surgical excuses for your implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oldbeek

Re: surgical excuses for your implant

Postby oldbeek » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Dr Goldstein is no spring chicken, so your Dr must be very experienced. A little overhang over the tool shed should help with the concealment, with a smock. At 1 week binding it in place will be very uncomfortable. David Archy briefs, (amazon) does not hold it in but does have a larger pouch and made of bamboo cloth is like silk. My most comfortable briefs. Good luck with your healing.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:02 pm

I've always called it "urological surgery," and no one wanted any more details than that. :)

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:13 pm

Bumble wrote:I stand for vast majority of my work but understand why you brought that up. I also have a decent size pot belly so that ends up touch the pt shoulder more often than I'd like, but also learning how to work little farther away. so standing and bulge more concern to me especially after the surgery once i get back to work. Thanks for the suggestions on excuses and the clothing to help, gotta go buy a jock strap. I wear Duluth Trading, bull pen underwear, it has a pouch, as my wife says a package for your package! don't know if others wear that brand and if they recommend it or not. My doctor trained under Dr Goldstein in a fellowship from the Navy. As a retiree, I'm getting my surgery done at the Naval hospital.
Bumble.

When I left the hospital, I had a jock strap provided by them. I think a better grade (more compression/control) than most athletic supporters - not sure, though. Ask your surgeon what the hospital does. There are a LOT of details about your discharge that do not get addressed because the tendency is to focus on the pre-op, in-op and recovery care questions. Little detail about the discharge process and supplies.

If you find yourself leaning over more (as you stand/work further away from your patient) than you did in the past, you may find your back aching more than you did in the past. You have a little time to research (perhaps with a physical therapist) back strengthening exercises and back-saving postures or techniques if you haven't already. You could share the lessons you learned for yourself about that subject with your staff/assistants and write off the cost as a business expense, perhaps.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:14 pm

GruffHunter wrote:Loose clothing helps alot with the bulge, but you'll still have some awkward walking. My standard response was that i just had a hernia operation. People generally dont ask for specifics , and assume it was in your groin.

Thanks Gruff.
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:15 pm

David_R wrote:I've always called it "urological surgery," and no one wanted any more details than that. :)

thanks david
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:16 pm

DougAnd wrote:I said surgery below the belt. That generally shuts everyone up. The top two assumptions were hemorrhoids or a vasectomy.

Dougand, thanks i like the inside thoughts of those two choices

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:29 am

David_R wrote:I've always called it "urological surgery," and no one wanted any more details than that. :)

Yup, I always said "prostrate surgery"... nobody wanted to ask any further questions. . :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Just for fun I said penile implant a couple of times and got the weirdest looks
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:27 pm

I mentioned to my Dentist that I had an implant. He looked in my mouth and said, "What? Where? I don't see it."
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:31 pm

:lol:

Return to “Implants”