Rock Bottom

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: Rock Bottom

Postby DougAnd » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Defiant,
No easy answers. It is a mental fight to the finish.
At your age and in a perfect world I would have gone to Eid if I wanted more girth and Kramer for a softer feel.
A good fit means less revisions both of these will give you that. But it's still a roll of the dice.
Good luck
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:32 pm

I read a lot of these very supportive comments. Thank you to you all. I hope if I can get through this I can reach out and help other guys as you all have helped me.
With all that said I think about my fears of going through with this procedure alone...… I can honestly tell you this, and I think defiant will agree...…. that a BIG part of my fear and anxiety would be GONE and this decision would be so much easier IF I was married or had a gf by myside, with her knowing and accepting what our intimacy will be like. That would actually probably motivate me, knowing she wants this too..... please keep the support coming guys. I feel for him ..
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:40 pm

After my wife sat in my appt with uros #2 and #3 she thought an implant was a bad idea. I'm still glad I got it in spite of the problems.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:50 pm

DougAnd wrote:After my wife sat in my appt with uros #2 and #3 she thought an implant was a bad idea. I'm still glad I got it in spite of the problems.

Thats interesting. What did have to lose? Good for you though, for making the right choice
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

MyImplant

Postby MyImplant » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:51 pm

As maybe the oldest guy in this group I will give you another perspective.

Because there is no"going back" you need to be reasonably sure that an effective sex life has ended for you. But once you have concluded that you really have no other choice except for this one poor option... using a sex toy that does not require an erection. But this does not address the real issue which is the pleasure making love to your partner. So I think once you are convinced that there will no improvement your only effective option is the implant.

Now you can moan and weep "oh me life has dealt me a mortal blow. Life is unfair" etc. Piles of self pity.

WELL I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU..
I think the implant is so good i would have considered getting one even if I did not need it. In fact that is somewhat true for me. When I got my implant I could still manage an erection with some difficulty. I could still orgasm but had trouble doing it with a woman to help her to her own orgasm.

I took the chance, knowing I may be making a huge irreversible mistake, so that I can just fuck my brains out without my mental blocks etc.

I am so happy with my implants I actually thought I would have promoted my sons to get one even though they did not needed. It is that good.. So from my view point all of your concerns are not really going to materialize. By now you have learned on this site that you can be an honest to god fucking machine. Your worry that a woman might reject you is bullshit. The opposite will be true. You can give her unbelievable orgasms that few nonimplanted men can. You will he "The Man!".

Of course there are risks that you take which if they happen makes the decision a bad one. But the odds of them are fairly remote and I obviously was willing to throw the dice.

MY POINT… quit the bitching and think positively. This will probably turn out such that you will think you died and went to heaven. Why did you wait so long? In my case I am glad I had the ED problems.. They led me to the implant. I am much better off now that when I have a fully functionally dick. Then I was worried about premature ejaculation, stamina, dick size, did I have a bulge etc. Now my dick is bigger, harder, and my self esteem is through the roof. Thank god I had ED. It was my catapult to a more intense sex life.

Yeah I know.. Shit happens.. But the odds are in favor . DO IT!
AMS 700 LGX 19 CM (15CM + 4CM RTE) Sept 2009 by Dr. Neil Baum (erect 7.25 BPL to tip Girth 5 1/4" Replaced by Dr. Hellstrum 8/17/18 with Titan 22 CM + 1 CM RTE. Now 8 1/4' BPEL side to tip, 5 7/8" girth midshaft and 7+" at base.

antelope

Postby antelope » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:13 pm

Defiant:

Let me ask you some questions:

Do you want to go though the rest of your life with a limp dick? If no, then:

Have you consulted a urologist about the possible causes and available remedies IN YOUR CASE? If no, then:

GET YOUR ASS TO THE DOCTOR.

If you HAVE been to a urologist and don't like what she is telling you: FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR.

This site is invaluable because real guys are telling each other how it really is without any filter but yet maintaining a digital veneer of privacy. It just doesn't get better than that. However, all we can do is share our experiences and give advice. SOLUTIONS come from medical professionals.

All that being said, other than mechanical devices such as pumps and cock rings, the three levels of ED treatment are Pills, Shots, and Implants. Common sense says start with the least invasive and move on to the more invasive. If pills don't work, buck up the courage to try the shots, knowing that it may take some experimentation to find the right formula and the right dosage of said formula. Hate the idea of shots? Do you hate living with a limp dick more?

If shots don't work, then it's time to talk implant. Hate the idea of surgery on your favorite body part? Do you hate living with a limp dick more?

I've had 10 good years of erections using Trimix and I expect/hope for many more. But I can assure you that the day the shots stop working, I'll be knocking on the door of the urology clinic with a pamphlet on implants.

While age certainly affects perspective, limp dicks all look the same. No one wants one.

Here's to hard times. Make a decision; get it done; do it well.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Naples

Postby Naples » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:31 pm

I remember going to the urologist to see what can be done about my ED. He started talking about shots I didn’t think I could do that. I ended up trying it it worked poorly not very good results. When I first went to him he mentioned we may have to go to an implant. My thought was no way I could not imagine going through that. Well, I got my implant January 7. Still recovering but so far so good. It is not an easy decision nor is it easy to go through. However this website made it doable for me. This is a decision that only you can make. Good luck and do a lot of research on this website. I agree there were a lot of posts regarding revisions that concerned me as well. But I have really had no choice if I wanted to have sex again. So at some point you most likely will decide to go for it. When that time comes come back to the site and post your experience and you will get a lot of feedback that will help
54 ED, tried it all for last two years, was scheduled for titan implant Dec 11,2017. Insurance problems got approval finally. Implanted January 7, 2019, in Oklahoma City

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:12 pm

Naples wrote:I remember going to the urologist to see what can be done about my ED. He started talking about shots I didn’t think I could do that. I ended up trying it it worked poorly not very good results. When I first went to him he mentioned we may have to go to an implant. My thought was no way I could not imagine going through that. Well, I got my implant January 7. Still recovering but so far so good. It is not an easy decision nor is it easy to go through. However this website made it doable for me. This is a decision that only you can make. Good luck and do a lot of research on this website. I agree there were a lot of posts regarding revisions that concerned me as well. But I have really had no choice if I wanted to have sex again. So at some point you most likely will decide to go for it. When that time comes come back to the site and post your experience and you will get a lot of feedback that will help

How do you like your Titan? any reason why the CX was not a choice? Im looking at both. Ive got a curve. LGX probably would not work

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:25 am

needhelp wrote:
Naples wrote:I remember going to the urologist to see what can be done about my ED. He started talking about shots I didn’t think I could do that. I ended up trying it it worked poorly not very good results. When I first went to him he mentioned we may have to go to an implant. My thought was no way I could not imagine going through that. Well, I got my implant January 7. Still recovering but so far so good. It is not an easy decision nor is it easy to go through. However this website made it doable for me. This is a decision that only you can make. Good luck and do a lot of research on this website. I agree there were a lot of posts regarding revisions that concerned me as well. But I have really had no choice if I wanted to have sex again. So at some point you most likely will decide to go for it. When that time comes come back to the site and post your experience and you will get a lot of feedback that will help

How do you like your Titan? any reason why the CX was not a choice? Im looking at both. Ive got a curve. LGX probably would not work

The Titan is for guys with above average penises (greater than 6" flaccid) or severe Peyronie's :)

Larry

Jamesmj

Postby Jamesmj » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:38 am

Defiant,

Surgery is not for all and it is a very personal decision. With this said, there are so many stories of guys here which have jumped straight from depression to recovering their lives after getting the implant.

Things can go wrong, yes. But things can also go fine and give you back your sex life. My only concern in regards to revisions is the money. Better models and technology are yet to come, Surgeons will be more and more experienced, this can only get better in the future.
An implant will not push a partner away, an ED dick and depression will.

This fix is not only for people who got their prostate removed. This fix is for anyone who cannot sustain an erection good enough to penetrate and that other treatments are not working or are not suitable for them.

I think the decision is not between getting an implant or not. In my case the options were: can I live with limp sex or do I want a chance to maybe fix it. For me it was easy, if it didn’t work, I would still be back to where I started. It was not easy though, it took me years to reach to the break point where I couldn’t take it anymore.

Don’t be sad. There is a solution for your problem! And there is no rush, take all the time you need to decide whether this solution is the right one for you.
James. 38 yo. Lifetime ED. Tried pills, injections, and therapy.
Implanted 03/29/18 Titan 22cm with Dr. Eid

Return to “Implants”