LGX, CX, Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ETGuy71

Re: LGX, CX, Titan

Postby ETGuy71 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:02 pm

This is where I go crazy about the debate on which implant someone should get!
I’m scheduled for March 4.
We know Kramer puts in both Titan and AMS. But has been quoted on this site that he fixes more Titan issues!
Perito says online he will not put in anything but a Titan that he fixes more AMS issues.
I too do not want to walk around looking like I have an erection!
My urologist says I’ll love a Titan! And that’s what I should get because my girth is 6”!
I don’t know what to do!
Last edited by ETGuy71 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diagnosed venous leak. Going with injections rather than implant for the time being.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:28 pm

ETGuy71 wrote:This is where I go crazy about the debate on which implant someone should get!
I’m scheduled for March 4.
We know Kramer puts in both Titan and AMS. But has been quoted on this site that he fixes more Titan issues!
Perito says online he will not put in anything but a Titan that he fixes more AMS issues.
I too do not want to walk around looking like I have an erectio!
My urologist says I’ll love a Titan! And that’s what I should get because my girth is 6”!
I don’t know what to do!

Two years ago, Dr. Eid told me that (unless there are other predetermining factors such as severe Peyronie's Disease) he chooses the device AFTER the patient is opened up and he has a chance to examine the condition of the Tunica Albuginea and Corpus Cavernosum. Whether he implants a Tunica Dependent or Tunica Independent device is determined at that time.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

MikeAN

Postby MikeAN » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:42 pm

If you have girth, a Titan is best. Kramer does both AMS and Coloplast but leans more towards AMS
1950. Implanted November 1st 2017 by Dr Andrew Kramer with Titian 22cm + 2cm RTE. Pump relocated and replace with Classic pump Jan. 24th, 2018. Pump failure 12/18, Replaced 2/13/19 by Dr Kramer. Revision by Dr Clavell, Feb 28, 2024.

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:54 pm

I find it a little irresponsible for a urologist to say you will love the Titian. I do ifind it responsible for the Doc to say l believe this is the best implant for you. Or considering what is going on with you this is probably your best option. If your were not in love with you dick when it was operating at 100 percent your probably not going to be in love with your implanted dick. Always/ almost always you lose something in the implant process.

My desire is to have a dick that works reasonably well and does not hurt. If my dick is the only factor that needs to be considered when pleasing my wife/ partner then someone needs to explain that to me. I have many tools physicals and emotional to use when pleasing my partner. If I only use my dick we both lose in the sexual experience. If my dick did not work at all I can still please my partner and feel good about it.
As far as hardness goes by the time we hit our mid fifty, probably before, the implant should be harder than anything we could produce on our own as a healthy male.

Just my opinion,

Maverick
59 years old. Forth revision 10/2021
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:05 pm

Maverick2dog wrote:I find it a little irresponsible for a urologist to say you will love the Titian. I do ifind it responsible for the Doc to say l believe this is the best implant for you. Or considering what is going on with you this is probably your best option. If your were not in love with you dick when it was operating at 100 percent your probably not going to be in love with your implanted dick. Always/ almost always you lose something in the implant process.

My desire is to have a dick that works reasonably well and does not hurt. If my dick is the only factor that needs to be considered when pleasing my wife/ partner then someone needs to explain that to me. I have many tools physicals and emotional to use when pleasing my partner. If I only use my dick we both lose in the sexual experience. If my dick did not work at all I can still please my partner and feel good about it.
As far as hardness goes by the time we hit our mid fifty, probably before, the implant should be harder than anything we could produce on our own as a healthy male.

Just my opinion,

Maverick

I agree with every detail of what you said except that (in my experience, with my dick) my implanted penis is more rigid than anything my body EVER produced on my own. (At least as far as I can remember, back some 55 years).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Lost sheep,

In my youth my dick so hard it hurt. Let’s call it hardwood. But never as hard as with implant and most certainly not as consistent!
59 years old. Forth revision 10/2021
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Maverick2dog wrote:Lost sheep,

In my youth my dick so hard it hurt. Let’s call it hardwood. But never as hard as with implant and most certainly not as consistent!

My erections were so hard I could not urinate! A major problem in the mornings, if I had an erection in combination with a full bladder. I had two choices: masturbate to make the erection go down (distracted by the bladder, this was difficult) or think non-sexual and non-penile thoughts to make the erection go away (which is difficult when the erection is staring and screaming at me).

It was a pain in the ass. Though, I don't remember my erection actually HURTING, it did STRAIN quite a bit.

Now, I can pee and have an extreme erection at the same time (though peeing with the erection is about half the flow as without the erection). The erection, however, seems just as rigid as ever.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Tunica dependant is Titan. Tunica independent is AMS.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:54 pm

can anyone explain the comparisons of the girth between the CX and Titan. I was told that if you compare the Titan and the CX side by side the Titan may have more girth. My dr told me, IF I UNDERSTOOD HIM CORRECTLY, the amount of girth that you will get either between the CX or Titan is only what your anatomy (dick) will allow. Another words if your girth is 6 inches regardless if the Titan or CX can expand to more than 6", your only going to get 6 inches if that's all your body will allow.... Comments?
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:03 pm

DougAnd wrote:Tunica dependant is Titan. Tunica independent is AMS.

Thanks, DougAnd. I have a vague idea of what that means:

The AMS devices expand up to the limit of the material of which they are made (the structure is a Dacron weave; Dacron fibers are not stretchy and once inflated to the limit of the cloth, do not expand further) so, can be used in a patient with a compromised Tunica Albuginea. So, such a patient's maximum girth will be limited by the diameter of the implant's tubes rather than the maximum potential of his anatomy (whichever is the lesser, of course).

The Coloplast devices are made of a proprietary material called "Bioflex" which is stretchy and depends of pressing out to the limits of the Tunica Albuginea (which must be intact and healthy in order for this to work effectively). Thus, girth is unlimited by the device, but only limited by the patient's anatomy. That is, he will get all the girth possible in his penis.

More than that, and what sorts of compromises a Tunica might have or other considerations, I do not know.

Can you tell us more?

Thanks for sharing. Citations from medical journals are especially appreciated. I did not provide any here because I do not have my research available at the moment, but will insert them by edit when I can get to them.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”