34 and scheduled for an implant on 1/24/19

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tmansdorfer

Re: 34 and scheduled for an implant on 1/24/19

Postby Tmansdorfer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:20 am

I have been told that the bone pressed stretched length is the most accurate. I guess we will find out in a couple months how accurate it is. As of now I am way shorter than any of my previous measurements using trimix, ved or stretched. Prior to the implant I was at least an inch longer when using the ved to measure compared to the other measurements.
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Tmansdorfer wrote:I have been told that the bone pressed stretched length is the most accurate. I guess we will find out in a couple months how accurate it is. As of now I am way shorter than any of my previous measurements using trimix, ved or stretched. Prior to the implant I was at least an inch longer when using the ved to measure compared to the other measurements.

My length under vacuum was considerably longer than by any other means, even my (natural) youthful pre-E.D. length in my sexual prime. So, I conclude that the Vacuum-assisted length is inordinately optimistic for most men. But a nice goal toward which to aspire.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Naples

Postby Naples » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:58 am

Listen to MK1965 he is spot on. I am at 5-1/2 weeks and I too was very short right after implant and dr had me start pumping at 3weeks. I was not too happy with what I was seeing. Just two and a half weeks of cycling and massaging the pubic area has made a big difference. I can tell I will be back to pre ED size or real close to it in a matter of time. Learning patience sucks. But having hope which is what the implant gives us, is what you must hold on to with patience.
54 ED, tried it all for last two years, was scheduled for titan implant Dec 11,2017. Insurance problems got approval finally. Implanted January 7, 2019, in Oklahoma City

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Tmansdorfer wrote:One other question I have is the day after surgery the dr deflated me. When I feel for the tips they are not up in the head. When it is deflated should the implant still be up into the glands? Just worrying that the dr undersized me.
I am puzzled as how one USC doc kept me 80-90 % hard during healing and your USC doc deflated you. Maybe my doc was straightening out my pyronies.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Tmansdorfer

Postby Tmansdorfer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 am

Yea I am not sure why the protocol would be different. I know my dr told me that he wanted me to be 100% healed prior to pumping. I am trying to stay as positive and patient as I can until the activation visit next Friday. I still feel like I was greatly undersized but only time will tell and i hope everyone’s right that is saying to not worry until after a couple months of cycling. Thanks again everyone for your help and advice.
39 01/24/19 USC Dr Doumanian LGX 15cm 3, lGX 18 +2, revision 6-20 18+3 pump failure, revision 8-20 left cylinder in scrotum, 1-21 removed infection switched to dr Doyle, Boyd 10.05.21 a 15+3 cx,revision 01,23,24 with switch to LGX 15+6 fat pad removal.

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:19 am

Every Doc has a different protocol based on (a) medical science and (b) their personal experience with their patients. My Doc sent me home 60% inflated; had me come back 2 weeks later for deflation; and is not allowing me to start cycling until 7 weeks after the operation. His approach (at least with me) is to get 100% healing before playtime. based on my pain tolerance (NOT), I am happy with this approach!
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:55 pm

GruffHunter wrote:Every Doc has a different protocol based on (a) medical science and (b) their personal experience with their patients. My Doc sent me home 60% inflated; had me come back 2 weeks later for deflation; and is not allowing me to start cycling until 7 weeks after the operation. His approach (at least with me) is to get 100% healing before playtime. based on my pain tolerance (NOT), I am happy with this approach!

Yes, pain tolerance has a lot to do with it.

In July, 2016 I found this article. I recommend anyone interested in this subject to read the full article thoroughly.

Most interesting is the high dropout rate (and the reason for it).

I also wonder how much pre-op stretching by application of a Vacuum Erection Device (V.E.D) would have reduced the dropout rate or increased the effectiveness of early activation.

Other studies have been done, experiencing a similar dropout problem. I guess it depends heavily on how much you want it and what you will endure to get it.

Pre-op prep as well as post-op treatment are both important, in my opinion.

This article refers to the differences that early activation vs no early activation of the inflatable prosthesis
Title" Pseudo-capsule “coffin” effect: How to prevent penile retraction after implant of three-piece inflatable prosthesis
Authors: Enrico Caraceni, Lilia Utizi, Giovanni Angelozzi; Department of Urology, Civitanova Marche Hospital, Italy.
Short Summary: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25017596
Longer summary: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25017596
with this sentence: "The result is a penis bigger in flaccid state but smaller in erect phase, when early activation is not performed"
Full article: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... prosthesis

This article was obviously translated from the original Italian, so there may be some grammar issues to overlook.

And this one might be of interest to this thread: "Over what timespan does Scar Tissue form post-op? (And can it be reversed)?"
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11379&p=97430
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

ChosenOne619

Postby ChosenOne619 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:02 am

Lot of people saying length is same after surgery makes me feel like getting an implant. Sounds too good to be true. I mean a bionic penis is technically better than a non bionic. I just hope if I get one I won't be left feeling depressed if I lost 2 inches like I've heard sorry to be negative. I guess I would have to save up for penis enlargement surgery
22 year old male with Ed since I could remember. Tried sildenafil 20mg per pill went up to 4 pills didn't work and side effect were getting to me. San Diego, California where I reside

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:05 am

Choose your doctor carefully!

That seems to be the key.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:15 pm

ChosenOne619 wrote:Lot of people saying length is same after surgery makes me feel like getting an implant. Sounds too good to be true. I mean a bionic penis is technically better than a non bionic. I just hope if I get one I won't be left feeling depressed if I lost 2 inches like I've heard sorry to be negative. I guess I would have to save up for penis enlargement surgery

You SURE about that?
a bionic penis is technically better than a non bionic.

There is a lot to be said for a penis that does not cum and go limp afterward. But there is a lot to be said for a penis that erects itself under the ministrations of a loved one. A penis that assures your partner of her desirability. And without the risk and expense of surgery nor the near-guarantee that it will fail after a few years and need replacing.

As nice as the upsides are, there are downsides. Downsides that men with E.D. already have (so carry no weight with those guys) but might be a significant cost to a man whose erectile ability is still intact.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”