Implant Brand and Size

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Implant Brand and Size

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:55 pm

SW0110 wrote:I have been reading a bunch of studies on safely doing implants and recommended procedures and found one that specifically laid out the measurement. A non lengthening implant should be measured and placed .5 cm less than the total measurement. In the case of the AMS expandable implant, it was recommended that the implant total length be 2 cm less than the total measurement to give the implant a safe length to expand into. First time I saw that.

Please, PLEASE, post the link to the study (or post the publication name and issue number/date, or at least the title).

I read a study by Monague et al specifying a shorter implant than the inside measurement of the tunica. Article written in 2002.

Here is a link to the article
"Cylinder sizing: less is more"
DK Montague and KW Angermeier
http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v15/ ... ion_detail

Here is a citation for a different article that does seem to address your point about the difference capabilities of the LGX vs the other models from either maker:
Montague DK, Angermeier KW. Increasing size with penile implants. Curr Urol Rep. 2008;9:483–486. [PubMed]

Thank you for bringing this up. It is important to a good installation.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:

I read a study by Monague et al specifying a shorter implant than the inside measurement of the tunica. Article written in 2002.

DK Montague and KW An Curr Urol Rep. 2008;9:483–486.

These are old articles. Anything newer?
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:39 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
SW0110 wrote:I have been reading a bunch of studies on safely doing implants and recommended procedures and found one that specifically laid out the measurement. A non lengthening implant should be measured and placed .5 cm less than the total measurement. In the case of the AMS expandable implant, it was recommended that the implant total length be 2 cm less than the total measurement to give the implant a safe length to expand into. First time I saw that.

Please, PLEASE, post the link to the study (or post the publication name and issue number/date, or at least the title).

I think I found the article (thanks to your post that quoted the title exactly.
https://www.issm.info/news/reviews-repo ... s-surgery/

In it, I see the sentence:
All cylinders are sized to a sequence of 0.5 cm in length, it is preferable to implant a half centimeter shorter device instead of forcing the maximal length of the CC. The AMS Ultrex cylinder has length expansion ranging from 1 to 4 cm (mean 1.9 cm); the surgeon should take this fact into consideration and deduct the two centimeters from CC length measurement.

Leading me to believe that the 2cm deduction applies more to the Ultrex than to the models that replaced it. Having seen a picture of the "S Deformity" which the Ultrex was subject to, I think the reason the Ultrex was removed from the market is obvious. The LGX which replaced the Ultrex has a better track record.

Techniques of measurement have probably improved as well, and asking one's surgeon just how aggressively he measures and sizes is important.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:30 pm

I have a larger girthy cock. My doctor said that a Titan would be the only option for me that would achieve my natural size. For most men, I'm sure both are fine. I went to an AMS show and tell and couldn't believe how hard got when pumped up. I would like to see a Titan implant too.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

Lost Sheep

Can size be increased by inflatables?

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:53 pm

This 2017 paper suggests that size may be able to be increased by an inflatable prosthesis, but limits its conclusions about either patient satisfaction or external length.
http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script= ... en&tlng=en

The IPP does appear to provide some degree of tissue expansion over time, which challenges the common patient perception of penile shortening after IPP insertion. Additional evaluation is needed to evaluate whether increased cylinder length at the time of replacement increases patient satisfaction. Furthermore, the relationship between increased internal corporal length and external penile length remains to be established
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:48 pm

The article is dated 2011. It is out of date and ill-advised.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:52 pm

andrew1959nj wrote:I have a larger girthy cock. My doctor said that a Titan would be the only option for me that would achieve my natural size. For most men, I'm sure both are fine. I went to an AMS show and tell and couldn't believe how hard got when pumped up. I would like to see a Titan implant too.

What are your sizes (measured on top from pelvis bone to tip) You may have to push through a fat pad to hit bone.

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:08 pm

DougAnd wrote:The article is dated 2011. It is out of date and ill-advised.

Which article, specifically and in what features is it ill-advised? There is some dated information and a lot of good advise in it. We would not want to throw out the gold with the dross.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:45 am

One of these urls on this thread said that you should shorten your patient by the expected max length that the implant might eventually achieve. Wrong. Can you image being shorted 2 inches just because some a hole thinks you might be able to hurt yourself? What a senseless idiot. IQ180 CSQ zero.
He really needs to get the facts straight and find actual examples with real life percentages and facts before spouting off.
From my research the number one cause of distal erosion and penetration is uneven tip pressure, not measuring too long. If your tips are perfectly even, your glans not penetrated by dilation and your snake bites healed there will be no problems with erosion. At least that is what I'm seeing.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:02 pm

Doug, 10 days out and my snake bites have completely healed and closed.
My wife refused to suck the poison out also.

I can't tell if I am properly sized, but I know my doc was very careful measuring (from what he told me his plan was).
I really like the flaccid look and feel so far.
I can't tell if any fluid was left in the cylinders, but a doc did squeeze a lot out.

Funny, I have no sensation of the reservoir. The pain from the penetration to put it in also seems to be gone.
That really felt like what I'd imagine a hernia feels like.

My sutures were feeling very tight this morning. I put some Neosporine on them and they appear inflamed. I'll have to momitor that.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”