Anyone had pump repositioned

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ruktitan

Anyone had pump repositioned

Postby Ruktitan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Inrerested to know how easy or hard it was to have the pump repositioned. After my revision my pump is now laying flat and the bulb sticks out forwards. Unable to pull and reposition it.
Surgeon warned it is risky to move it due to infection risk.
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

mr.skin

Re: Anyone had pump repositioned

Postby mr.skin » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:51 pm

Cant help but how are you ? Is your revision undersized as well, or did the tips settle in the glans ?

hope the best.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:04 pm

While my pump is positioned towards the back of my scrotum, it is a little bit right of center.....this slightly pushes things to the left and a little forward to that my sack is a bit uneven....this is all very minor and does not affect functionality......I had a procedure about 3 weeks ago to add an RTE to my left side to equalize the cylinders....I asked Dr. Eid if he could reposition my pump while he had me open.....he said that it's involved & difficult, and if it's a minor thing to me, that I'm better off leaving it the way it is.....
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:53 pm

Hey. Thanks for the replies. Revision was done december 11th and my 2 week follow up appointment was cancelled twice. I had to make a complaint to get seen.
My glans is still quite floppy but they said theres no more space to put more cylinders and a glansplexy might be the next option. (They also told me that the first time, before they upsized me 2cm).
And now i have a new problem of a transverse pump. It basically lies flat so the release button and pump are level. Sits infront of my balls and sticks out. I really want to have this moved as its so obvious! Being a single young guy this is a major issue.
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:55 pm

Xomanow wrote:While my pump is positioned towards the back of my scrotum, it is a little bit right of center.....this slightly pushes things to the left and a little forward to that my sack is a bit uneven....this is all very minor and does not affect functionality......I had a procedure about 3 weeks ago to add an RTE to my left side to equalize the cylinders....I asked Dr. Eid if he could reposition my pump while he had me open.....he said that it's involved & difficult, and if it's a minor thing to me, that I'm better off leaving it the way it is.....

How is the healing with just an RTE extension? I would like to suggest this to maybe stop the floppy glans.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Not good news. Who was your surgeon? Same guy both times?
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:37 pm

Ruktitan wrote:Inrerested to know how easy or hard it was to have the pump repositioned. After my revision my pump is now laying flat and the bulb sticks out forwards. Unable to pull and reposition it.
Surgeon warned it is risky to move it due to infection risk.

Hey Ruktitian, while the revision on my Tition was because the tubing was coming through the tissue, I also had them relocate the pump. It was located right about the base of the penis and I had it moved to the rear of my left testical.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

kosh200

Postby kosh200 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:56 pm

I had my implant surgery on 9/6. After what was referred to as “wound repair” due to fluid coming to the surface , my MD found a Tract that lead to my pump and the fluid was following it up. He moved the pump to a pristine location. And doused me with antibiotics.

Before the move, the pump sat in front of my left testicle. It was awkward to pump and drain with my left hand as I am right hand dominant. Also, it was in front. Very noticeable.

He moved it behind my right testicle. Much easier to pump/deflate... it is much less conspicuous and I highly recommend it for a single guy because the testicle is in front

I did have an issue a few weeks ago and called my MD about it. The pump had been on the other side so long that scar tissue grew around it and the MD left that in there. I don’t know why he didn’t remove it. But I do have a small bulge where the pump used to be.

Also, due to the pump movement, I now have tubes that protrude onto the underside of the base of my pen is from my scrotum when pumped. A stiff price to pay, but I don’t mind as of right now.

I was in the hospital for one night due to this procedure and I was pain free in about a week and a half. The pump needs to get used to it’s new spot. Only used pain pills on the first night.

Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

Return to “Implants”