Ihave a question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rusty3987

Ihave a question

Postby rusty3987 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:57 am

Ok 4 weeks after surgery ..have not cycled yet... penis is semi erected and now the head hurts alittle and feels a bit uncomfortable
and I do not see the doctor for 3 more weeks.. Is this to be expected?
Rusty coloplast implant installed 01/02/2019 71 years old married 52 years
had ed and Peyronie's

GruffHunter

Re: Ihave a question

Postby GruffHunter » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:05 am

Every Doctor has their own set of protocols, but yours sounds pretty similar to mine I was implanted Jan 7, and sent home 60% inflated with a Titan. I stayed that way for 2 weeks. Then he deflated me (I'm still semi-erect though) and sent me home for another 5 weeks with NO CYCLING. I know many guys are cycling by like day 3, but my doctor does NOT like that. He wants the tissues to largely heal before cycling begins. I see him on Feb 26 to start the cycling process...I would say the 'pain' I feel is a minor throb/ache in my dick and balls, but nothing unbearable and I'm going about my daily routine now.
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:14 am

GruffHunter wrote:Every Doctor has their own set of protocols, but yours sounds pretty similar to mine I was implanted Jan 7, and sent home 60% inflated with a Titan. I stayed that way for 2 weeks. Then he deflated me (I'm still semi-erect though) and sent me home for another 5 weeks with NO CYCLING. I know many guys are cycling by like day 3, but my doctor does NOT like that. He wants the tissues to largely heal before cycling begins. I see him on Feb 26 to start the cycling process...I would say the 'pain' I feel is a minor throb/ache in my dick and balls, but nothing unbearable and I'm going about my daily routine now.

Hey buddy... to the best of my knowledge, there is only one doctor saying it's ok to cycle on day 3. The one thing I have noticed is that most of the patients, that have commented on here, say that they are cleared to cycle on day 3 but they are still sore so they will wait a bit longer. I don't know when they actually did cycle. The other doctors that I spoke with say that early cycling is optimal BUT, they want the sutures and incision to heal. If you cycle too early, you risk tearing open the incision and possibly infection. I did the infection thing... not nice :)

Larry

George03

Postby George03 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:15 am

My Doc didn't have me cycle until 4 weeks post surgery. Most of the discomfort went away before activation, then had to get used to discomfort for a few weeks when cycling. Almost 4 months post activation now, only discomfort when leaving activated for a long time.
Prostate removal August 2017, AMS 700 LGX Implant August 2018 60's, generally good shape and health. PSA zero so far.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:29 am

George03 wrote:My Doc didn't have me cycle until 4 weeks post surgery. Most of the discomfort went away before activation, then had to get used to discomfort for a few weeks when cycling. Almost 4 months post activation now, only discomfort when leaving activated for a long time.

There is no doubt some discomfort or pain, depending on your pain tolerance post-op. Watch a video and you will see why. The difference is with most of us the pain/discomfort slowly reduces. Three things will help;
1. Time heals all wounds,
2. I can't stress enough the value of a nice hot bath,
3. Cycle. When your doctor says it's ok... get at it. The sooner you start cycling, the better.

For all incisions, Polysporin antibacterial ointment is recommended by every doctor I dealt with. :) ;) :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:40 am

All the above advice

UNLESS

You have elevated body temperature, your penis gets elevated temperature, redness, swelling, skin lesions, or a discharge from your urethra, especially if it smells bad.

Emergency room should be considered if any of those things happen. Call your doctor immediately. Better safe than sorry.

OK, having sounded all the alarms I can think of, your symptoms sound perfectly normal. However, if the pain is too much to bear, a visit to your surgeon to deflate a little bit might give some relief.

Don't worry. This sounds normal.

Be Happy.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”