LGX, CX, Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: LGX, CX, Titan

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:33 pm

DougAnd wrote:Thanks Lost sheep, that evens the field a little. But even when I am fully pumped my skin is loose and only 5 inches in girth. I suspect that the AMS numbers are based on the 25% expansion rate and not on the actual fact ie inside of the patient. Same for the Titan.
I doubt that mine will ever make that since I almost never fully inflate due to my situation (distal crossover)

As I understand it, the 25% expansion refers only to length, not to girth and is meant to convey the contrast between the other devices with do not expand in length.

So, I expect both makers' devices (all of them) expand in girth, but only the LGX expands in length.

I also expect, as I have said before, that the length expansion of the LGX is not talking about lengthening the max that the patient can get, but the ability to shorten when deflated and expand in length when inflated, thus making the penis appear more natural in any inflation degree. In other words, a patient whose penis would accomodate an 18cm CX will also accommodate an 18cm LGX or 18cm Titan. When inflated, all the devices will be 18cm, but when deflated the CX and Titan will still be about 18cm (absent "accordion" shortening, but the LGX will shorten by smooth contraction.

I think my assessment is correct, but have never been able to get my Patient Liaison from AMS to speak candidly about this subject. I begin to suspect that he is not as well-educated on the product as one would hope.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:45 pm

I think I get what you are trying to say but I was specifically told that the LGX was used to regain length lost to scarring. In other words if your penis used to be 6 inches but had shrunk to 5 you could eventually gain back your lost inch to 6 inches again. I think Larry has proven that in spades. He has regained back much more than an inch, right Larry? Or do I have that wrong?
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:46 pm

The AMS add says 25% length and girth.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:57 am

DougAnd wrote:I think I get what you are trying to say but I was specifically told that the LGX was used to regain length lost to scarring. In other words if your penis used to be 6 inches but had shrunk to 5 you could eventually gain back your lost inch to 6 inches again. I think Larry has proven that in spades. He has regained back much more than an inch, right Larry? Or do I have that wrong?

Um.... you could be right about the ability to stretch the tunica with the lengthening property of the LGX. I don't know

DougAnd wrote:The AMS add says 25% length and girth.

Just remember. It is an advertisement.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:09 am

DougAnd wrote:I think I get what you are trying to say but I was specifically told that the LGX was used to regain length lost to scarring. In other words if your penis used to be 6 inches but had shrunk to 5 you could eventually gain back your lost inch to 6 inches again. I think Larry has proven that in spades. He has regained back much more than an inch, right Larry? Or do I have that wrong?

You are very correct... I still sometimes just stand in front of the mirror and stare. I knew I could regain length but not that much. :)

Larry

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:01 am

So I used my calculator and if I worked it properly and the 25% advertised by AMS is correct then 25% of 12 is 3 and that makes LGX and CX 15 vs Titan's 18. So the girth with the Titan should be able to be larger if we need it. But it's important that this is not enlargement. Just getting us back to what we were given to begin with.

As far as the tunica dependent vs. independent, that has me asking questions. If there is some issue with the tunica then what happens if a doctor uses only the dependent product? And as the surgery only exposes the small area at the base of the shaft how does the surgeon determine the health of the tunica for rest of the length not exposed during surgery if the determination is only made at the time of the surgery?

As far as what I have seen on videos and read in regards to the 2 brands it was said that Coloplast was harder hard and AMS was softer soft. Also was said that Coloplast had more problems with tubing failures due to there tubing not being made in house vs. AMS having more cylinder problems with the softer cylinders. But that these problems are extremely rare. I cannot remember a thread about either of these problems. But it seems to me I have seen a number of issues of pump problems. I have even seen threads that stated there are pumps that are easier to pump than others.

The thing is that I could never ever have a usable erection again. So my options were either live with this part of me being gone or have it fixed with an implant. As far as deciding what product to have, for me I believe that a very good surgeon with a lot of experience that I trust should make the final choice. I don't see how I could trust a doc to do this and not trust the doc to choose the best product for me. But this info is important to have when talking to a doc you are considering. The doc should be able to explain why one product would best for us.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 pm

newbie443 wrote:As far as the tunica dependent vs. independent, that has me asking questions. If there is some issue with the tunica then what happens if a doctor uses only the dependent product? And as the surgery only exposes the small area at the base of the shaft how does the surgeon determine the health of the tunica for rest of the length not exposed during surgery if the determination is only made at the time of the surgery?

I did not ask Dr. Eid when he told me this. I assumed the "feel" when measuring the Tunica would be informative on the condition of the tunica.

newbie443 wrote:As far as what I have seen on videos and read in regards to the 2 brands it was said that Coloplast was harder hard and AMS was softer soft.

It is also widely known that Coloplast devices are harder when hard than the AMS devices, but that all of them are plenty hard enough for penetrative sex. Mine is as hard or harder than my natural erections ever were, even in my sexual prime.

newbie443 wrote:Also was said that Coloplast had more problems with tubing failures due to there tubing not being made in house vs. AMS having more cylinder problems with the softer cylinders. But that these problems are extremely rare. I cannot remember a thread about either of these problems.

This is what Dr. Eid wrote to me a couple years ago. But he also added that the service life of each was nearly the same. We were just addressing modes of failure.

newbie443 wrote:But it seems to me I have seen a number of issues of pump problems. I have even seen threads that stated there are pumps that are easier to pump than others.

I have seen those threads. Yes, the pumps are complicated, and their operations are esoteric. A price one pays for reliability and size reduction, I suppose.

newbie443 wrote:The thing is that I could never ever have a usable erection again. So my options were either live with this part of me being gone or have it fixed with an implant. As far as deciding what product to have, for me I believe that a very good surgeon with a lot of experience that I trust should make the final choice. I don't see how I could trust a doc to do this and not trust the doc to choose the best product for me. But this info is important to have when talking to a doc you are considering. The doc should be able to explain why one product would best for us.

EGGZAKLY! It is hard to find the downside to getting an implant if you need one. (Aside from infection or a medical mistake, which are rare) the biggest downside is that you are guaranteed to never have a natural erection ever again, absent a new cure (which is unlikely). If you need one the "Implant now or wait?" question is a no-brainer if you can get it. It is cheaper than a sports car and service life about as long.

Device manufacturer/model selection is a minor choice once the decision to implant has been made.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:50 am

Lost Sheep is exactly right. The dilation process tells all sees (feels) all. If there is no scarring encountered then you have a healthy corpora and tunica. Mine were tissue paper thin but treated as healthy. After perhaps 40 years of ED disease robbing me of nutrients and oxygen that was misleading. Vacuum therapy had masked my symptoms.
You guys who have had soft erections for decades BEWARE!!!. If your Doppler shows scarring then be prepared for a longer ride and less successful surgery unless you find the best of the best.
Just my opinion.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:42 am

DougAnd wrote:The AMS add says 25% length and girth.

That it does BUT, I gained back much, much more... I would say over 100%. 1"- 2" before surgery and 5.5" after (remember my before and after picture?). I don't remember measuring girth but my wife says that she definitely notices an increase in girth. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:41 pm

Larry is our true miracle example and I hope no one else suffers through what he has. I know that Wes has also had a bout with infection too.
But to be perfectly honest Larry's gain was from the implant returning in part. So before surgery total turtlehead zero length. Immediately after surgery a marked improvement. But that wasn't because the LGX had grown longer.
It is hard for me or others to tell just how much longer the implant has given us. All I can say for sure is that now less than 7 mos later I am 1/4" longer than the night before my surgery. I don't know if that was just me or the LGX?? Either way I'll take it.

Return to “Implants”