MS Pump Question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RJ1000

MS Pump Question

Postby RJ1000 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:03 pm

When I push the deflate button on my brand new AMS700 MS pump I hear a hissing sound and my penis begins to deflate.

In order to fully deflate and then squeeze my penis a bit to get the last remaining liquid out of the cylinders, do I need to hold in the deflate button or that one time for 4-5 secs enough?

If only 4-5 seconds are needed, how much time to I have to finish the deflation or is the pump in a deflate mode until I push on the inflate bulb to hear a click and begin inflating?

Thanks in advance your help with my question.
Age 66. ED caused by Peyronie's with hourglass deformity 2016. Prostate Surgery 2017 and now cancer free. Implanted Jan/2019 by Dr. Kramer. AMS-700-CX (21.0 cm with 0.5 RTE).

MyImplant

Re: MS Pump Question

Postby MyImplant » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:22 pm

Great question. My big complaint is why the manufacturers do not extensively document all of this. It is a battle to get the story. the doctors often do not know themselves and the manufacturers leave it to the doctors. Hence the role of Ft.

I THINK the answer to your question is that once you reverse the direction of the value it stays in that position until you do something to reverse. Thus once you release the valve you should be able to further deflate without continuous button pushing. HOWEVER i am not sure and I am always fighting this problem.. So I am repeating the button depression while squeezing the crap out of my penis, Go figure.. So much for my advice. It sucks.
AMS 700 LGX 19 CM (15CM + 4CM RTE) Sept 2009 by Dr. Neil Baum (erect 7.25 BPL to tip Girth 5 1/4" Replaced by Dr. Hellstrum 8/17/18 with Titan 22 CM + 1 CM RTE. Now 8 1/4' BPEL side to tip, 5 7/8" girth midshaft and 7+" at base.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:45 pm

RJ1000 wrote:When I push the deflate button on my brand new AMS700 MS pump I hear a hissing sound and my penis begins to deflate.

In order to fully deflate and then squeeze my penis a bit to get the last remaining liquid out of the cylinders, do I need to hold in the deflate button or that one time for 4-5 secs enough?

If only 4-5 seconds are needed, how much time to I have to finish the deflation or is the pump in a deflate mode until I push on the inflate bulb to hear a click and begin inflating?

Thanks in advance your help with my question.

The thread "Operations of AMS" has a lot of discussion that addresses your question. (Search is your friend) Here is a link.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9564

My post was third on the thread and seems to have gotten good reviews further on, so I re-post it here. I also firmly believe I got it right.

The length of TIME you depress the deflate button is (despite the instructions of the AMS representative) is IRRELEVANT. The time you depress the button affects nothing. I can depress mine slightly and get deflation and never flip the valve such that deflation continues after release of the button. But If I flip the valve (by depressing fully such that I feel/hear the click of the flip), deflation can continue even after releasing the button.

Here is my original post (edited just a little, mostly for misspellings):

I have been experimenting with my late 2017 model AMS LGX's pump. The deflation valve (contrary to the instructions) does allow for partial deflation. The instructions say to hold the valve button down for a certain length of time .., 4 to 7 seconds ... to set the valve for deflation. NOT TRUE true (for my device).

My device's valve may be different-I do not have access to the engineering drawings, so if yours behaves differently maybe AMS changed something.

Here are my empirical observations and instructions to replicate my experimental findings:

Inflate to a partial erection. Press the valve as deeply as possible and feel for a click. (The click may be covered up by the turbulent vibration of deflating from a fully pumped state.)

That click, I surmise, is the valve "setting" (or flipping) itself to deflation mode.

If you depress the button only partway, you can stop deflation at any point and NOT have to deflate fully.

In any event, even if you do "set" the valve to deflate mode, you don't have to deflate fully to re-initiate inflation. From a partially deflated state, you just pump the bulb again as if from a fully deflated state and reset the valve for inflation. That is, you can initiate inflation from any state - fully deflated, a little bit deflated, half deflated, or nearly full.

So, the short answer to the original question is, you can partially deflate an
AMS device (at least, I can, with mine) simply by partially depressing the deflate button ONLY PARTWAY DEPRESSED. Releasing the button stops the deflation and leaves you in a partially inflated state with the valve still set to continue inflation.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:31 pm

RJ1000 wrote:When I push the deflate button on my brand new AMS700 MS pump I hear a hissing sound and my penis begins to deflate.
I feel (more than hear) a vibration (rather than a hissing). This could just be a matter of what words we choose to use. Or our valves may be different. I think the former rather than the latter.
RJ1000 wrote:In order to fully deflate and then squeeze my penis a bit to get the last remaining liquid out of the cylinders, do I need to hold in the deflate button or that one time for 4-5 secs enough?
Once my valve is in deflate mode (and flipped to stay in that mode) the implant cylinders (and my penis along with them) will continue to deflate until the pressure in the reservoir equals the pressure in the implant. Further deflation requires a squeeze of the implant (my penis). Simple hydraulics, that.

RJ1000 wrote:If only 4-5 seconds are needed, how much time to I have to finish the deflation or is the pump in a deflate mode until I push on the inflate bulb to hear a click and begin inflating?
As I posted earlier, the time factor is irrelevant. The depth of the depressing of the deflate button is the governing factor.

I add that the flipping of the valve back to inflate mode from deflate mode is accomplished by squeezing the inflate bulb (speed of the squeeze does not seem to matter with mine. If the first squeeze is not sudden enough (sharp or fast enough), the second squeeze always results in the sought-after "pop" or,"break" as some have described it. I call it the "sudden collapse" of the inflation bulb. Then each squeeze of the bulb sends the saline solution fluid into the implant.

RJ1000 wrote:Thanks in advance your help with my question.

You are most welcome.

Welcome to the "Bionic Brotherhood" (though, stickler that I am, "Bionic" usually implies some electronics, which we do not have). ;)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Yeah but hydraulic brotherhood sounds odd. :lol:
I had so much trouble with my first pump. Not now! Like lost sheep said after you click buzz set your valve to release pressure you do not need to hold down the button to squeeze out every drop. But I do anyway.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”