Here I Go

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TheProfessor

Here I Go

Postby TheProfessor » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Implant tomorrow morning. All my mind can think is “What are you doing, fool?!” This forum has been great in helping get the nerve to do this. I’ll update when I can.
The Professor

RP July 2016
Gleason 3+4=7
Peyronies
AMS Implant March 2019

University Professor of History

radioradio

Re: Here I Go

Postby radioradio » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 pm

TheProfessor wrote:Implant tomorrow morning. All my mind can think is “What are you doing, fool?!” This forum has been great in helping get the nerve to do this. I’ll update when I can.

Wishing you the best. You’ll come out on the other end of this in a few weeks and be as happy as a pig in shit. At least that’s my prediction.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:44 pm

I agree that if you suffer from ED best thing is to get the three piece implant. You will be very happy. I know I have had two and I have liked both. I sure did not like it when I could not get an erection. I felt like it was the end of the world for me. Now I feel like a complete man. JMHO!

Good luck professor.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

TheProfessor

Postby TheProfessor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:49 am

Well, I got all hooked up to the IV, consulted with the anesthesiologist, and in walks my surgeon for the pre-op visit. Evidently, the AMS rep left for Florida and forgot to leave the implant at the hospital. Surgery had to be rescheduled.

My surgeon was beyond frustrated. We'll try again in a couple of months.

Time for a strong drink!

The Professor
The Professor

RP July 2016
Gleason 3+4=7
Peyronies
AMS Implant March 2019

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 am

TheProfessor wrote:Implant tomorrow morning. All my mind can think is “What are you doing, fool?!” This forum has been great in helping get the nerve to do this. I’ll update when I can.

All the best.. (I really hate saying good luck... luck has nothing to do with it).

You will do just fine and in a couple of months, you will easily be able to answer your own question....well "fool", you are getting a bionic dong so you can be a freakin sex machine for the rest of you life. :lol: :lol: :D :D :lol: :lol:

Larry

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:17 am

TheProfessor wrote:Well, I got all hooked up to the IV, consulted with the anesthesiologist, and in walks my surgeon for the pre-op visit. Evidently, the AMS rep left for Florida and forgot to leave the implant at the hospital. Surgery had to be rescheduled.

Time for a strong drink!

The Professor

That sucks! The rep has no excuse for this imo.

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:05 pm

What a bummer! Not to plant any seeds of doubt in your mind...but does this doc actually perform these implants often? I'm surprised he doesn't have a supply...
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:45 pm

TheProfessor wrote:Well, I got all hooked up to the IV, consulted with the anesthesiologist, and in walks my surgeon for the pre-op visit. Evidently, the AMS rep left for Florida and forgot to leave the implant at the hospital. Surgery had to be rescheduled.

Time for a strong drink!

The Professor

Who will defray the lost expenses of this mis-step? The AMS Rep or AMS itself? Surely you or your surgeon will not be left holding the bag? I expect the reserved operating room, supplies and the team add up to quite a few dollars.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:25 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:

Time for a strong drink!

The Professor

Who will defray the lost expenses of this mis-step? The AMS Rep or AMS itself? Surely you or your surgeon will not be left holding the bag? I expect the reserved operating room, supplies and the team add up to quite a few dollars.

That's BS... Now, when the Professor should be putting it to the real test, he will just be getting the surgery... What a crock. :x :x :x

Larry

TheProfessor

Postby TheProfessor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:08 pm

I hadn’t thought about that aspect of the situation, Larry. Now I’m really ticked!
The Professor

RP July 2016
Gleason 3+4=7
Peyronies
AMS Implant March 2019

Return to “Implants”