Looking for a Dr in NC, what questions do I ask

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
needhelp

Re: Looking for a Dr in NC, what questions do I ask

Postby needhelp » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:46 pm

DougAnd ....Thank you for that suggestion! That's the stuff I need to know. I'm going back for another appt to get serious with some questions and possible book a date....Im scared big time
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Lunatech wrote:Check out Dr. Terlecki at Wake Forest Baptist Health in Winston Salem. I'm getting one done by him on 2/28 (as long as insurance covers it). He uses AMS and I'm getting the LGX. They do an average of 2-3 implant surgeries a week so he's fairly high volume. I can answer more questions if you have them this evening when I get home.

Thank you. How did you locate your Dr ? How did you come to the conclusion you felt he was the "man for the job". How far do you live from him? .....sorry for all the questions. Im going through that process now. We are going to be pretty close in procedures I think.
Please stay in touch with me through out your process. You can give me a heads up on what's to come. I hope you love it and wish you the BEST.
I just got to convince myself that its the best thing for me. Im in denial.
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:02 pm

needhelp wrote:
Thank you. How did you locate your Dr ? How did you come to the conclusion you felt he was the "man for the job". How far do you live from him? .....sorry for all the questions. Im going through that process now. We are going to be pretty close in procedures I think.
Please stay in touch with me through out your process. You can give me a heads up on what's to come. I hope you love it and wish you the BEST.
I just got to convince myself that its the best thing for me. Im in denial.

I actually was referred to him by my main urologist who was treating me for low testosterone. He gave me the information packet about penile implants and gave me the referral to Dr. T. My insurance plan is (by choice) Wake Forest Baptist Health doctors only so I'm limited there. I've done a lot of research into the Dr and after we (Wife and I) met with him we felt he was the right one. My wife being a nurse practitioner knows all the medical questions to ask and her working for WFBH helps so I scheduled the surgery. Being 45 minutes from Winston Salem helps also.

I'm only 49 but have been suffering from ED for well over 10 years. I've tried everything except the urethra suppositories and nothing has worked for any length of time (VED and constriction ring doesn't even work reliably anymore) so an implant in my last option. I was in denial for a long time also but staying intimate with my wife (8 years younger than me BTW) is well worth getting this fixed once and for all. I'm still waiting on insurance approval as they will only cover an implant if it's medicaly necessary. Once approved I'll start a thread here to document my journey. If you have any other questions or just want to talk PM me or ask here.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

livingwithca

Postby livingwithca » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:07 am

I had my surgery at UNC with Dr. Figler. I think he does the most implants in the area, or at least the difficult ones. He was great when I met him in the office. He actually told me what questions I should be asking that I didn't. Everyone I dealt with (nurses in the office, at the hospital, etc) said they do these all the time and it was like a well oiled machine. Great result.

Return to “Implants”