Any ideas on how to post a link, Also any comments on drains

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SW0110

Any ideas on how to post a link, Also any comments on drains

Postby SW0110 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:16 pm

Not sure if it would be helpful, but when I was googling penile implant surgery drains, I found an article from www.issm.info reviews and reports which goes over pretty much the whole implant thing. It is the first time I saw it. It covers just about everything. It was titled

Avoiding complications in Penile Prosthesis surgery issm. It was dated Dec 2011 so it is a bit dated, but I will be a lot of docs are using something like it.

Also, the surgeon I am choosing for my implant in March tells me he uses a drain. Everything I can find says it is surgeon preference. He prefers to use it and get as much out of the scrotum as he can in the first day. Has anyone had any issues with it.

I have been researching the implant, now just looking at the drain and post op stuff.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Lost Sheep

Re: Any ideas on how to post a link, Also any comments on drains

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:32 pm

Once you have the URL of any site on the web, you can add it to any post. The FrankTalk forum will surround it with the markers to make it a link.

So, when I post " h t t p s: / / w w w .franktalk.org " (if I do not include the spaces) you get a link, like this

https://www.franktalk.org

Go ahead and start to reply to this post with quoting and you will see exactly what I typed without the programmatic/automatic formatting.

You can bail out on posting the reply by hitting the "back" button in your browser, or closing the browser window.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:55 am

SW0110 wrote:Not sure if it would be helpful, but when I was googling penile implant surgery drains, I found an article from http://www.issm.info reviews and reports which goes over pretty much the whole implant thing. It is the first time I saw it. It covers just about everything. It was titled

Avoiding complications in Penile Prosthesis surgery issm. It was dated Dec 2011 so it is a bit dated, but I will be a lot of docs are using something like it.

Also, the surgeon I am choosing for my implant in March tells me he uses a drain. Everything I can find says it is surgeon preference. He prefers to use it and get as much out of the scrotum as he can in the first day. Has anyone had any issues with it.

I have been researching the implant, now just looking at the drain and post op stuff.

My surgeon also uses a drain... he gets great results out of it. :)

Larry

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:22 pm

I just saw very little here on drains. my doc just said he prefers it for the first day. He said it helps get rid of some of the fluid build up. Everything I read says doc preference but makes no difference if one is not used. Who the F knows.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”