had no idea how really short I was becoming. My AHA moment occurred when I began vacuum therapy. After years of limpness it felt good to have a firm erection again. Yet after I measured the tube I discovered that A. I had lost more than 1 5/8th inches (about 5/8 in just the last 2 years ) and B. that a firm erection did NOT bring it back. Later I learned that this loss is permanent and that only a Penile implant can stop it.
If your natural erections have stopped you need to seriously consider just how short you want to be. Keep in mind that you may lose up to an inch more from your implant. Like me, using vacuum therapy you may gain back some of your loss before implant. But I wouldn't count on it before you try it.

While one MAY lose substantial length upon getting an implant, this is not the norm. Absent complicating factors or surgical error, length and girth loss should be minimal. Talk to your surgeon at length (no pun intended) about this. If he won't talk about it, consider your choice of surgeons. You may want to go ahead with that one or find another. Your choice. Note: Length GAIN upon implantation is also rare.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:39 am

Agree entirely with Lost.
Immediately post op I was marginally concerned that my length was slightly diminished. However, over time, and having listened carefully to my surgeon, I adhered to his suggested program of twice daily cycling.
Over the following months my original length returned. I have no science to explain why it’s the case but I am thankful it did.
Girth is another matter altogether. I can’t say I am bigger than when I was 20 because I never measured myself(why would you?) but the Titan has certainly given me greater circumference than I had when struggling with ED 4 years ago.
In my opinion I think I was fortunate to have decided on getting an implant relatively early.....before too much atrophy occurred........ so my suggestion is that waiting unnecessarily may have a cost with regards to final implanted size.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 am

I totally agree that the right dr will preserve your length. Some guys are locked into losers by their insurance. Plenty guys have posted a loss. The longer you wait the greater your chances of being shorter.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:51 am

DougAnd wrote:In my late teens rare, painful long lasting erections curved me upward to just below my navel. Thankfully by my early twenties my erections became softer and although I didn't really notice it they also became shorter. By my mid thirties I was getting really soft and I knew that I was shorter but assumed that a good erection would fix that. Years passed I became softer and shorter. Still I thought that a hard erection is all it would take to restore my length. Finally the day came when my glans no longer peeked out of my shorts at night and manual stimulation produced nothing more than useless c hubbies. For two plus years I was functionally impotent. So I had no idea how really short I was becoming. My AHA moment occurred when I began vacuum therapy. After years of limpness it felt good to have a firm erection again. Yet after I measured the tube I discovered that A. I had lost more than 1 5/8th inches (about 5/8 in just the last 2 years ) and B. that a firm erection did NOT bring it back. Later I learned that this loss is permanent and that only a Penile implant can stop it.

When I asked doctor Brock about losing length and girth during the implant he told me that it was his opinion that most guys had not been keeping track of their size and due to ED, they lost length and girth every month leading up to the implant. The good news, especially if you get the LGX, you will probably recover all if not most of your original length and girth hope this helps. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:50 am

Larry,
I totally agree with that. Had I not used VED I would have gotten an implant completely unaware that I had permanently lost length and would have been VERY disappointed with my outcome.
Guys need to understand that if their nocturnal erections have stopped their diseased penis is slowly dying from a lack of oxygen and proper nutrients and it is shrinking.
You guys need to keep in mind that my first guy showed me he would shrink me about and inch and the second 2 inches. So Had I gone with the first one without VED I would be about 4 3/8" right now and with the second one about 3 3/8". That is a HUGE difference from my current but it would have become my reality.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:57 am

DougAnd wrote:Larry,
I totally agree with that. Had I not used VED I would have gotten an implant completely unaware that I had permanently lost length and would have been VERY disappointed with my outcome.
Guys need to understand that if their nocturnal erections have stopped their diseased penis is slowly dying from a lack of oxygen and proper nutrients and it is shrinking.
You guys need to keep in mind that my first guy showed me he would shrink me about and inch and the second 2 inches. So Had I gone with the first one without VED I would be about 4 3/8" right now and with the second one about 3 3/8". That is a HUGE difference from my current but it would have become my reality.

Yup, he is very smart and despite his older looking appearance, he is very aware of how all of us horn dogs think. Basically he says when we were 18 and screwing anything that moved, we were all concerned/curious about our penis size. Once we get older and busier or get married or in a long relationship, we no longer care or think about it... that's the time when we start slowly shrinking if we are having ED. Healthy penis's go to the gym every night... we call it nocturnal erections. This is where it delivers lots of oxygenated blood to the tissue and stretches and gets bigger or protects our size. When we get ED, all that stops. :(

Larry

robertm

Postby robertm » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:01 pm

"When I asked doctor Brock about losing length and girth during the implant he told me that it was his opinion that most guys had not been keeping track of their size and due to ED, they lost length and girth every month leading up to the implant. The good news, especially if you get the LGX, you will probably recover all if not most of your original length and girth hope this helps."

Larry, do you mean you can regain length and girth lost due to atrophy since ED began? I'm pre-implant and have lost a little of both since I stopped getting erections, and I'm concerned.
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:15 pm

I lost 1 5/8 inches and gained back 1 1/8 inches before implant and another 1/4 inch so far after implant.

prbear01

Postby prbear01 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Larry & Doug,

I'm doing research to decide on the procedure and brand. I have also lost some length and girth.
On the previous message Larry stated that he re-gain length prior to the procedure, how?
Thanks for any information given.
63 yrs old male, married same sex couple, have tried pills and injections. Pills don't help and injections make me so sensitive that it hurts. Researching penile implants.

Return to “Implants”