Sore Scrotum / Low Pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RJ1000

Sore Scrotum / Low Pump

Postby RJ1000 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:21 pm

I am now post-op day 29 with a sore scrotum. It would assume this to be quite normal but I don't read many posts by my fellow bionic brothers mentioning this. The majority of my scrotum is more or less normal color now but the bottom third is rather purple and sore. Underwear (or my thigh) rubbing on those spots are not comfortable so I use a jock strap for protection from rubbing, not for support. To be clear, the discomfort is only due to rubbing or touching. There is no, or perhaps only minor, discomfort when I am still.

I was given the green light to activate my implant two weeks ago so pressing on the pump bulb may be contributing to the scrotal soreness in that area.

My question is how long should I expect this soreness to last?

And related to this question is my AMS pump which sits very low in my scrotum. In fact the pump bulb rests directly on the bottom of my scrotum. Is this the typical location? Since it is so low perhaps it rubs inside the scrotum causing some irritation and discomfort which over time I assume will go away. The bulb location does make it easy to access though!

As always, thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions!
Age 66. ED caused by Peyronie's with hourglass deformity 2016. Prostate Surgery 2017 and now cancer free. Implanted Jan/2019 by Dr. Kramer. AMS-700-CX (21.0 cm with 0.5 RTE).

GruffHunter

Re: Sore Scrotum / Low Pump

Postby GruffHunter » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:43 pm

One thing this site has made very clear to me is that every doctor has their own approach, and in spite of similar 'themes,' our experiences are all highly variable.

In addition to a different doctor, I had a Titan, not an AMS, so that adds to the differences. I will tell you this:

1) I had NO scrotal swelling or discoloration at all, even from day one.
2) My pump lies in the bottom of my scrotum (as you described)
3) My doctor is not letting me inflate/deflate for the first time until more than FIFTY DAYS (7 weeks) after my implant.
4) At Two weeks, he deflated me (he had sent me home pumped up), and at the time it hurt like hell.
5) Right now I am 38 days post-op (5+ weeks), and while I haven't inflated/deflated, I have felt around down there and squeezed a little just to see how it feels, and there's no pain at all.

It sounds like my Doc approaches this from a "Heal 100%, and then we play" perspective, and yours is saying "The sooner the better, even if therre's extended irritation."
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

RJ1000

Postby RJ1000 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Hi Gruff, Thanks for the quick reply. You are right, your doctor's approach is very different from mine. As you said though, on this list we read of many different approaches to implant activation but in the end everything tends to work out well for most of us!
Age 66. ED caused by Peyronie's with hourglass deformity 2016. Prostate Surgery 2017 and now cancer free. Implanted Jan/2019 by Dr. Kramer. AMS-700-CX (21.0 cm with 0.5 RTE).

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:41 pm

I'm a bit over 3 weeks post-op and luckily, I had no scrotal swelling even with scrotal surgery.
I've been activating for 5 or 6 days and it's going all right except for the damned AMS pump that is like a rock until I heat it up. I'm up to 30 pumps (not all with bulb full) and it would work for sex.
I don't have much time to waste and plan to "use" it this Friday.
I'll ask my wife to be gentle with me.
She butchers the language and calls genitals "gentles" lol.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:01 pm

Completely normal. Should clear up soon. Hot baths do wonders for your discomfort.

Return to “Implants”