27 years old - I’ll need so many replacements.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Phoenix18

27 years old - I’ll need so many replacements.

Postby Phoenix18 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:01 am

Hello brothers!

I posted about my issue last time and sparked a debate about how females or indeed future partners will respond to an implant.

But this time I would like to know what you all think about a 27 year old’s prospects for the future are with an implant, with specific regard to replacements.

Say I live a full life - I’ll need what, 7 or 8 replacements, assuming each one lasts the commonly stated 8 to 15 years.

That’s a lot of surgeries that need to go perfectly. And then of course there’s the cost implication. In my county we have free healthcare but implants aren’t exactly a well known speciality so I would be inclined to go private for them.

Am I overworrying? Or am I too young to get an implant?

Thanks!
27 y.o | Diagnosed Venous Leakage | Pills no longer effective 100% | Anxiety high | Fearful of all that having an implant at a young age may entail

Aemill

Re: 27 years old - I’ll need so many replacements.

Postby Aemill » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:16 am

Hi,

I am young 24 and want to get implanted as well. I have several points to your question.

The longevity of an implant depends on its usage so if you have lower libido it is likely to last longer. Dr. Eid mentioned implantees with 20+ year old implants.

It is important to mention that these days implants last 8-15 years. In for example 20 years there will be advanced more durable materials providing better longevity. There will be also different ways of curing ED.

The minimum age for getting an implant is 18 years old I believe.
Born 1995, VL since 18, pills dont work, injections provide good 20 minute erection which hurts, implanted AMS CXR 14+6 due to fibrosis

Phoenix18

Postby Phoenix18 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:35 am

Aemill wrote:Hi,

I am young 24 and want to get implanted as well. I have several points to your question.

The longevity of an implant depends on its usage so if you have lower libido it is likely to last longer. Dr. Eid mentioned implantees with 20+ year old implants.

It is important to mention that these days implants last 8-15 years. In for example 20 years there will be advanced more durable materials providing better longevity. There will be also different ways of curing ED.

Thanks for your nice reply, man.

Well I’m young(ish) and objectively I believe quite good looking so I would hope to use it a lot.

I think if one is to hollow out their penis and get an implant, the only method of treatment going forward will be an implant. I don’t think they’ll be able to get implanted men back to ‘normal’ ever.

But I definitely agree on the advancement of implant material! Let’s hope and pray!
27 y.o | Diagnosed Venous Leakage | Pills no longer effective 100% | Anxiety high | Fearful of all that having an implant at a young age may entail

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:53 am

Phoenix18 wrote:
Aemill wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your nice reply, man.

Well I’m young(ish) and objectively I believe quite good looking so I would hope to use it a lot.

I think if one is to hollow out their penis and get an implant, the only method of treatment going forward will be an implant. I don’t think they’ll be able to get implanted men back to ‘normal’ ever.

But I definitely agree on the advancement of implant material! Let’s hope and pray!

Phoenix;
They do not "hollow out" your penis. They just use long scissors to push the tissue aside. :)

Larry

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:37 am

Better to function during your best years anyway
I'm not going to waste what I have left once I get sorted.

Really want it done now. I've gone from reluctance to wanting it done yesterday. Lol. Guess that's a good thing.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

antelope

Postby antelope » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:40 pm

If the alternative to a an implant with a series of updates/replacements and 50 to 60 years with a limp dick and no sex, the decision would be easy for me. Just make sure you've exhausted all the less invasive possibilities, such as pills, injections, etc.

I'd say the same thing (more or less) to a man over the age of 70. Do you want to got the rest of your life without sex? Not me, for sure. My uncle got his implant 15 years ago at age 75 and he's going strong...my hero!

All the best.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Phoenix18

Postby Phoenix18 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:58 pm

antelope wrote:If the alternative to a an implant with a series of updates/replacements and 50 to 60 years with a limp dick and no sex, the decision would be easy for me. Just make sure you've exhausted all the less invasive possibilities, such as pills, injections, etc.

I'd say the same thing (more or less) to a man over the age of 70. Do you want to got the rest of your life without sex? Not me, for sure. My uncle got his implant 15 years ago at age 75 and he's going strong...my hero!

All the best.

Yeah I hear you guys. And I agree.

But no one has really given me their opinion as to the implications of that many replacements.

As in;

- Would the penis hold up over that time?
- Would a mishap/botch iob not be likely over 7 or 8 surgeries?
- Would an infectious risk also increase?

It’s all very well knowing this is my last resort and yes that dictates what I should realistically do. But that’s not to say I shouldn’t consider the long term implications.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Phoenix18 wrote:
Yeah I hear you guys. And I agree.

But no one has really given me their opinion as to the implications of that many replacements.

As in;

- Would the penis hold up over that time?
- Would a mishap/botch iob not be likely over 7 or 8 surgeries?
- Would an infectious risk also increase?

It’s all very well knowing this is my last resort and yes that dictates what I should realistically do. But that’s not to say I shouldn’t consider the long term implications.

Yes, your penis should hold up over the years as long as the surgeon does the job right.
I wouldn’t say a botch job or mishap is likely over that many surgeries. Again, should be fine as long as surgeon does the job right.
Yes, it is true that infection risk goes up for revisions.
I understand your concerns. I was implanted at age 35 and I’m happy.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Phoenix18: These are mechanical devices and they could last twenty years or six months. My original one I believe I was like 58 years old and I have always been sexually active. It lasted 15 years using it almost every day, good sex. Made my partners very happy. Then I believe that the pump failed and I had a revision. The revision was even better because the LGX was super in my opinion, but the new MS pump was alway acting up and it failed twenty months later. So on Feb 8, 19 they will replace the pump which is minor surgery according to the doctor.
I am now 76 and still enjoy sex. Married to a young women keeps me going strong and I can hardly wait to get the new pump.

Don't worry on how many revisions you will need. Confront that issue as they come. It might take a long time in between before you need another. But I can guarantee you that you will like been active with a bionic dick. Women or love it.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Phoenix18

Postby Phoenix18 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:19 pm

All valid points. Thank you.

There are just so many ramifications to this for someone my age, you know?

Return to “Implants”