Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mr stuby
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Re: Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

Postby Mr stuby » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:26 am

Vagabond is 100 percent correct on. Protocol to inflation ! No pain no gain!
74yr.old married 54yrs pc11/13 rad seed implants started ved 1/14 .implanted 11/20/2016 ams lgx 18+1 11 up 8 down 6 1/2 flaccid 7 5/8
local uro sanford health,

s. central N.D.
MIKE

$90,000Man
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:36 am

Re: Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

Postby $90,000Man » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:32 am

Thank you all for the responses, they are incredibly reassuring. I started bleeding again after cycling on day 3, but my dr isn't too concerned about it. Now, I just cycled for 30 minutes, for the fourth day and it does seem to already be straightening out. I'm particularly encouraged by Kosh going from 4.5 to 5.75! I am also at 4.5, so here goes nuthin.
54 yrs old. Very active. ED, off and on, starting 30 yrs ago. Married 18 yrs, 2 kids. Peyronies diagnosed 2 yrs ago. Implanted with Titan on 12/26/18, 10 distal, 13 proximal, 4cm RTE. Dr. Nguyen, Overland Park, KS.

Larry10625

Re: Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:28 am

$90,000Man wrote:Thank you all for the responses, they are incredibly reassuring. I started bleeding again after cycling on day 3, but my dr isn't too concerned about it. Now, I just cycled for 30 minutes, for the fourth day and it does seem to already be straightening out. I'm particularly encouraged by Kosh going from 4.5 to 5.75! I am also at 4.5, so here goes nuthin.



I can't imagine what any doctor would have a patient with fresh sutures cycle or mess in any way with the incision. You are kind of asking for the sutures to bust open and infection to grab hold. What do I know... I am not a surgeon... I am just a former patient that almost dies from septic shock from infection. :(

Larry

$90,000Man
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:36 am

Re: Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

Postby $90,000Man » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:18 pm

Sorry Larry, I wasn't very clear. I am 4 weeks post op, no visible sutures. The bleeding most likely came from irritation. Plus, I am on antibiotics, just in case. Anyway, the bleeding stopped pretty quickly.
54 yrs old. Very active. ED, off and on, starting 30 yrs ago. Married 18 yrs, 2 kids. Peyronies diagnosed 2 yrs ago. Implanted with Titan on 12/26/18, 10 distal, 13 proximal, 4cm RTE. Dr. Nguyen, Overland Park, KS.

smphead
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:51 am

Re: Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

Postby smphead » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:03 am

Vagabond127 wrote:I was told on FT to cycle 3x @ 40min. Or 2x @ 1hr. I chose the latter. But on discharge my dr wasn't so precise with actual minutes just what could be tolerated. Say for a example 20 minutes 4x a day. I still do 1hr twice day. The only thing he actually demands (assertively requests) is start on day 3 excluding day of surgery.

Hope I helped-vagabind


I thought not to cycle till 6 weeks after surgery.
40 y/o male Netherlands. ED due Propecia use. Currently using cialis.
Thinking about Penile Implant.

Larry10625

Re: Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:55 am

$90,000Man wrote:Sorry Larry, I wasn't very clear. I am 4 weeks post op, no visible sutures. The bleeding most likely came from irritation. Plus, I am on antibiotics, just in case. Anyway, the bleeding stopped pretty quickly.



oh, ok.. try cycling in a tub of water as hot as you can tolerate. :)

Larry

DougAnd
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:10 pm
Location: Melbourne, Florida

Re: Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

Postby DougAnd » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:30 pm

$90,000Man wrote:Hi all,

I am 4 weeks and a day out of surgery. Yesterday, my doctor inflated me for the first time and now, instead of curving upward (from Peyronies), it curves to the the right.

He told me not to be discouraged, that twice daily cycling will eventually help break down the residual scar tissue from healing and in turn lengthen it.

I knew, from reading this forum, that guys often increased their length over time. My question is if anyone has been in a similar situation with a curvature and how they fared.

Thanks!

Your question is a bit difficult to answer. At a younger age I curved upwards sometimes, when my erection started becoming softer the curving went away. but my implant was mismeasured so now I have a permanent curve to the left. The answer to your question will become obvious when you are flaccid. If you are still curved when fully deflated then the problem is in measurement. But if you only curve when inflated then the problem is scarring from surgery and that will probably go away soon .
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata Hopefully fixed by Dr Kramer 6/19/19

Lost Sheep
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:40 pm

smphead wrote:
Vagabond127 wrote:I was told on FT to cycle 3x @ 40min. Or 2x @ 1hr. I chose the latter. But on discharge my dr wasn't so precise with actual minutes just what could be tolerated. Say for a example 20 minutes 4x a day. I still do 1hr twice day. The only thing he actually demands (assertively requests) is start on day 3 excluding day of surgery.

Hope I helped-vagabind


I thought not to cycle till 6 weeks after surgery.

Depends partly on the surgeon (Dr Eid, by reports I have read has patients cycling in days, not weeks) and the individual particulars of the patient (how the surgery went, anatomical details, etc).

So, everyone will be different.

There was one study I read that tested "Early Activation" vs "No Early Activation" and found great benefit in early activation, but patient tolerance for the process created a very high dropout rate. That is, it is hard to do because it hurts!

Talk to you surgeon/urologist if you think you are ready to start cycling (without or with sexual activity) earlier than 6 weeks.
Lost Sheep
Born 1948 AMS LGX 18+3 implant Nov 6, 2017 by Dr Tavis Shaw. Spent 14 months researching in effort to optimize outcome. After 30 yrs of progressive unrecognized ED I will do this RIGHT; no second chance with one's first.
Anchorage AK, USA

Larry10625

Re: Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:13 pm

kosh200 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
$90,000Man wrote:Hi all,

I am 4 weeks and a day out of surgery. Yesterday, my doctor inflated me for the first time and now, instead of curving upward (from Peyronies), it curves to the the right.

He told me not to be discouraged, that twice daily cycling will eventually help break down the residual scar tissue from healing and in turn lengthen it.

I knew, from reading this forum, that guys often increased their length over time. My question is if anyone has been in a similar situation with a curvature and how they fared.

Thanks!



If you can, try cycling 3-5 times a day for 30 minutes each. :)

Larry


I have Peyronies and was implanted. I had a mild upward curve and to the left. Mostly had shortening from verapamil shots. Implanted on 9/6/18. At six week activation I was 4.5” length. I have been cycling every day for 1 hour ( usually around bedtime) I am now approaching 5 3/4” length.

Larry- the studies I have read about growth from cycling state to cycle between 1-2 hours a day. Do you feel it is more beneficial to divide this time up in half hours? And why? Thanks!



Hi Kosh;
Picture it like silly putty... When you stretch it out it goes out but quickly retracts. Do it again and it stays out a little more, an so on, and so on and so on. Dr. Brock told me that I should do it for at least half an hour and of course, like everything, the more you practice, the better it gets. I will ask Dr. Brock what he thinks about number of times and how long. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Re: Still Curving After Implant for Peyronies

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:20 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
smphead wrote:
Vagabond127 wrote:I was told on FT to cycle 3x @ 40min. Or 2x @ 1hr. I chose the latter. But on discharge my dr wasn't so precise with actual minutes just what could be tolerated. Say for a example 20 minutes 4x a day. I still do 1hr twice day. The only thing he actually demands (assertively requests) is start on day 3 excluding day of surgery.

Hope I helped-vagabind


I thought not to cycle till 6 weeks after surgery.

Depends partly on the surgeon (Dr Eid, by reports I have read has patients cycling in days, not weeks) and the individual particulars of the patient (how the surgery went, anatomical details, etc).

So, everyone will be different.

There was one study I read that tested "Early Activation" vs "No Early Activation" and found great benefit in early activation, but patient tolerance for the process created a very high dropout rate. That is, it is hard to do because it hurts!

Talk to you surgeon/urologist if you think you are ready to start cycling (without or with sexual activity) earlier than 6 weeks.



When I mentioned early activation to the other 3 of the 4, I was told they don't recommend it earlier than 10-15 days because if the danger of tearing sutures followed by infection. I know that myself, would never have considered touching anything down there in three days because it would have just hurt too much.

Larry


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GoodWood, Google [Bot], Lost Sheep and 11 guests