question 4 week after sugery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rusty3987

question 4 week after sugery

Postby rusty3987 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:32 pm

After 4 weeks i had a coloplast implant I have a semi erection since day one, the doctor says they leave some saline solution in the implant.
I returned a week later could not find the release vale (due to being sore) and went home with still a semi erection and returned again a week later the pump and valve has turned , could not return the penis to a complete flaccid stage. So my question is has anyone ever experienced the same?
Rusty coloplast implant installed 01/02/2019 71 years old married 52 years
had ed and Peyronie's

Lost Sheep

Re: question 4 week after sugery

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Yes, many, if not most or virtually all implantees are left for days or weeks in a partially inflated state, from 20% to 80%, depending on the surgeon's judgement.

Are you cleared to immerse yourself (as in a bathtub)? Warm baths give some relief, soften the implant and inflation bulb and permit you to feel around in your scrotum to determine where everything is and to loosen any adhesions or scar tissue before the formations become too "set" to loosen easily.

Four weeks post-op is longer than most I have heard about. Were there complications that might affect the timing of your beginning of cycling? (Your urologist or surgeon should be sufficiently transparent with you such that your concerns are allayed).

Do you have the contact information for your regional Coloplast Patient Liaison? They are often more responsive, helpful and informative than Doctors. They have more time and sometimes more information about actually operating the device, so are in position to be of better assistance to you.

Good luck.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:59 pm

I was 20 percent inflated, LGX. About 5 days after surgery I began to bleed stood in a hot shower for about 20 minutes and finally found the deflate button. A minor miracle for my pump placement. Keep trying you'll get it.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:27 pm

As you can see, we all have slightly different experiences. I was implanted on Jan 7 (18 days ago) with a Titan. Doc left it 60% inflated for two full weeks. He deflated most of it on day 15; since its a Titan, its still fairly rigid, and it still looks semi-erect. He told me to keep pulling down on the pump in my ballsack, but he doesn't want me to inflate or deflate for another four weeks...so I will be walking around at least 6 weeks total with a nice bulge in my sweats.
Last edited by GruffHunter on Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:36 pm

I was slightly inflated for first three days. Fourth day I started to cycle. Hot baths helped soften the pump and release valve. First 10days took percocet before going into tub. The worst was the release valve. Im at day 7 of cycling. This morning was the first day cycling with no pain meds. Went fine. Shaft never hurt just pressing the release valve.

Keep us informed.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Weazer

Postby Weazer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:57 pm

I am right at 4 weeks myself. My surgeon left me 50% inflated right after surgery but deflated me the next day. To tell you the truth, I could not tell much, if any, difference. I was given the OK to cycle at 2 weeks. I use a heating pad for at least 5 minutes before I start. It relaxes my scrotum so everything is easy to find. I keep the pad in place while I am inflated. I have found that when I am inflated really hard and press the deflate button the implant partially deflates on its own. I then need to push on the button and squeeze the implant to deflate it all the way. It almost always takes 2 or 3 trys to get it completely deflated. I have to press the button really hard and it is a little painful. Deflated my dick is still pointing at about 4 or 4:30 like I have a semi. What I have read here tells me it takes some time for the Titian to break in. After the first few days of cycling the pump was getting much easier and continues to do so and my angle of dangle is as well :lol: . The deflate button is better too but still a bitch. At my 2 week appointment when I was shown how to inflate and deflate I was given a keyring with a replica pump if you got one use it to help you find your button. It is a cylinder that is flat on both ends. I place my thumb and forefinger on the flat ends a squeeze like hell.

Hope this helps.
57, not married, Peyronies Disease in 2014, plication surgery 2016, failed, grafted in 2016, implant Dec. 27 2018. Titan 20cm +1RTE

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:05 pm

rusty3987 wrote:After 4 weeks i had a coloplast implant I have a semi erection since day one, the doctor says they leave some saline solution in the implant.
I returned a week later could not find the release vale (due to being sore) and went home with still a semi erection and returned again a week later the pump and valve has turned , could not return the penis to a complete flaccid stage. So my question is has anyone ever experienced the same?

Unfortunately, this is one of the downsides of the Titan. All 4 of the surgeons I spoke to said that they have heard that from average size guys with Titans. Above average guys have the weight to pull it down and not stick out. :(

Larry

rusty3987

Postby rusty3987 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Thanks for all the response... i was concerned about the semi erection after 4 weeks and the release button must be hidden , because i still have not found it
will try hot baths and see what goes...thanks guys
Rusty coloplast implant installed 01/02/2019 71 years old married 52 years
had ed and Peyronie's

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:31 pm

I am 6 inches and have had no problem with the Titan...inflate/deflate. It's just that SOMETIMES the release valve moves on me.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Return to “Implants”