Questions on length and the value of VED pre op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
whostosay

Questions on length and the value of VED pre op

Postby whostosay » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Hi everyone. I’m a 61 year old male who underwent a prostatectomy in 2015, followed by radiation. I still have biochemical recurrence but the cancer has yet to disclose its new location.

Three years of ED and I use trimix but I am moving on to an implant.
I may have questions regarding brand and model but I’m not concerned with that at this point.

Questions regarding size. First here’s a bit more information:
After surgery, I lost length. Serious length for me or for anyone, as I wasn’t well endowed to begin with. The term wet noodle is accurate and I estimate I lost nearly 2 inches erect. My wife confirms and although I read where most seem to lose 3/8” or ½”, my loss is far more drastic.

The root cause doesn’t matter and what’s done is done. No point in looking back or debating it, nor am I interested in debating how much I lost. I lost length. So, question 1:

1) If I understand what I’ve read on this forum, length can be lost with an implant because doctors opt for a shorter one to avoid issues with the tips? Is this accurate with todays models and surgical techniques and if it is, what can I say to my surgeon, if anything to ensure selecting a shorter implant doesn’t happen? I certainly will discuss with the doctor(s), but would like input please.

VED – I used a pump following surgery and its fine for the hour following a session in terms of making my penis look and feel normal again in a flaccid state, but it’s only temporary and never resulted in any long-term improvement of girth or length. The next day I’m certainly back to abnormal. After 6 months of pumping, I stopped and only occasionally use the device now. That said I read that VED is essential pre-surgery to give as much gain as possible in length? Other comments say not so much. Some of these comments are 3 years old and reference a Dr. Eid and I think there are contradictory statements on his recommendations as well as others. But that may be because he recommended it at one point and now no longer does? So, question 2:

2) Is use of a VED a pre-requisite to surgery because you will restore your length lost in surgery?

3) Are there any recommendations on pumping by physicians within the past year?

4) Assuming the answer to Q2 is yes, how long do you pump prior to surgery? 1 month, 3?

I think I’ll start with these 4 questions which may lead to more. I thank you for your time and help.
Last edited by whostosay on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MARKOS2018

Re: Questions on length and the value of VED pre op

Postby MARKOS2018 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:26 pm

I would think that pumping with a VED is a personal decision. A doctor will or shouldn't advise a patient to pump since it may cause a problem for some.

When i was diagnosed with Peyronies and lost a lot of length and girth, my Urologist told me to take Vit E ? Well when i googled it and joined Peryronies forum they all recommended using the VED to maintain blood flow if anything.

So it was up to me to decide if i was going to pump or not. Of course i did buy the Augusta $$$ out of pocket pump: however, I did not use all the gadgets that came with it.

Dr. Eid pulled my dick out as far as he could, and said this is what you will get with an implant. I didn't know anything about implants but there was nothing else i could do to keep my length and girth. He told me i needed girth and the Titan was what i got. We are very happy with it.

At the present time, I am still using the VED and my doctor said it was okay to do it as long as i pump up the implant first. I am very careful and don't maintain the pressure that long either. It helps with the blood flow.

This is my case and i am only stating this so maybe it will answer some of your questions.

Fl
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Very valid questions.
Your flaccid stretch measurement is key. Pubic bone to tip.
The VED stretch will increase your flaccid stretch measurement.
I gained back 1 5/8 inches using vacuum therapy.
It took me 60 days. Get back what you want then schedule surgery.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Re: Value of VED pre op

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:04 pm

I did find this interesting article about pre-op vacuum preparation.

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

Easier for the surgeon.
Less loss of length
Less Pain post-op

Caveat: If you are not assiduous, don't even bother.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

whostosay

Postby whostosay » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:58 pm

Thank you for the responses and the PDF. I still have a lot of self educating to do but this was a great start.

Is there a list of terms available somewhere that I might study as well? I saw terms like RTE and peno-scrotal that I want to understand.

Again, thank you for taking the time.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:31 pm

whostosay wrote:Thank you for the responses and the PDF. I still have a lot of self educating to do but this was a great start.

Is there a list of terms available somewhere that I might study as well? I saw terms like RTE and peno-scrotal that I want to understand.

Again, thank you for taking the time.

The first thing I do when joining any forum is poke around for a few days (or weeks) and read. On FrankTalk, I took two weeks and read everything that looked interesting, dating back 2 1/2 years (some a bit more). It gave me a "feel" for the site and some background information for who is who and what is what.

In the "General Discussion" subforum there is a thread named "Acronym List". That might be what you seek.

Here is a link, though, if you are reading this post, it is only three clicks away.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9123

Now it is one click.

Welcome to FrankTalk.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:35 pm

RTE- rear tip extender they come in1/2 cm and 1 cm increments and go on the tail of each cylinder. Penescrotal means the implant is put in through the scrotum. The other method is infra pubic from right above your penis.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Just to add my 2 cents and that's about all it is worth. I have had peyronies for about 18 months. First year of that not sure what was going on. Did some research and scared me to death. Last summer I was about 5.5 somewhat erect with about 60 degree curve. Started traction and ved about 7 months ago. First of dec was stretching at over 6 and got pumped up to over 6.5 close to 6.75.,and totally filled up the 1.5 inch soma ved tube. I am still using it. In my best days I could bring 7 inches to playtime along with around over 5.5 girth.

Due to personal issues, stopped both traction and ved for about 5 weeks or so. Dropped back down to closer to 5.5 on sildenafi,l under 6 stretched and could not get back to 6.5 in the tube. For the past week I am back to traction and pump again. I am back to over 6 stretches, and not so hard I am going to pull it off, and passed the 6.5 mark on my tube.

Suffice to say for me it is helping. I stopped for a bit and got shorter but thankfully it came back pretty fast but I was worried. Oh my curve is right at 30 degrees now. I also have venous leak so if scheduling goes well I plan on getting a titan first week of March and hope for around a 20 cm one. I hope. I also found a dr who would prescribe pentox and my scarring is definitely smaller. At first it was pretty wide. It is noticeably narrower and longer. Stretching out probably.

Good luck to you.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

whostosay

Postby whostosay » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:06 pm

Thank you Lost Sheep. I've been on this site before (so long ago, I lost my login) and again recently before redoing the forum. I did search but silly me, was looking for details in the implant forum only. i've read several threads and so far bookmarked one other. Thank you for the link. Hope to not be a pain in the A#$ too much longer.

Thank you DougAnd. As way leads on to way, the RTE definition just makes me want to chase down literature that explains these decision processes that Physicians make, only in laymen terms. I would love to see a soup to nuts decision tree a physician would use. I'm not lazy, it's just how my brain is wired.

Thank you SW0110. I gave up a VED due to lack of long term results following surgery. I read the PDF Last Sheep attached and it convinced me that use of VED is worthwhile both pre and post surgery and 5 months of using it will be small potatoes. Your condition sounds very painful.

Return to “Implants”