Revisions?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Grayfox

Revisions?

Postby Grayfox » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:59 am

Just starting to seriously research implants and have lots of questions. I've noticed that quite a few of you that have had implants list them in your signature lines. I also notice that many include "revisions". Exactly what are revisions, why are they needed and is this normal? I thought you had surgery once and that was it?
Developed ED after Heart attack and by-pass in 2000. Used pills for years, but they don't work anymore. Shots don't work. Used a VED for several years. AMS 700 LGX installed 8-7-19.

roksolid

Re: Revisions?

Postby roksolid » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:48 am

Fox,

Revisions can take two forms:

1) The implant was installed incorrectly. Whether it be due to improper length measurement, a surgical error on the operating field, or straight up medical incompetence, once you've been implanted, another implant (aka revision) of some form (rigid malleable, 2-piece, 3-piece) is needed to correct the deficiency.

2) Equipment does wear out. I have seen anecdotally on these forums that well-used implants have a lifespan of 12-15 years. While the implant is a very basic system at its core, BS and Coloplast have their own secret sauce they have developed into their implants. With complication comes the possibility of failure. I think I read in some medical literature for the Boston Scientific line that they embed a special lubricant on the inside of their equipment to reduce the wear of the movement of the saline. I personally had no idea that saline moving back and forth would have an abrasive component, but apparently they think so.

Both companies offer lifetime warranties on their products, so if a revision is ever necessary, you can exclude the implant's price from whatever it would you (or the insurer). Assuming that you weren't trading up (or down) from one to the other.

rok
The Rok is now solid! Implanted 8/14/18. AMS700CX (21+1)

"That magic in your pants is making me blush!" --Kesha

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:42 pm

A large number of revisions are caused by inexperienced surgeons. Or should I say those who are satisfied with what they do even though their patients are not. I've seen a ton of guys on this forum put up with bs that would normally warrant a revision. Pump misplacement and dog ears (those annoying tubes coming up inside of your penis instead of deep inside of your scrotum where they should be) are common.
There are many many others.
I'll be heading for revision #2 in less than a year.
Pick your surgeon wisely and carefully
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:54 pm

roksolid wrote:Equipment does wear out. I have seen anecdotally on these forums that well-used implants have a lifespan of 12-15 years.

Mine lasted 12 years before it had to be replaced.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:04 am

Revisions are more common when your implant is first installed by a second hand Yak and Camel salesman under instruction by the implant manufacturer salewoman. Hire a professional and get it done right.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:34 am

alibaba wrote:Hire a professional and get it done right.

+ 1

Return to “Implants”