Implant Brand and Size

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
robertm

Implant Brand and Size

Postby robertm » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:04 pm

I read a lot of posts that suggest that the Titan is for larger men. However, I've seen testimonies in FT from "average" size men who have a Titan, say 4" to 6". Is there any correlation between penis size and the brand of implant that the patient or doctor will select? Are there any anatomical characteristics that would lead a doctor to say "you can't have a Titan"?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

DougAnd

Re: Implant Brand and Size

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Ask your your urologist for an ultrasound to check for scarring and plaque in your penis. If you have excessive scarring chances are good that a Titan won't fit. an AMS with RTES will accommodate up to about eight and a half inches. special order will handle nine. If your girth is now more than 5 inches and you want to keep that then Titan is your man.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:09 am

I asked my doctor that question and his answer was that size had nothing to do with what they used. He said that they do business with AMS products and that is what they use. I am longer then average at around eight right now and he used a AMS 700 LGX . My girth is around 5.8 and the LGX gets it as hard as a rock if I want to. Sex for me and my partner is not to fill it so hard. Make it more natural. But that is just our preference. Both Titan or AMS will do the job. Only difference is that AMS uses a latex material that stretches when you pump it up just like a balloon. :lol:
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

robertm

Postby robertm » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:29 am

DougAnd, not sure how to determine my girth now since I'm not getting erections. Never measured when everything was working.
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:42 pm

Size is only one factor in the decision over brand and model.

Existence of Peyronie's disease or scarring is also a major factor.

People have testified that Coloplast works better for girthier penises.

Dr. Eid told me that the condition of the tunica albuginea (which he can determine after opening up the patient during the operation) is a major determinant. The terms he used are, "tunica dependent" and "tunica independent".

Of course, a longer penis, just like a taller building, must have a higher "moment of inertia" (engineering term - look it up) than a shorter penis. Girth and stiffness of the implant's material affect this.

Trust you Doctor's opinion (unless he has a "cozy" relationship with one manufacturer or the other, in which case, get a second opinion). Ask, "under what circumstances would you implant which device (maker and model) and what factors go into that decision?" If he cannot or will not discuss this with you (or if you cannot understand his response) be wary.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:59 pm

I am 6 inches. Loved the characteristics of the Titan after MUCH research. I felt both AMS and Titan in person. I told Dr. Eid I wanted the Titan. And I asked him if I could do it with 6 inches and a pencil size dick. He immediately said yes. And no he was not pushing the Titan. He was fine with the AMS as well. A week after surgery I am very happy and the increased girth is more than I expected and Dr Eid told me I will still get slightly bigger!! So no. If you are average and like the characteristics of a Titan go for it!!
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

robertm

Postby robertm » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Vagabond, thanks for the info. Have you posted any picks in this forum? I'd be interested in seeing a Titan for someone who's about the same size as I am (6"). Thanks.

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Robert-PM me in a week. I'd be happy to.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm

R,
Buy a cheap vacuum device on amazon. Get a 2in tube. Lube up pump up wait 5 minutes and look. If your skin touches the tube then your girth is about 5 3/4 inches.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:50 pm

DougAnd wrote:R,
Buy a cheap vacuum device on amazon. Get a 2in tube. Lube up pump up wait 5 minutes and look. If your skin touches the tube then your girth is about 5 3/4 inches.

Or, if your penis DOES touch the sides BEFORE maximum size, get a larger tube and put a paper ring around your penis.

Cut a 5" long strip of paper and tape it into a circle at that size. Cut the strip so that if your penis tries to get larger than the paper, it will tear the strip. Put the paper around your flaccid penis. Pump up. If the strip tears, repeat the process with a longer strip.

--------------------------------------------------------------
...............! <make the cut like this, so symmetry is maintained in the paper strip
--------------------------------------------------------------
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”