19 Year Old Guy with some Questions about Implants and Scar Tissue

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: 19 Year Old Guy with some Questions about Implants and Scar Tissue

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Edrudd wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Edrudd wrote:I going to do with the best surgeon of penile implants in Brazil, Paulo Egídio. But I will wait until the end of the year to see if my ed it's permanent or not

Just remember, the longer you go with ED, the more length that potentially could be lost.

Larry

But I am pumping to keep my length . Doesn't pumping maintain size?

Yes. If you are using an appropriate pumping protocol, your pumping should keep both length and girth as well as elasticity and oxygentation (necessary for tissue health).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:13 am

WindWizard wrote:
oldbeek wrote:You must be on the west coast. Dr Goldstein is a legend in the ED world. He is just not mentioned on this site. Have you talked to him about all these issues. I find he is very easy to talk to. I know you are shopping price. Is Goldstein expensive? Dr Karpman is also very good. If 19,000 is the full price , hospital and all that is very reasonable. I had scar tissue and pyronies caused by injections. My Dr was at USC but he retired after 30 yrs. He pumped me up to 80-90% for 4 week s after the OP. Maybe that was to break up the scar tissue. I have my full pre op size and have not grown at all with daily cycling.

Yup I'm on the West Coast. I agree that Doctor Goldstein has been at this for a really long time and he's definitely contributed a lot to the ED field... that being said, so far following his recommendations, which have included travelling to Greece for a month and receiving PRP shots have not helped me in the slightest, and have cost a great amount of money and time. I also know that he doesn't routinely preform implant surgery, he's told me himself that while he's been doing this since the 70's he usually only does a few a year. This isn't good news for me, I'd really like someone who performs this surgery often, (Like Kramer) so I know that there won't be any mistakes. Thank you for more information about Karpman! I've heard several good things about him and he's not terribly expensive. I'm also very glad to hear that under him you didn't loose any length even with your scar tissue. I'll have to talk to both him and Kramer and see who gives a better impression. Did you see him in person first or just consult with him on the phone?
I talked to karpman and eid on the phone. He recommended Dr Boyd at USC because he was closer for me. Karpman has several glowing reports on this site. He does a lot of them. My Dr, Dr Boyd had done 3-4 week for 30 years and was a very upfront guy. He has since retired. USC is a great hospital and their surgeons saved my life in 1995.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:26 am

WIndWizard, I can not imagine fighting this problem with no insurance. What are your skills? can you find a good job with benefits and insurance to fight this thing. Don't rush into it without knowing for sure if there is a cure. Even if you do get an implant, you will need insurance to cover replacements. In CA, there is a shortage of police and prison correction officers. CA prison correction officers have good benefits and start salary is 72,000 per year.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

WindWizard

Postby WindWizard » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:10 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Edrudd wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Just remember, the longer you go with ED, the more length that potentially could be lost.

Larry

Yes. If you are using an appropriate pumping protocol, your pumping should keep both length and girth as well as elasticity and oxygentation (necessary for tissue health).

I've had ED for years and have not yet purchased a pump. I've read up on some protocols and think that getting one would probably be a good idea as I might be waiting a bit longer for my actual implant. If you have used a pump before, are there are particular models of pump you would recommend? I've seen a lot of different answers online and I wouldn't even know where to begin with purchasing one.
20 years old. Severe ED for the past 5 years due to scar tissue.
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

WindWizard

Postby WindWizard » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:12 pm

oldbeek wrote:WIndWizard, I can not imagine fighting this problem with no insurance. What are your skills? can you find a good job with benefits and insurance to fight this thing. Don't rush into it without knowing for sure if there is a cure. Even if you do get an implant, you will need insurance to cover replacements. In CA, there is a shortage of police and prison correction officers. CA prison correction officers have good benefits and start salary is 72,000 per year.

Yeah It's pretty terrifying. Unfortunately, I don't have any particularly notable skills. I got really good grades in school and have an AA degree, but I haven't gone on to University, largely because the long term-depression I've been suffering from due to my ED has really drained my motivation. So unfortunately I don't have any particular career lined up yet, and right now I'm just working as a waiter. I was unaware that jailers make that much money, I might have to look into that, thank you!
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

WindWizard

Postby WindWizard » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:13 pm

Edrudd wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Edrudd wrote:I going to do with the best surgeon of penile implants in Brazil, Paulo Egídio. But I will wait until the end of the year to see if my ed it's permanent or not

Larry

If you don't mind me asking, what model pump are you using? Are you satisfied with it?

Edrudd

Postby Edrudd » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:16 pm

I bought a cheap pump and it works great. For my knowledge a pump is a pump. If your dicks fits in it and it works it's a pump
12/28/2000 - 2019. Killed by psychiatrists

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:00 am

WindWizard wrote:
Edrudd wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

If you don't mind me asking, what model pump are you using? Are you satisfied with it?

I have the AMS LGX. I love it. I am longer, more girth and last longer than ever before :)

Larry

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:52 pm

WindWizard wrote:
oldbeek wrote:WIndWizard, I can not imagine fighting this problem with no insurance. What are your skills? can you find a good job with benefits and insurance to fight this thing. Don't rush into it without knowing for sure if there is a cure. Even if you do get an implant, you will need insurance to cover replacements. In CA, there is a shortage of police and prison correction officers. CA prison correction officers have good benefits and start salary is 72,000 per year.

Yeah It's pretty terrifying. Unfortunately, I don't have any particularly notable skills. I got really good grades in school and have an AA degree, but I haven't gone on to University, largely because the long term-depression I've been suffering from due to my ED has really drained my motivation. So unfortunately I don't have any particular career lined up yet, and right now I'm just working as a waiter. I was unaware that jailers make that much money, I might have to look into that, thank you!

You have an AA degree, you are a shoe in, CA correction service sends you to an academy in south Sacramento. It is 4 months long but they pay you while at academy. Some say the academy is tough but my daughter in law passed it at 46 yr old. With an AA, you take some police science courses and get into supervision or a counseler
that pays over 100k and you don't deal with prisoners. Only down side of counseling is OT is not as easy to get. Everything you do with prisoners, there are 2 or 3 officers there. I am happy having my kids in corrections and not out on the street as targets.
You can go into air traffic control with FAA with an AA and under 32 yr old. Never know with the feds though, they may farm FAA out to private, but I don't think so. Traffic controller is up around 80k per yr also.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:29 pm

WindWizard wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:
Edrudd wrote:But I am pumping to keep my length . Doesn't pumping maintain size?

I've had ED for years and have not yet purchased a pump. I've read up on some protocols and think that getting one would probably be a good idea as I might be waiting a bit longer for my actual implant. If you have used a pump before, are there are particular models of pump you would recommend? I've seen a lot of different answers online and I wouldn't even know where to begin with purchasing one.

Many will disagree with me but I went to a sex store and got a cheapie for $60 CDN. It has a pump, an emergency release valve and a cylinder. You can spend lots of money but they all have the same components. I pump up for 5 minutes every day (but I also have an implant). Dr. Perito told me to pump it up so that it is comfortable but one more pump would make it uncomfortable. Leave that for 30 minutes. If you can manage this twice a day, that would be great but, once a day is better than nothing. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”