Scheduled for March 7th

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SW0110

Scheduled for March 7th

Postby SW0110 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:01 pm

Well if all goes well, I will be getting mine on March 7th. I have LUPUS, and a pretty invasive prior stomache surgery so he wants to keep me overnight just to see that all is going well. Autoimmune stuff is weird to deal with for sure. I just got off the phone with the doc, and although he is not a high volume implanter, he is doing pretty well. He said he was starting to average 2 to 3 a week for the past couple months so business is looking up. No pun intended. When I saw him last in Nov., he was around 75 a year.

He said he does put in a drain, and is doing the scrotal incision. Both come out before I leave hospital to go home. Titan is going in. He will have more than enough sizes on hand he says to make sure that I get the correct one. He always tries on using no rtes. He did three this week. One had none, one had 1, and 1 had 2, so go figure. He said it has more to do with my body, but if he does not need them, he will not use them.

I have to say I beat the size issue to death with him, and he did tell me if I wanted a good approximation of my post implant size. (Have not seen this on here before), but he told me to get in the shower, relax, hot water, and then do the stretch test. Give it a good tug and that should be pretty close to the size you will have after you get over the recovery period. I was at 6.25 with a bone press wood ruler, so will see. Then over the next year size should increase if your body has the ability to do so. He said if I was regularly at 7, I should get back to that length over time. Limiting factor for me will be the peyronies plaque. If I get around 6, I think me and the wife will be good.

He does not recommend cycling the first week, but does say if you are able to do so anytime after week 2 is fine, but to keep it partially inflated for the first 4 weeks. His stitches dissolve so no worry about removing them. He sees you for a follow up at week 2 and 4. If you are willing to cycle at week 2 , and scrotum is fine, he will show you how to do so, otherwise you go through that at week 4. All in all, I will keep my fingers crossed and see how it goes. He is having some patients of his call me, so that is something. He said he will find a couple with good outcomes and those who may have had not so clear sailing.

Only monkey wrench will be insurance issues, but according to my BCBS plan, ED is covered if due to a medical reason and a venous leak is definitely a medical reason. Get this done and no more traction, pills, etc. Cannot wait.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Xomanow

Re: Scheduled for March 7th

Postby Xomanow » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:46 pm

It sounds good.....and your doc sounds like he's from the Dr. Eid school of implant procedure......
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:20 pm

Xomanow wrote:It sounds good.....and your doc sounds like he's from the Dr. Eid school of implant procedure......

My thoughts exactly. This is pretty much what my process has been/is (implanted Jan 7), and my Doc describes himself as a Disciple of Eid....
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:45 am

SWO110, that is awesome. My placement is on the 8th. my pre-op is on the 11th Feb. I'm originally from Northern KY, so good luck buddy.
Bumble
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:50 am

Bumble wrote:SWO110, that is awesome. My placement is on the 8th. my pre-op is on the 11th Feb. I'm originally from Northern KY, so good luck buddy.
Bumble

And, the race is on. First guy to get his dicky, sticky.... wins :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry

Return to “Implants”