Feeling - Implant compared to NATURAL ERECTION

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
needhelp

Re: Feeling - Implant compared to NATURAL ERECTION

Postby needhelp » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:27 pm

I completely under stand the fear of getting an implant. I'm single. I never had an ED issue. My sex life was great! I could get an erection on the spot. I could have sex for a very long time. I would always get complemented on my size and girth. Then one faithful night while having sex she must have moved just slightly...….I fractured my penis. This was only 8 months ago. Now I've developed a sever case of ED and a cure. Did the pills...nothing.....tried trimix, so far not working. I have not had time to accept this change. All you hear is the nightmare stories. I don't want to wake up and have a smaller dick. That feeling of foreplay will be gone. Trying to figure out what I'm going to do to pump it up on a first date if there's no bathroom around to head into. Yes is it going to feel weird? What will sex feel like or now be like? because once you have the surgery there's no going back. I can totally relate to the fear. I'm totally sacred
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:50 pm

If you think about it, implant surgery (apart from your emotional attachment to that particular part of your body) is no more scary than an appendectomy, rotator cuff repair, or arthroplasty (which I admit is a long way from my heart, figuratively and literally - it was my big toe). I have had all these plus the implant.

In each case one puts oneself in the hands of a medical team, often to the point of being unconscious and totally dependent on others even to breathe.

In each of the first surgeries, I had not doubt that the surgery was necessary and the timing and choice of medicos was either not my own or constrained by time requirements. For the implant, I was able to prepare much better, select a surgeon on whom I had confidence and educate myself thoroughly on the procedure.

Thus, I had no qualms at all about the implant surgery and never a moment of "What the f*** did I do to myself?" that others have expressed. Knowledge is power and chance favors those who are prepared. I was educated and prepared. My outcome has ratified my confidence going in.

Prepare yourself with knowledge. Make yourself a PART OF the medical team and get your surgeon to accept you as such. Then you will be much less apprehensive. I am sure.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:53 pm

Totally agree with Lost
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

ETGuy71

Postby ETGuy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Good post Lost
Diagnosed venous leak. Going with injections rather than implant for the time being.

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:If you think about it, implant surgery (apart from your emotional attachment to that particular part of your body) is no more scary than an appendectomy, rotator cuff repair, or arthroplasty (which I admit is a long way from my heart, figuratively and literally - it was my big toe). I have had all these plus the implant.

In each case one puts oneself in the hands of a medical team, often to the point of being unconscious and totally dependent on others even to breathe.

In each of the first surgeries, I had not doubt that the surgery was necessary and the timing and choice of medicos was either not my own or constrained by time requirements. For the implant, I was able to prepare much better, select a surgeon on whom I had confidence and educate myself thoroughly on the procedure.

Thus, I had no qualms at all about the implant surgery and never a moment of "What the f*** did I do to myself?" that others have expressed. Knowledge is power and chance favors those who are prepared. I was educated and prepared. My outcome has ratified my confidence going in.

Prepare yourself with knowledge. Make yourself a PART OF the medical team and get your surgeon to accept you as such. Then you will be much less apprehensive. I am sure.

You make a good point. I'm trying to educate myself but I'm wondering if I'm doing a good job. Talked to two Dr's and both said a couple of things that contradicted each other. I just want (like you were/are) confident about this procedure and Im doing the right thing
61 years old, single, Charlotte NC, Had a penile fracture. Implant scheduled for April 17. Dr Terlecki Winston-Salem, NC

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:18 pm

needhelp wrote:
You make a good point. I'm trying to educate myself but I'm wondering if I'm doing a good job. Talked to two Dr's and both said a couple of things that contradicted each other. I just want (like you were/are) confident about this procedure and Im doing the right thing

Thanks.

Please review for us what the primary contradictory information you are getting from the two Doctors? We may be able to figure out why the difference. Perhaps they perceived you were asking different questions or were using different vocabularies. Even so, Doctors may differ in their opinions about what is the "best" treatment for a patient. Some are aggressive in approach and some more cautious about going too far or too fast.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:06 pm

Thank you
In our conversation about implants and the procedure there were a couple comments that I thought were different from what I learned. I've been watching youtube allot trying to educate my self. In watching Dr Kramer's video he comments that he dose "modeling" to help with peyronies. The Dr I was visiting said he does not do "modeling". The other is the technique "Nesbit"for fixing the curvature penis. He does not do that, he does grafting. The techniques that the Dr I was vising seemed not to be very popular with what Ive been watchcing

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:24 am

needhelp wrote:Thank you
In our conversation about implants and the procedure there were a couple comments that I thought were different from what I learned. I've been watching youtube allot trying to educate my self. In watching Dr Kramer's video he comments that he dose "modeling" to help with peyronies. The Dr I was visiting said he does not do "modeling". The other is the technique "Nesbit"for fixing the curvature penis. He does not do that, he does grafting. The techniques that the Dr I was vising seemed not to be very popular with what Ive been watchcing

It is late, so this will be short. It sounds like your two doctors' approaches to your penile fracture are with different techniques. A completely reasonable and understandable difference. Chris I have no idea what the Nesbitt technique is but modeling is simply bending the penis straight like you would a bent coat hanger
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:16 am

Needhelp,

Keep researching.

Some of the surgical techniques you mentioned for peyrones treatment will shorten your penis, and therefore should only be used as a last resort. A lot depends on how bad your curve is. If it isn't too bad, an implant coupled with "modeling" during surgery will likely be a good option. Only if your curve is severe would it make sense to also do another procedure like nesbitt that will straighten, but shorten. It sounds like the grafting approach is an attempt to straighten the penis without shortening - but I am not familiar with the procedure, so do your homework on that one.

A lot also depends on how bad your ED is ... do you really need an implant to fix that?

There are some other non-surgical options to treat peyronies. like verapamil or xiaflex injections. But these won't help your ED.

So it depends on how bad your curve is and how bad your ED is. Nesbitt and similar "straightening" procedures should be last resort due to their potential shortening effect. My personal opinion is implant is preferable to those procedures.

But every situation is unique. Do your research and don't jump into any surgery without consulting muliple qualified Urologists who really understand peyronies. Dr. Levine at Rush University in Chicago is one of those, but by no means the only one.
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

needhelp

Postby needhelp » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Thank you. I had a fracture back 6/20/2018. Ever since then I have not had any type of an erection to have sex. I was able at first to have (if you want to call it sex) sex, but it was a joke. had to help it in and hold it while I was having sex to keep it in. Ever since then its gotten worse. Pills did nothing. Now we are on the trimix slowly increasing the dosage. As to date no stiff erection, just soft. So I guess if the Trimix does not work I really do not have many options and that may be a sign I do have an ED issue. The Dr talked about the Doppler ultra sound test, but he said regardless of what the outcome is the remedies are the pills or trimix, back to square one. I do keep asking myself for some reason, do I really have ED? Think I'm in denial. As far as the curve with out a really stiff erection I'm not sure of the degree of how bad it is but I can tell you it looks like a banana that curves to the right. Embarrassing (when I start to get an erection only. Flaccid (?? spelling) it looks normal. They say the longer I take the more shrinkage Ill get because of lack of blood...… but I do get soft erections at night, so maybe that helps because I'm getting some blood flow. Feel like time is agents' me

Return to “Implants”