Is it dangerous?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ChosenOne619

Is it dangerous?

Postby ChosenOne619 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:32 pm

Is it dangerous to increase length of the penis after you get an implant. Say if I got a traction device after the implant would that cause problems. What about girth let's say if I started clamping (look it up on pegym.com) would that cause problems?
22 year old male with Ed since I could remember. Tried sildenafil 20mg per pill went up to 4 pills didn't work and side effect were getting to me. San Diego, California where I reside

Lost Sheep

Re: Is it dangerous?

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:39 pm

ChosenOne619 wrote:Is it dangerous to increase length of the penis after you get an implant. Say if I got a traction device after the implant would that cause problems. What about girth let's say if I started clamping (look it up on pegym.com) would that cause problems?

Having gone through the risk, pain and (for me little, but for many others, considerable) expense, I would not risk it without consulting with my surgeon.

At first examination, the risk of pulling tissues away from the implant and creating an abscess in the penis would be a concern. Maybe low probability, but high consequence.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
ChosenOne619 wrote:Is it dangerous to increase length of the penis after you get an implant. Say if I got a traction device after the implant would that cause problems. What about girth let's say if I started clamping (look it up on pegym.com) would that cause problems?

Having gone through the risk, pain and (for me little, but for many others, considerable) expense, I would not risk it without consulting with my surgeon.

At first examination, the risk of pulling tissues away from the implant and creating an abscess in the penis would be a concern. Maybe low probability, but high consequence.

That's one reason why, when revisions are done, they always upsize the implant. I think until that happens, the implant just does less work because it has a lot more room in there because we stretched it out a bit. :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:49 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:

That's one reason why, when revisions are done, they always upsize the implant. I think until that happens, the implant just does less work because it has a lot more room in there because we stretched it out a bit. :)

Larry

There is a lot of presupposed knowledge in Larry's post. Could you be a bit more detailed, please?

The original post inquired about stretching by external means. "we stretched it out a bit" seems to imply stretching by the implant. This stretching by implant is pretty much universal among implantees, but stretching by external means (vacuum or clamping, etc) is far from common.

Also, while revisions often wind up with an upsized implant (even of the same brand and model) it is not always so.

Respectfully submitted.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:Having gone through the risk, pain and (for me little, but for many others, considerable) expense, I would not risk it without consulting with my surgeon.

Larry

There is a lot of presupposed knowledge in Larry's post. Could you be a bit more detailed, please?

The original post inquired about stretching by external means. "we stretched it out a bit" seems to imply stretching by the implant. This stretching by implant is pretty much universal among implantees, but stretching by external means (vacuum or clamping, etc) is far from common.

Also, while revisions often wind up with an upsized implant (even of the same brand and model) it is not always so.

Respectfully submitted.

Lost Sheep

OK, I was told that USUALLY it is upsized... it was by either Dr. Kramer or Dr. Perito. One of them (I think Dr. Kramer) lead me to believe that the stretch test was just a show for the patient but the only measurement that counts is the one done with the rod during surgery. If the stretch teas and the rod disagree, the rod wins. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:10 pm

Larry,
That actually makes a lot of sense explains a lot of things. as I understand it all of the surgeons in America avoid a maximum stretch measurement on the inside. But that's exactly what they did on the andrology report. So if you stretch harder on the outside when you measure your patient then you do on the inside when you measure your patient it makes perfect sense that he would be shorter then what he was Shown,.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:25 pm

Revisions are done for many reasons. I have had two revisions. The second revision I went from a 24.5 to a 23. I will not bore you with all the details. I am not sure if I lost any length because I am not free to pump up yet. Flaccid looks good.

MAV
Last edited by Maverick2dog on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
59 years old. Forth revision 10/2021
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 pm

Mav,
I remember you said that they downsized. That seems odd. But you are right you might retain your old length so many variables hard to say. But still why did he do that?
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Chosen,
99% percent of your implant surgeons will say no way. No traction no vacuum therapy after implant. So far the only one I know of that says yes is the AMS video if you have scarring and if your surgeon suggests it (he won't) and Larry's Doctor.
Is it dangerous? No report shows any danger that I've seen and at least one has proven the benefits. Don't have that url maybe Larry does.

Frenchboy

Postby Frenchboy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Don t use traction device because it can ruin your neurovascular bundle. It s a sheat that contain veins and nerve. Basically you ll blunt and stretch it for extended period of time. Traction really made my unit feel lifeless. Stay away from traction please

Return to “Implants”