27 years old - I’ll need so many replacements.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LeRoastBeef

Re: 27 years old - I’ll need so many replacements.

Postby LeRoastBeef » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Haha, problem with every 5 years is the probability of complications (over a life time) presumably goes up, and there may be a limit for how much trauma your penis can take. I don't know. Is there anyone here who had so many revisions that their tissue was no longer up to it?
Last edited by LeRoastBeef on Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:02 pm

I read about someone who had 7 revisions and barely any sensation left in his penis.

Not sure if on this site or another site, he had his first implantation in the late 70s (I guess 77).
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:20 pm

mr.skin wrote:I read about someone who had 7 revisions and barely any sensation left in his penis.

Not sure if on this site or another site, he had his first implantation in the late 70s (I guess 77).

While I agree that would totally suck, what choice did we all have?? :? :? :?

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:29 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
mr.skin wrote:I read about someone who had 7 revisions and barely any sensation left in his penis.

While I agree that would totally suck, what choice did we all have?? :? :? :?

Larry

We always have choices. After 7 revisions, he might choose celibacy or relying solely on cunnilingus/masturbation/toys to satisfy his partner. Or another implant.

As for me, having made the choice to implant once, I believe the choice to re-implant when this one fails will simply be an affirmation rather than a brand-new decision process. Much easier to make that leap the second time around. The main dilemma I would have is what model(s) to consider, especially if a new design becomes available (e.g. one that erects without fluid, like the temperature-responsive device mentioned in research a few months ago or one that erects by battery power instead of a scrotal pump - recharged by trans-cutaneous magnetism or operating remotely - perhaps smartphone controlled). Would I opt for newest technology or go with what I know works?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”